Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Vickers the keeper right? heard about the own goal but some of the highlights showed he had some decent saves in him. Crowley still progressing well im guessing, cant believe he's 16, how depressing. Was Zelalem playing?
    Yeah. I missed their goal as I only started watching midway through first half.

Zelalem played and was decent. How i expected him to be. The range of passing, composure and close control is there. He'll be at home playing short passes and the triangles. He takes a bit too many touches and sometimes takes too long to make his decision for my liking though that might be him waiting for the situation to develop but I'd like him to move the ball quicker.

He needs to bulk up ALOT and hopefully his height shoots up a few inches. He isn't ready for PL not even near.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Illuminati.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Yeah. I missed their goal as I only started watching midway through first half.

Zelalem played and was decent. How i expected him to be. The range of passing, composure and close control is there. He'll be at home playing short passes and the triangles. He takes a bit too many touches and sometimes takes too long to make his decision for my liking though that might be him waiting for the situation to develop but I'd like him to move the ball quicker.

He needs to bulk up ALOT and hopefully his height shoots up a few inches. He isn't ready for PL not even near.
    Yeah the times i've seen Zelalem play, technically he is progressing and pretty sound. His frame is that of a marathon runner though and he would get bullied in the modern game, he's only turned 17 though to be fair. Get the lad on some ICF 5x5, 4000kcal, creatine, 5kg per lb of BW of protein and he should be a juggernaut lol.

ReputationRep:
    This is a bit random, but is the World Cup game out? And is it out on ps4?
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Everyone knows the first page is where the trolling takes place
    Paul Scholes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Paul Scholes?
    Paul Scholes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    This is a bit random, but is the World Cup game out? And is it out on ps4?
    Only on the old gen consoles now tbh. The demo is out but it aint coming out on PS4 IIRC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    Only on the old gen consoles now tbh. The demo is out but it aint coming out on PS4 IIRC
    Ahhhhh are you for real?

Why the eff do EA do the most annoying things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    And he was a West Ham boy until he was 16...

...goes back way longer as well. Chelsea's youth record in the 1980s and 1990s is equally pitiful. Spurs generally useless as well. Generally speaking, any talented kid from the London area has come through at WHU, Arsenal or Palace for the South. Even kids like Merson who were from Chelsea's doorstep all found their way to AFC. The non-League sides have a great record as well Stuart Pearce, Les Ferdinand and Ian Wright are just 3 who played non-League for years before they were spotted.

Senrab in East London have a ridiculous record too
    Last world class player that came through before John Terry would probably be Jimmy Greaves. If we had a Jimmy Greaves or a John Terry come through every 5 years we'd have an amazing youth academy.

It's not even as if we don't have the players, we do it's just that we don't play them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Last world class player that came through before John Terry would probably be Jimmy Greaves. If we had a Jimmy Greaves or a John Terry come through every 5 years we'd have an amazing youth academy.

It's not even as if we don't have the players, we do it's just that we don't play them.
    You lot aren't prepared to go down in quality for the sake of bringing through youth, anyone who says mceachran wasn't given a chance can go jump off the second floor of a building like that guy from wu tang.

and to an extent I respect that, football isn't a game of who has the moral high ground.

I just pray to God Mourinho pips that turnip Rogers to the title.

ReputationRep:

Chelsea's academy has historically been terrible but its not that bad. Le Saux, Osgood, and Wilkins were world class players to come out of Chelsea's academy: Le Saux is considered to be one of the best left backs to play in the Premier League, Osgood one of the best to play for Chelsea and Wilkins carried Chelsea in the 1970s and even took the captain's armband before he turned 20. All after Greaves.

ReputationRep:
    Pulis? Mourinho? Which one of these great rivals is a better manager. You decide!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2654190

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Chelsea's academy has historically been terrible but its not that bad. Le Saux, Osgood, and Wilkins were world class players to come out of Chelsea's academy: Le Saux is considered to be one of the best left backs to play in the Premier League, Osgood one of the best to play for Chelsea and Wilkins carried Chelsea in the 1970s and even took the captain's armband before he turned 20. All after Greaves.
    Wilkins counts as senrab for wanstead flats according to Zurich.

Le Saux counts as St pauls according to Zurich.
    Osgood counts as a youth squad player, forgot about him.

Although I'd say they count as youth squad players, poaching somebody at the age of 15 and developing them is a lot of youth squad work.

Would you say that Fabio and Rafael counts as United youth squad or Fluminense?

ReputationRep:
    Lol yaboy's back from his Sabbatical I see.

Our youth academy has been pretty poor lately tbh. Since the class of 92 we've had no-one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wilkins counts as senrab for wanstead flats according to Zurich.

Le Saux counts as St pauls according to Zurich.
    Osgood counts as a youth squad player, forgot about him.

Although I'd say they count as youth squad players, poaching somebody at the age of 15 and developing them is a lot of youth squad work.

Would you say that Fabio and Rafael counts as United youth squad or Fluminense?
    Then why did you mention Terry? Poached at 14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    Lol yaboy's back from his Sabbatical I see.

Our youth academy has been pretty poor lately tbh. Since the class of 92 we've had no-one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbf you've been producing United's equivalent of Jack Cork and Josh Mceachrans the past few years. Players who are good for squad depth and that's it.

ReputationRep:
    There is something erotic about the thread title......

Anyways, Ozil is coming back!

ReputationRep:
    Tbf you've been producing United's equivalent of Jack Cork and Josh Mceachrans the past few years. Players who are good for squad depth and that's it.
    Yeah pretty much. Our team has been **** for the last few years anyway.

Inb4 produced Januzaj.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Arsenal thread 30. Will probably have Olivier Giroud and Podolski having a threesome with some slut in a hotel.

(Original post by little_tom)
    Then why did you mention Terry? Poached at 14.
    Yeah I forgot about that. I just mean that we have a pretty bad youth squad. If we were to go by the poached before a professional contract. Bobby Tambling would also count here.

Although saying that, while I consider those players you put in very good players, Greaves and Terry are easily a different class to all those other players. We're talking probably the best English goalscorer of all time and one of the 3 best english CBs of this generation(Campbell and Ferdinand being the other two)

Greaves had a scoring record comparable to Messi at Chelsea. I think he has the record for most league goals in a season in the first division although it was in a 42 game season.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.