Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone know if genetics is a popular course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JB384893)
    Which course are you going for?
    English

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah right nice, best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Anyone born in '95 applying?
    And who is applying for psychology?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for Human Geography and The Environment today! I got an e-mail and not conditions, I'm so relieved/happy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for environmental geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underc0verEmily)
    I'm applying for environmental geography
    Wooo, another geography applicant on here! Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwf13)
    I got an offer for Human Geography and The Environment today! I got an e-mail and not conditions, I'm so relieved/happy!
    I'm applying for that as well this is making me anxious since there are only 20 places and someones already got an offer.

(Original post by kingdoo)
      I'm applying for that as well this is making me anxious since there are only 20 places and someones already got an offer.
      They will make more than 20 offers though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

(Original post by [email protected])

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Yeah, don't worry, they'll make more offers than places and there are two courses (BA and MEnv), so there's less competition. Where have you read there are only 20 offers, I couldn't find any of that info?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jwf13)
      Yeah, don't worry, they'll make more offers than places and there are two courses (BA and MEnv), so there's less competition. Where have you read there are only 20 offers, I couldn't find any of that info?
      Got told on the open evening that the human geography and the environment course will only have 20 spaces being a new course for 2015 (first time they will be doing it) I think the MEnv do the same stuff for the first year so I don't know whether they will give the places accordingly?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Yeah but compared to most courses where there are 100+ places the competition is going to be really high especially since it seemed really popular on the open day.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by katharinakri)
      Anyone born in '95 applying?
      And who is applying for psychology?
      I was born in '95! I'm applying for Politics though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Got told on the open evening that the human geography and the environment course will only have 20 spaces being a new course for 2015 (first time they will be doing it) I think the MEnv do the same stuff for the first year so I don't know whether they will give the places accordingly?
      I wouldn't worry, honestly, the government has placed no cap on places this year so the universities can be flexible- if they want to give you an offer, they will. Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jwf13)
      Wooo, another geography applicant on here! Where else are you applying?
      I think Durham, St. Andrews, Exeter and Royal Holloway! How about you?

ReputationRep:
      I am applying for English and actually got an offer on Friday. Looks like this might be where I am going!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by grx_)
      I was born in '95! I'm applying for Politics though

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Oh good! I am really worried that I am going to be the only one. Taking a "gap year" / starting Law in Norway, so I haven't decided where I end up yet

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jwf13)
      I wouldn't worry, honestly, the government has placed no cap on places this year so the universities can be flexible- if they want to give you an offer, they will. Where else are you applying?
      Southampton, UEA Leicester and Swansea. All for BA geography with the exception of York and UEA which is geography and international development. I want to go to York or Leicester.

Hoping to get ABB. I retook AS so now have ABBBBCE, predicted ABB in psychology, geography and economics and going to try and get my teacher to predict me an A in geography as I was only 7 ums off an A which was 3 in one exam and 4 in another.

What about you?

Southampton, UEA Leicester and Swansea. All for BA geography with the exception of York and UEA which is geography and international development. I want to go to York or Leicester.

Hoping to get ABB. I retook AS so now have ABBBBCE, predicted ABB in psychology, geography and economics and going to try and get my teacher to predict me an A in geography as I was only 7 ums off an A which was 3 in one exam and 4 in another.

What about you?
        Why did you do 7 AS levels why ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Why did you do 7 AS levels why ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
        No first year I got BBCE in History, General studies, Geography and psychology.

This year I got ABB in psychology, economics and geography. Since I have to declare all my grades I have ABBBBCE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.