The Student Room Group

University 2015 Entry Maths Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joe12345marc
So you're basically guarenteed oxbridge then xD Have free school lunches? If so then all you gotta do is turn up to the interview and you're in xD

not really. na not that bad. i come from decent family and my school isnt that bad. everyone has to impress at interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
not really. na not that bad. i come from decent family and my school isnt that bad. everyone has to impress at interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People always say it's easier to get to the interview and get an offer because STEP takes out most people. Doesn't sound right to me, know anything about it?
Hi everyone,

Just wondering how quick UCL have been to make offers for maths? Applied mid-October and haven't heard anything yet except for the general emails. Also has anyone received an invitation for a Cambridge interview? Applied to King's College and maths applicants haven't heard anything yet.

People always say it's easier to get to the interview and get an offer because STEP takes out most people. Doesn't sound right to me, know anything about it?

its not easier. more people get offers and they let step decide. but if they think your not good enough they wont give an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IndianJones
Hi everyone,

Just wondering how quick UCL have been to make offers for maths? Applied mid-October and haven't heard anything yet except for the general emails. Also has anyone received an invitation for a Cambridge interview? Applied to King's College and maths applicants haven't heard anything yet.

I recieved an offer from ucl 3 few weeks back and i applied 14th of october. i got an invitation for interview at fitz last week! good luck im sure you will get an offer from ucl !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recieved an offer from ucl 3 few weeks back and i applied 14th of october. i got an invitation for interview at fitz last week! good luck im sure you will get an offer from ucl !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers mate. Had 3 offers so far from Bath, Bristol and Warwick so only those two left! Not too confident on Cambridge though as i cocked up on an exam :frown: What offers have you had so far then? What grades have UCL asked for?
Original post by IndianJones
Cheers mate. Had 3 offers so far from Bath, Bristol and Warwick so only those two left! Not too confident on Cambridge though as i cocked up on an exam :frown: What offers have you had so far then? What grades have UCL asked for?

ucl asked for A*A*A or A*AA with step or aea. ive got ucl warwick and kings college london. waiting for imperial or cambridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Appling for Exeter and St Andrews...mathematics
AS- math(A) biology(A) pe(C)
predicted A*AA

DO I DESREVE AN OFFER??? AAA/A*AB/AAB????
Original post by Solid221
Appling for Exeter and St Andrews...mathematics
AS- math(A) biology(A) pe(C)
predicted A*AA

DO I DESREVE AN OFFER??? AAA/A*AB/AAB????

would you get one... yes probably. do u deserve one? only u can answer that one mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS: Maths(A), Further Maths(A), Economics(C)

Predicted: ABB for some stupid reason

I believe I can get A*A*B

Do you think any university's will make an offer with the retarded predicted grades I got. Any chance they'll look at my A in fm and not Predicted B?
Reply 170
Original post by apple cakes
AS: Maths(A), Further Maths(A), Economics(C)

Predicted: ABB for some stupid reason

I believe I can get A*A*B

Do you think any university's will make an offer with the retarded predicted grades I got. Any chance they'll look at my A in fm and not Predicted B?

Get them change it and you'll still get offers.
Just got an interview at Cambridge (Pembroke) today!! :O
Original post by Jessb_3125
Just got an interview at Cambridge (Pembroke) today!! :O

Oh wow nice! Congrats! Tell us about your AS results and extra stuff :P

Just stalk her tsr account and you can find that out :wink: (Sorry for Stalking Jess :colone:)
(edited 9 years ago)

Original post by apple cakes
Just stalk her tsr account and you can find that out :wink: (Sorry for Stalking Jess :colone:)

Hahaha you guys can stalk my account that's fine (that's what I would do) :biggrin:
I also Just got a Durham offer for anyone who's interested! :biggrin:
I also Just got a Durham offer for anyone who's interested! :biggrin:

Nice! Your on a roll.
Which other universities have you applied to and how many have made offers?
uni: cambridge
colleges: fitzwilliam or kings ?!!?
gcse's : 5A*'s 8A's
as: maths , further maths, further additional maths , physics and chem ( sitting all fp modules and all mechanics modules also)
predicted as:AAAAA
A2: A*A*A*A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

could you please tell me how u study your further additional maths please?I plan to learn it myself as our teachers cannot offer me help with that
Hahaha you guys can stalk my account that's fine (that's what I would do) :biggrin:

You told me to and I did... 100% in Maths and FM?? Is that UMS (so therefore you were allowed to make a couple mistakes?) or actually 100%?
Original post by yuqiwang
could you please tell me how u study your further additional maths please?I plan to learn it myself as our teachers cannot offer me help with that

well my actual AS were AAAD and im doin AS further additional maths this year so yh. just learn off the book and do all the questions normally really, make a bit of notes but mainly its just practice and understanding really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest