Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gamsat_resources)
    You're free to think however you like, like I've said before, I felt it helped me, the books are sitting in my room not being put to any use

I am not telling people it will work for them and to definitely get it, if they are already interested in the book then they can get it contact

I also help with CV reading and questions for interviews - I understand how difficult it can be so if I can help anyone in anyway, I would be glad to.
    I just object to the cost of a very simple, very one-sided book that talks down to you, *and* doesn't simplify things.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Princeton-Re...&keywords=mcat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaplan-MCAT-...ds=kaplan+mcat

These are horribly expensive but so much more use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
    I just object to the cost of a very simple, very one-sided book that talks down to you, *and* doesn't simplify things.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Princeton-Re...&keywords=mcat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kaplan-MCAT-...ds=kaplan+mcat

These are horribly expensive but so much more use.
    Like I said, for me, it worked of course it might not for others but if someone is already interested and wanted it for cheaper id be happy to help

I am not endorsing the product or saying it will definitely get you in - for me, they style they used helped

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how likely it is to be screened out after the work experience form? I felt like I had enough work experience at the time of filling it out, but now I am starting to doubt myself! I'm also a bit concerned because I had a few technical issues with the pages clearing themselves so I'm worried it won't all be on there like I typed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kateamelia)
    Does anyone know how likely it is to be screened out after the work experience form? I felt like I had enough work experience at the time of filling it out, but now I am starting to doubt myself! I'm also a bit concerned because I had a few technical issues with the pages clearing themselves so I'm worried it won't all be on there like I typed it.
    I wouldn't worry about it now, the forms are in and not much else can be done about it. If you're concerned whether they received the forms or not, might be worth emailing Sarb about it.

Try being rejected just after the work experience forms were handed in. Then calling up and insisting I shouldn't have been rejected, I eventually managed to persuade them (It was a simple admin error really!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I wouldn't worry about it now, the forms are in and not much else can be done about it. If you're concerned whether they received the forms or not, might be worth emailing Sarb about it.

Try being rejected just after the work experience forms were handed in. Then calling up and insisting I shouldn't have been rejected, I eventually managed to persuade them (It was a simple admin error really!)
    Yeah that's a good point, all I can do is sit and sweat it out. Should really be preparing for my SGUL interview and writing my dissertation instead. That's a pretty horrible error! My heart would skip a beat!

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure about how likely it is to be screened out. However, one would imagine they would be unlikely to screen someone who has made a reasonable effort to gain healthcare experience ... as what you have gained is always subjective and cannot be quantified by the years you've spent doing it. Hope that provides some reassurance while we wait.

As for the form, I would have recommended at the time contacting them to make sure all the data had been submitted. After all, they would surely be understanding if you had experienced technical issues. Whether that window of opportunity has passed now I am not sure. Perhaps it is still worth emailing them?

I am sure it would have been fine though. Don't get cold feet!! We are bound to hear back in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's a good point, all I can do is sit and sweat it out. Should really be preparing for my SGUL interview and writing my dissertation instead. That's a pretty horrible error! My heart would skip a beat!
    Sweat it out, perhaps not exactly what I'd meant

Realised today my SGUL interview is in under 2 weeks... I haven't even finished the ISC book yet :/

It skipped more than just a beat, I'd just finished a night shift and got an update from UCAS Track. I thought I was dreaming for a moment. They were very good about it when I did call though, I do like Notts for that reason; the staff seem rather nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)

Realised today my SGUL interview is in under 2 weeks... I haven't even finished the ISC book yet :/

It skipped more than just a beat, I'd just finished a night shift and got an update from UCAS Track. I thought I was dreaming for a moment. They were very good about it when I did call though, I do like Notts for that reason; the staff seem rather nice.
    SGUL for me on Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiloMilo)
    SGUL for me on Thursday
    PM me a transcript of your interview, I will accept one minus your responses

P.S. Best of luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiloMilo)
    SGUL for me on Thursday

(Original post by Zorg)

Mine isn't until the 22nd! (Just as well seeing as my dissertation is due the day before...). Good luck to both of you! I reckon one week is enough to prepare - after all you don't want to sound like a robot with a pre-prepared speech.

ReputationRep:
    Any idea when Notts should get back to us about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Any idea when Notts should get back to us about interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I believe Febuary had been mentioned somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told early this week. The information came from Sarb so fingers crossed it will be soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    I've been told early this week. The information came from Sarb so fingers crossed it will be soon.
    Oh wow, that would be good to know! Though Wednesday is firmly middle of the week... Just saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Oh wow, that would be good to know! Though Wednesday is firmly middle of the week... Just saying.
    Think they are doing it by snail mail for some stupid reason

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no. The wind took out my mailbox and it's not been fixed yet. Argh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah ok, doesn't matter. A small part of me likes the idea of opening a letter to divine my future.

ReputationRep:
    Hello does anyone have any information about the nots interviews? ive seen people on past years forums saying about scores in each section, is this for each station of the MMI or different areas they are looking at?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had interview dates yet? Desperately need to book the interview off this week at the latest or I won't be able to get the day off work. Hoping someone may have had a letter.

ReputationRep:
    Not had anything yet... not as desperate a situation for me but I could do with knowing so I can book a holiday! Saw your post before... Sarb said it would be by post early this week?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.