Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

France vs Germany discussion thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    yep take away goals from this game that game oh and that one as well and while we're at it can we just take them away from that game as well. ****ing pathetic excuses the defense has been an absolute shambles at times. almost went 3-0 down 10 mins inside the fa cup final to hull for **** sake. state of defending has been a shambles in the prem as well tbf not just arsenal. Chelsea are the only team who can defend.
    :rofl: why you trying to back track for? :rofl3:

Fa cup was minor. What's the point of winning it the easy way????

Your defense are only half decent because mourinho know nothing but parking the bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    :rofl: why you trying to back track for? :rofl3:

Fa cup was minor. What's the point of winning it the easy way????

Your defense are only half decent because mourinho know nothing but parking the bus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Backtracking the defends was a ****ing joke you're using some thick logic that take all the hard games out and it looks good

My own set of fans disgust me sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Backtracking the defends was a ****ing joke you're using some thick logic that take all the hard games out and it looks good

My own set of fans disgust me sometimes
    That post was obviously in respond to this point which you're now backtracking from.

'we've been **** defensively in a lot more than 3 away games this season or do you only count the games that are close to double digits as being bad defensively?'

I've already shown that the terrible defense was limited to just 3/4 games. Take those game out, the defense is top 2 in the league. No doubt. Keep backtracking though.

I don't blame you for hating your fellow fans. If I was a Chelsea fan like you, I wouldn't be able to function.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    That post was obviously in respond to this point which you're now backtracking from.

'we've been **** defensively in a lot more than 3 away games this season or do you only count the games that are close to double digits as being bad defensively?'

I've already shown that the terrible defense was limited to just 3/4 games. Take those game out, the defense is top 2 in the league. No doubt. Keep backtracking though.

I don't blame you for hating your fellow fans. If I was a Chelsea fan like you, I wouldn't be able to function.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm at work now but I'll get more examples tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could say the same for Spurs, or Everton, or United...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    You could say the same for Spurs, or Everton, or United...
    For spurs possibly but theirs can't be limited to a single factor like arsenal's I.e away to big teams- they lost big home and away. But I'll concede as w'ell just go in circles. Don't see how the other 2 come into it.

We beat all of them on clean sheets anyways which is the only objective barometer that can be used if we conclude that they all had a few crumble defensively.

But, your point is irrelevant because I'm not ****ting on those defences and it was a point to show that arsenal defence isn't as ubiquitously bad as bacon like to claim......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    For spurs possibly but theirs can't be limited to a single factor like arsenal's I.e away to big teams- they lost big home and away. But I'll concede as w'ell just go in circles. Don't see how the other 2 come into it.

We beat all of them on clean sheets anyways which is the only objective barometer that can be used if we conclude that they all had a few crumble defensively.

But, your point is irrelevant because I'm not ****ting on those defences and it was a point to show that arsenal defence isn't as ubiquitously bad as bacon like to claim......

Posted from TSR Mobile
    United: conceded 43, second best defence conceded 37, so if we take away United's 3 games with most conceded (4,3,3) they have the 2nd best defence in the league.

Everton: conceded 39, only 2 off, take away their 3 worst (again 4,3,3) and they have the 2nd best defence.

The point is that Arsenal had the 4th best defence in the league, you can't apply your logic to only Arsenal.

How is it irrelevant lol, I literally highlighted the part of your post that I was responding to and it's entirely relevant.

ReputationRep:
    United: conceded 43, second best defence conceded 37, so if we take away United's 3 games with most conceded (4,3,3) they have the 2nd best defence in the league.

Everton: conceded 39, only 2 off, take away their 3 worst (again 4,3,3) and they have the 2nd best defence.

The point is that Arsenal had the 4th best defence in the league, you can't apply your logic to only Arsenal.

How is it irrelevant lol, I literally highlighted the part of your post that I was responding to and it's entirely relevant.
    *sign

If you're going to isolate a point and take it out of context of a wider point then that's your prerogative :yy:

The first reply to your point still applies to this.

If you want to see how those away result distorted arsenals defensive record, go and compare each if the teams home and away defensive record- not just overall result but breakdown in terms of clean sheets and how many times a certain number of goals were conceded etc.

If you don't think that those 3 away games were out if sync of arsenal season then GL GG.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol people still using the Arsenal have a good defence point and trying to take out games where they got battered. Any team who loses by 6 goals regularly away from home vs top teams have a bad defence. Look at Chelsea or City, when was the last time they conceded more than 3 goals in a single game? You have to go back to 2012 for Chelsea, you have to go back to about 2010 or something like that for City conceding 4 goals in a game.

Inb4 Arsenal have the best defence in the prem. That's why Chelsea conceded 0 goals against them last season and the rivals who put 5/6 goals against them in away games Chelsea didn't concede a single goal away from home.

Chelsea are the only team who know how to defend in the prem. It's funny as well as Arsenal talk about their lovely attacking play when they don't even score much more goals than Chelsea either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    *sign

If you're going to isolate a point and take it out of context of a wider point then that's your prerogative :yy:

The first reply to your point still applies to this.

If you want to see how those away result distorted arsenals defensive record, go and compare each if the teams home and away defensive record- not just overall result but breakdown in terms of clean sheets and how many times a certain number of goals were conceded etc.

If you don't think that those 3 away games were out if sync of arsenal season then GL GG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sign, what?

I may be focusing on an isolated point out of a wider argument but my point still stands that Arsenal definitely don't have the 2nd best defence, that part of your post was simply wrong.

You can talk about outlying results and whatever, but if a team collapses defensively every time it has a tricky away game then it's not a very good defence.
    So in Arsenal's 3 away games that 'distort their record', they conceded a total of 17 goals. In Tottenham's 3, they conceded 14. Massive difference there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Lol people still using the Arsenal have a good defence point and trying to take out games where they got battered. Any team who loses by 6 goals regularly away from home vs top teams have a bad defence. Look at Chelsea or City, when was the last time they conceded more than 3 goals in a single game? You have to go back to 2012 for Chelsea, you have to go back to about 2010 or something like that for City conceding 4 goals in a game.

Inb4 Arsenal have the best defence in the prem. That's why Chelsea conceded 0 goals against them last season and the rivals who put 5/6 goals against them in away games Chelsea didn't concede a single goal away from home.

Chelsea are the only team who know how to defend in the prem. It's funny as well as Arsenal talk about their lovely attacking play when they don't even score much more goals than Chelsea either...
    It was this that was wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Read the post again.

Funnily enough Atlético were also the last team to beat us by more than 3 goals, they like to embarrass us ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Read the post again.

Funnily enough Atlético were also the last team to beat us by more than 3 goals, they like to embarrass us ffs.
    See edit. I posted in wrong place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So in Arsenal's 3 away games that 'distort their record', they conceded a total of 17 goals. In Tottenham's 3, they conceded 14. Massive difference there.
    Also Arsenal conceded away to United at OT. If that isn't embarrassing enough to show Arsenals poor defensive away record then I don't know what is.

Bar in mind Sunderland didn't concede against them, same with the whole of the top 5 bar Arsenal. Spurs also conceded a goal vs them. :lol:

City have the second best defence and personally they get no protection whatsoever from their midfield and play a very attacking style compared to Arsenal so they can be excused.

ReputationRep:
    I'm at work now but I'll get more examples tomorrow
    Conceded 3 goals to Aston Villa at home.
    Conceded 3 goals away at Goodison park to an Everton side who struggles to score goals.
    Personally Everton probably have a better defence than Arsenal, and with all that's been said about United's defence this season they only conceded 2 more goals than Arsenals. That's despite not having a defined first choice backline for majority of the season in comparison to Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    Poor this game. Varane cost the goal. Alonso and Casillas were horrible. Ronaldo was useless and are you actually Serious ? Di maria had probably been Argentinas worst player. 30 times he lost the ball the last game or something?

Messi has saved argentina every single game so far
    Yea, I am. Everytime I watch Argentina Di Maria is the guy who creates a threat up front. All Messi does is have one or two good moments. In 90 (120) minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I love all these basher twisting my point. Like I've said before long may it continue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Yea, I am. Everytime I watch Argentina Di Maria is the guy who creates a threat up front. All Messi does is have one or two good moments. In 90 (120) minutes.
    Messi has been **** this tournament for majority of the game but has provided the important bit of quality at the right time.

Weird guy, funnily enough you'd say he's been taking the game by the scruff of the neck, if Argentina win the WC argument for Messi will have no substance.

ReputationRep:
    Sign, what?

I may be focusing on an isolated point out of a wider argument but my point still stands that Arsenal definitely don't have the 2nd best defence, that part of your post was simply wrong.

You can talk about outlying results and whatever, but if a team collapses defensively every time it has a tricky away game then it's not a very good defence.
    Yes when they conceded a whole 10 more goals in total it is. To take away our 17 and take away their 14, that makes it a 13 goal difference in GA conceded between the 2. If that isn't massive difference.......

Like I've said, the only other objective way of comparing is clean sheets and it isn't even comparable between the 2. But ignore.

Taken those 3 games away. Arsenal conceded 2 or more goals a total of 4 games.

Where is this ubiquitous terrible defense?

And that's with arteta providing that there impeccable shield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.