i wonder if she'll get neighbours like us upstairs :p:
djaorta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fiona2806)
Hey!

This site is amazing, I only wish I'd found it earlier! Well, I'll be living in flat 17 in derby house, (if i've interpterted the code correctly, which I very much doubt, hehe). Any other Derby House people out there? Does anyone know if the ethernet connection in our rooms is free or do we have to pay extra for it? Any advice on what to take in relation to pots and pans? Ohh, I'm starting to get rather giddy, not to mention scared, hehe.

See you on thursday!
Yes, gonna be living in flat 8
hello btw, I'm Abdullah...hehe
See ya thursday..
dameythemagikmonk
Report 12 years ago
Anyone know the best way of getting from Manc Piccadilly to Whitworth park? Bus/cab/walk??
~Rogue~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dameythemagikmonk)
Anyone know the best way of getting from Manc Piccadilly to Whitworth park? Bus/cab/walk??
Bus
lee_06
Report 12 years ago
Hi, i'm in Whitworth park goin be in Thorncliffe house flat 6 room A i think.

Lee
egg_soup
Report 12 years ago
i just wanna know what the rules are for overnight guests in garstang. i know theres been loadsa posts on this but i wanna know specifically, can you have people round without them finding out? please!!!

x
Jutx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lee_06)
Hi, i'm in Whitworth park goin be in Thorncliffe house flat 6 room A i think.

Lee
Looks like were gonna be in the same flat..i'm room H however. I have a strange feeling i'm gonna have the smallest room lol.
~*tweety*~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
does anyone know if you get a mirror in your room?

thanks, Punita xx
Sarritichi
Report 12 years ago
There's a bigger mirror in the wardrobe, and a smaller one on the wall by the door.
Lunchface
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by zoe_b)
i just wanna know what the rules are for overnight guests in garstang. i know theres been loadsa posts on this but i wanna know specifically, can you have people round without them finding out? please!!!

x

They'll never know or care, even though they say they will. I knew somone who last year had his girlfriend living with him in his room for the whole time, she even got mail.

Officially no overnight guests, but they have no real way of enforcing this at all, and if you spoke to security they'd probably be more annoyed with the fact theyd have to say no and maybe fill in some paperwork about the incident. There is no sign in desk, you just walk through the security gate using the Keyfob that you'll be provided with. And aslong as your not sneaking in some wrinkly 100 year old man who clearly isnt a student/mature student no one's even going to bat an eyelid.

If you're still fretting just wait until you arrive and then make an assesment yourself.

I think the most important part is telling your flatmates though, its their living space aswell and some people like to know when someone is coming into their house etcetc...tis only polite i supose

any help?
egg_soup
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lunchface)
They'll never know or care, even though they say they will. I knew somone who last year had his girlfriend living with him in his room for the whole time, she even got mail.

Officially no overnight guests, but they have no real way of enforcing this at all, and if you spoke to security they'd probably be more annoyed with the fact theyd have to say no and maybe fill in some paperwork about the incident. There is no sign in desk, you just walk through the security gate using the Keyfob that you'll be provided with. And aslong as your not sneaking in some wrinkly 100 year old man who clearly isnt a student/mature student no one's even going to bat an eyelid.

If you're still fretting just wait until you arrive and then make an assesment yourself.

I think the most important part is telling your flatmates though, its their living space aswell and some people like to know when someone is coming into their house etcetc...tis only polite i supose

any help?
thats ace thank you. its just my boyfriend is nervous about coming over if hes guna have to sneak in through some window lol. thank you!
~Rogue~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by zoe_b)
thats ace thank you. its just my boyfriend is nervous about coming over if hes guna have to sneak in through some window lol. thank you!
But that's the fun of it!
Bronnie
Report 12 years ago
I'm in whitworth Park garstang House 02.19.129
I'm not going until the saturday though....aah i'm scared you'll all be there before me!
also don't have a basin. gutted
~*tweety*~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sarritichi)
There's a bigger mirror in the wardrobe, and a smaller one on the wall by the door.
kl thanks!
egg_soup
Report 12 years ago
im worried that im guna get there and no1 else will have moved in on thursday with me. and il be sat all alone in the dark.... that would be poo
Absinthe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Referring to the guests thing...since the flats are single sex has anyone from the previous years had a problem with flatmates having their boyfriends/girlfriends over? I wouldn't have any problem with any flatmates having lads over (clearly, because I would be a hypocrite as I intend to have my boyfriend stay over if he stays with me haha) but I wondered if...people cared.

Might seem a stupid question but I dunno if in a flat full of girls they'd feel a bit uncomfortable with a lad amongst them.
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Absinthe)
Referring to the guests thing...since the flats are single sex has anyone from the previous years had a problem with flatmates having their boyfriends/girlfriends over? I wouldn't have any problem with any flatmates having lads over (clearly, because I would be a hypocrite as I intend to have my boyfriend stay over if he stays with me haha) but I wondered if...people cared.

Might seem a stupid question but I dunno if in a flat full of girls they'd feel a bit uncomfortable with a lad amongst them.
I can't be one to say but as long as you asked everyone on your floor (or even your flat if your that friendly with them all) and made sure your boyfriend/girlfriend stayed to certain places (not going in other people's rooms, even if everyone else does) and doesn't make a mess or hog the bathroom then it should be alright. But if people say they'd rather not have them stay over, then you have to respect their wishes and not sneak them in or blatantly ignore them

Not that you would but you never know
Maz-28
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Someone said the flats are single sex? was just wondering if they were or mixed, doesnt actually say anywhere

Nm i'm blind says on the site
egg_soup
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Maz-28)
Someone said the flats are single sex? was just wondering if they were or mixed, doesnt actually say anywhere

Nm i'm blind says on the site
what does it say?
Maz-28
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by zoe_b)
what does it say?
it says single sex areas, so im guessin this means that flats are single sex but the building is mixed?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed