Giggs
    24.44%
    Suarez
    75.56%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    From the first page I count 9 condemnations and 1 saying they aren't bothered. Nothing about it being acceptable, not comparable.
    Not on here. I meant on Twitter/IRL. Heard plenty of people say it, to be honest. I agree with you, though. For what it's worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Not on here. I meant on Twitter/IRL. Heard plenty of people say it, to be honest. I agree with you, though. For what it's worth.
    It's a strange one, same as JT, everyone has rightly condemned Giggs for this, including Utd fans (who accept it, then follow with "but he was a footballing professional" yet Liverpool fans by and large don't accept the racist comment and downplay the biting as "childish" as if he's just a puppy and he'll grow out of it. At least acknowledge that he's in the wrong FFS.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine, Pool fan, put up on Twitter, totally out of the blue, a joke about Evra reporting Mascherano to the tax office because he likes getting Liverpool players in trouble, he's an idiot, but it's amazing how many retweets he gets.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A friend of mine, Pool fan, put up on Twitter, totally out of the blue, a joke about Evra reporting Mascherano to the tax office because he likes getting Liverpool players in trouble, he's an idiot, but it's amazing how many retweets he gets.
    That's ridiculous. The whole affair could have been handled better by everyone - namely Liverpool's management.

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous. The whole affair could have been handled better by everyone - namely Liverpool's management.
    Anyone but Suarez doing that would have been condemned by Dalglish and hated by their own fans.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anyone but Suarez doing that would have been condemned by Dalglish and hated by their own fans.
    Ah, but it was Suarez.

Geniuses tend to be indulged. Ferguson himself admitted it, with regard to Cantona.

You think Poborsky would have been backed if he kung-fu kicked a fan?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.