13.41%
    I managed to finish the paper but didn't check
    26.83%
    I missed off a few of the questions
    37.80%
    I missed >half of the questions
    3.66%

ReputationRep:
    The resistance of the LDR... anyone else get 463.2 ohms!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minecraft27)
    473, here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizi0808)
    I took this paper without revision so i was going to find it impossible either way, but some of the further maths people in my class (the type who took as level maths modules a year early and got 100 ums) said it was a hard paper, harder than any of the past papers, if that makes anyone feel better... Any guesses at what an A would be??
    42?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shady23)
    See thats what I don't get, that paper with the low grade boundary was 100 times easier than this paper :'(
    So hopefully the grade boundaries for this paper are 100 times lower than that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    Yeah in fairness the questions themselves weren't super hard, but the amount they expect you to do in one hour is ridiculous. Besides, having a lot of time pressure kind of equates to being a hard paper anyway, as people will drop marks.
    Hmmm I guess so, it was harder than stuff like m2 for mei, but then the maths is the ez bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    I think it just depends on the answer you got to the previous question. I used my rounded value and got 3000kg, but to be honest 2000kg is better as it's closer at the very least...

I just said it's comparable to 2400kg because they have the same order of magnitude
    Oh right yeah it should be fine then I used the value they gave to work it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbo54)
    473, here.
    Did you get that through

V(out) = R1/(R1+R2) +V(s) ?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got the same as you. Rounded it to 463 Ohms though.

And yeah I used:
    V(out) = R1/(R1+R2) +V(s)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    So hopefully the grade boundaries for this paper are 100 times lower than that!
    I wish! I'd probably still get a C or something somehow LOL

ReputationRep:
    Did you get that through

V(out) = R1/(R1+R2) +V(s) ?
    I use v1/v2 = r1/r2.

I found the voltage at 1000 lux from the graph. Then 6 - LDR voltage to get the voltage of the fixed resistor.

After that I re-arranged the formula to get R.

ReputationRep:
    I love how on the WJEC thread I'm hearing things about how the paper was so easy that the grade boundaries will be high

Why did my teachers choose this board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynamewontfit)
    42?
    Nope, reckon it's lower. The 2010 paper that has a boundary of 35 for an A was much easier.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the conductivity of graphene?

ReputationRep:
    Something of the order 10^-7 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalios)
    What did everyone get for the conductivity of graphene?
    Something to the power of 17

ReputationRep:
    Was the one about justifying the image length 4.76 or 5.26? I'm sure the question said 5% over...

ReputationRep:
    The frequency of the wave on the second question. What did people get roughly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackArch)
    The frequency of the wave on the second question. What did people get roughly?
    275 Hz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    I got the same as you asides from density - I think you're right, but the fact they said charge carrier density threw me. Charge carries are usually electrons so I thought maybe as electrons have no/negligible mass it would be m^-3 only?

But I'm probably overthinking. Density is mass per unit volume.
    Electrons have a mass of 9.11*10^-31 or somewhere close to that. I know this since I do the A2 part of this OCR course.

I got the resistance at around 460-470 ohms on the potential divider question; I can't remember exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrystalPlanet)
    Electrons have a mass of 9.11*10^-31 or somewhere close to that. I know this since I do the A2 part of this OCR course.

I got the resistance at around 460-470 ohms on the potential divider question; I can't remember exactly.
    Surely, though, the charge carrier density refers to the number of charge carriers, rather than their mass? Wikipedia (unreliable, I know) says m^-3.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.