Conchita is not a "she" Watch

PythianLegume
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SarcasticMel)
I don't like the beard. No problem if he wants to dress as a woman and be called she. But wearing a beard imo a) kind of makes fun of the whole thing (no actual woman would have that so why does he when he is pretending to be a woman?) and b) just looks silly.

(Original post by Maid Marian)
But the beard ... !!!! :beard:
I think the beard is there to emphasise the drag nature of the act, and make a more explicit statement about equality. Although I've not heard Tom/Conchita's perspective.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)
I think the beard is there to emphasise the drag nature of the act, and make a more explicit statement about equality. Although I've not heard Tom/Conchita's perspective.
But if he's trying to be a girl then it doesn't make sense!! :bawling:

The beard is confusing :beard:
PythianLegume
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But if he's trying to be a girl then it doesn't make sense!! :bawling:

The beard is confusing :beard:
He's not trying to be a girl - he's trying to be a man dressed as a woman. At least that's how I took it - it's about the statement rather than the act itself.
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
He's not trying to be a girl - he's trying to be a man dressed as a woman. At least that's how I took it - it's about the statement rather than the act itself.
I don't get it at all tbh.
Ggmu!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think he just made himself look stupid, I don't see anything in that message to do with 'equality'. I see 'another weirdo wins eurovision' as always.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RabbitCFH
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't get it at all tbh.
Because it just doesn't make any sense. :dontknow:
SarcasticMel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
He is not just dressed as a woman though, he also alters his voice and wears make up like a woman would...
PythianLegume
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SarcasticMel)
He is not just dressed as a woman though, he also alters his voice and wears make up like a woman would...
Well yes, but the point is still that he's a biological man acting as a woman. The beard was to draw attention to this - if he didn't have the beard, I bet lots of people would never have realised Conchita wasn't a real woman. That's kind of the point.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Physically, no, she isn't; I'm sure she would tell you that too. But what makes you think you know better than her what she is mentally?
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
****ing lefty weird **** lesbian ****.

Some strange bull **** goes on these days.
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mad Vlad)
She gets to choose whatever pronoun she wants to use to describe her. As a matter of politeness, you use that.

It's pretty damn simple.
As a sovereign human being I get to call a spade a spade. I will call a man, a man. A he a he.

Please respect my freedom of expression. Cheers. Many thanks.

I don't wish to report you, but I will if you infringe on my rights. Thanks.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by the mezzil)
As a sovereign human being I get to call a spade a spade. I will call a man, a man. A he a he.

Please respect my freedom of expression. Cheers. Many thanks.

I don't wish to report you, but I will if you infringe on my rights. Thanks.
http://xkcd.com/1357/

[EDIT] The mouseover text is particularly relevant here.
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah this is not the USA. Please keep to laws that are in the UK, as you are supposed to do as a mod. You know the rules of TSR, as do I. The laws this site recognises are UK laws, not USA.

Thanks again.
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah this is not the USA. Please keep to laws that are in the UK, as you are supposed to do as a mod. You know the rules of TSR, as do I. The laws this site recognises are UK laws, not USA.

Thanks again.
My point applies irrespective of jurisdiction. Your pedantry does your "argument" no favours.
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wonder why some male members of the forum are getting so riled up at this?

I can just picturing them sat behind their computer screen with contorted faces going BUT... BEARD! THERE WAS A BEARD! MEN HAVE BEARDS! I KNOW WHAT MEN LOOK LIKE... AND THEY HAVE BEARDS!
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My point applies irrespective of jurisdiction. Your pedantry does your "argument" no favours.
Your point is irrelevant. Start quoting amendments from the USA, and I will start quoting North Korean laws. Both are forms of jurisdiction. Both are equally invalid.
the mezzil
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)

I can just picturing them sat behind their computer screen with contorted faces going BUT... BEARD! THERE WAS A BEARD! MEN HAVE BEARDS! I KNOW WHAT MEN LOOK LIKE... AND THEY HAVE BEARDS!
How do you know they are male?

How do you know they aren't horses?

I personally prefer to be identified as a computer.
hello101010
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)

But men do have beards? Lol I don't see your point
Mad Vlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your point is irrelevant. Start quoting amendments from the USA, and I will start quoting North Korean laws. Both are forms of jurisdiction. Both are equally invalid.
My point was about Freedom of Expression. I'd stop trolling now.
bertstare
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://xkcd.com/1357/

[EDIT] The mouseover text is particularly relevant here.
This isn't really a realistic representation of his views though, you can walk into a job interview today and claim you are a part male, part female, part third gender, part no gender, part soil dwelling invertebrate, and you'll be laughed out the door in sub 10 seconds. It's not like he's calling for blacks and homosexuals to be enslaved, he's just saying that these ridiculous attempts at attention whoring and the pseudoscientific nonsense that supposedly supports them are not something to be taken seriously, I'm sure many people do agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (750)
80.3%
Leave (184)
19.7%

Watched Threads