Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freezer)
    IM BACK!

I know this is for 06 but just to say I got my unconditional for 07 to do Law.

So next year I will be looking out for all those Ive seen on here....
    Hi!!! I'll be starting with you in 2007!! We can litter this forum with our posts together all throughout the year!:p:

Well done on getting your place confirmed

ReputationRep:
    Ooh congrats Freezer

Did they give you an offer for next year you when you missed the grades too?

Am I the only one that has to retake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fredish)
    i dont think i sent my form in any earlier than most, in fact it was probably later than normal, i only decided to come to uni this year in about june or july, was going to go travelling but family circumstances changed. cant really remember when i spoke to them about it. but it was late, but they were nice to me. so dont worry about early birds getting the worm and all that, dont think its true.
    hey guys dont worry about sending it off late or anything... coz there is no early or late thing as long as u send it in before the august deadline.. its when the results are published that the uni starts sifting through the accommodation applications...until then all the applications are of equal status coz nobody knows whos going to which uni, as it obviously all depends on our grades... if u might remember this information was contained in the pack while we were applying... so it doesnt make a difference when we posted off the applications.

just thought id ease ya worries! parv xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srb23)
    Trust, Sussex is such a open minded institution.

The diversity is unreal, and the services provided for students are excellent.

Once you come home for the winter break, your parents will be chuffed to see how well you have progressed and matured.

Unis a big step, but it's also has a massive impact on who you become, and Sussex us probably one of the best places in the country to explore and express your self.

In a nutshell its your life not theirs, sussex is amazing and it would be a shame to miss out on such a rewarding three years of your life.

Time to stand on your own two feet.

good luck
    hey peeps... yes i absolutely adore sussex to bits.. i love everything about it especially since i have experienced it first hand by living there during summer school 2 years ago... uni will be a hugely significant experience in my life because i know i will discover a lot about myself (and others). my mum is coming back tomorrow night but ill be out most of the weekend working, which is good.... although ill have to confront my fears sometime or other and just get on with the whole chaotic family discussion......regardless of that though.. i will be coming to sussex. and hopefully she will let me take my computer with me coz there are two in the house and its a bit silly to keep mine here when my brother has his own... it will be very sad if i am at uni computerless while everybody out there is buying laptops for themselves... coz i simply cannot live without my p.c.

thanks for all your advice guys and i will try to use it over the next 3 weeks in convincing my mum and dad. gonna be tough, but gotta be done.

cheers, Parv xxx

ReputationRep:
    Wow, sussex has to be amazing based on the posts on this forum :p: I was a bit concerned by not visitng any of the Uni's I applied to, but reading about all of your excitement really gets me excited too

ReputationRep:
    ^ what were the other unis you applied to? ^^

ReputationRep:
    East Anglia, Westminster (had to suffer through a nervwrecking telephone interview) ummm... what else?? can't remember... oh yeah, UWE in Bristol and Nottingham... I honestly didn't know where I wanted to go, and wasn't even sure I wanted to go to the UK when I applied, so if had to go through the application again I think I'd do some more research :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna say slight variation in the unis you applied to!!
    Ah you've made the right choice, Sussex forever whooooo

ReputationRep:
    Yeeeey! I really feel that sussex (and Brighton) is the right choice..!!!

And Uni seem to be so much different in the UK, in a good way of course!!

so where did you apply before falling head over heals for sussex..? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyds117)
    especially at the weekend when loads of people go home.
    do alot of ppl go home at weekends then cos the people i went to uni with last year did mention that alot of ppl in halls went home for the weekend-and i dont intend to but i really dont fancy being the only person in my corridor some weekends! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    do alot of ppl go home at weekends then cos the people i went to uni with last year did mention that alot of ppl in halls went home for the weekend-and i dont intend to but i really dont fancy being the only person in my corridor some weekends!
    Depends. The Londonites are forever popping back and forth.

ReputationRep:
    It varies but yeah because a lot of people come from London and the South East there's always the temptation to go home for the weekend. Personally I didn't really go home at all (apart from holidays obviously) as I thought I'd find it easier to settle in if I didn't but a lot of my housemates did - I remember one weekend when there was only 3 of us left out of 25! Don't worry though, there'll always be people who don't go home so you won't be too lonely

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected by UEA, so they SUCK!

UWE is a bit crappy, Nottingham has a good reputation but the city is an acquired taste. Westminster is pretty cool, but you have London rent prices. (Slightly more than Sussex).

Telephone interviews are baaaaad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayC)
    Yeeeey! I really feel that sussex (and Brighton) is the right choice..!!!

And Uni seem to be so much different in the UK, in a good way of course!!

so where did you apply before falling head over heals for sussex..? :p:
    Ah see, if I still had my huuuggeee giant signature listing all my choices you wouldn't have to ask that question!

I had offers from Sussex , Kent, Exeter, Keele, Aberystwyth and Swansea. Didn't even visit Exeter or Swansea, Keele I found to be pleasant but I just felt too up north, Aberystwyth didn't have enough going on for me (my friend goes there and there's like one clothes shop there- I don't even like New Look!:p: ), Kent was also lovely (Canterbury is stunning) but a bit quiet.
    Plus the English course at Sussex sounded amazing and the people who talked to me on the visit day were sooooo enthusiastic they just completely sold it to me!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Im Helen, im 18, will be studying English and still dont know where i'll be living! sussex sounds amazing and i can't wait although admitttedly am also quite nervous! hope to see all you guys in a month!!!

ReputationRep:
    lancaster house 040

not norwich house, but not a host family in falmer village.. so.. pretty good i guess (although i have to walk that bit longer to get to lectures)

also... the dell student deal thing that came with the fresher's pack... seems to be offering the 'deal' of slow laptops at more expensive prices than the normal dell site...

ReputationRep:
    (although i have to walk that bit longer to get to lectures)
    Hehe, the 15 seconds extra really is depressing

ReputationRep:
    yay! someone else whos in lancaster house!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Shayna, I'm 20 years old and I'm an international student from California. I'll be taking English lit, international relations and political science (specifically EU stuff), and French courses. Fun times. I found out yesterday that I'm living in Brighthelm.

Cheers, y'all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fine crystal)
    lancaster house 040

not norwich house, but not a host family in falmer village.. so.. pretty good i guess (although i have to walk that bit longer to get to lectures)

also... the dell student deal thing that came with the fresher's pack... seems to be offering the 'deal' of slow laptops at more expensive prices than the normal dell site...
    but norwich house is up a steep hill so i reckon you're actually closer to lectures

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.