Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As a Muslim my self i would suggest talking to an imam at a local mosque and relay your concerns to him. While i would advice you not to leave ISLAM as to me it is the one true religion and should not be walked away from but having said that the decision is yours and if you truly want to close that chapter of your life then that is your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donald Duck)
    But those are just things asoociated with the religion. That shouldn't affect your belief on if it is true, right?
    True, it shouldn't affect my belief but I guess. I associate the religion with the belief in God. I feel if I was to leave the religion or join a different religion I may not experience the same thing. Yes I understand this sounds pretty stupid.

(Original post by shahbaz)
    Yeah but when I thought of it, there seems no harm, Islam teaches sound principles such as not using drugs alcohol and respecting parent ect. These basic principle prevent people from developing addictions allow you to practise self control even Ramadan for example.

Also when thinking about God m reasoning goes like this, you can’t disprove god and therefore it can’t be wrong until proven so no harm in believing in such.
    Yeah but don't you feel you're living a lie, like following the principles of something you don't truly believe. Yes there's no harm but you do to some extent have to live a restricted life.

Well that's how I feel anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    True, it shouldn't affect my belief but I guess. I associate the religion with the belief in God. I feel if I was to leave the religion or join a different religion I may not experience the same thing. Yes I understand this sounds pretty stupid.

Yeah but don't you feel you're living a lie, like following the principles of something you don't truly believe. Yes there's no harm but you do to some extent have to live a restricted life.

Well that's how I feel anyway.
    It would be but you dont have to follow it strictly, the main thing that annoys me though is when all religous people discredit science and say its wrong and religion offers all the answers like life is figured out ect. Not knowing without the scientific endevour we would still be living in caves.

ReputationRep:
    It would be but you dont have to follow it strictly, the main thing that annoys me though is when all religous people discredit science and say its wrong and religion offers all the answers like life is figured out ect. Not knowing without the scientific endevour we would still be living in caves.
    Yeah. I suppose you have a point. That also annoys me or when a religious preacher who has no scientific backgrounds discredits something scientific without understanding it properly, or twisting the science to make it easy to discredit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Yeah. I suppose you have a point. That also annoys me or when a religious preacher who has no scientific backgrounds discredits something scientific without understanding it properly, or twisting the science to make it easy to discredit.
    It happens all too often now days, there was a time when the muslim world were great advocates for science and mathmatics and actually laid the foundations for much of what we know today.

Maybe thats why many of the muslims country are in their current state.

Also how many muslims feel asif they do not need to understand science
    (the world around us) as everything is given in the quran it does lead to a kind of ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    Is moar pussy a factor

ReputationRep:
    It happens all too often now days, there was a time when the muslim world were great advocates for science and mathmatics and actually laid the foundations for much of what we know today.

Maybe thats why many of the muslims country are in their current state.

Also how many muslims feel asif they do not need to understand science
    (the world around us) as everything is given in the quran it does lead to a kind of ignorance.
    Yeah there are times where it is evident that they are out of their depth in terms of understanding science but get away with it because the majority of their audience is also scientifically illiterate or nobody wants to question the speaker in front of a large audience. Their charismatic talks also helps them get away with a lot.

(Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Is moar pussy a factor
    No.

ReputationRep:
    i think a lot of forward thinking youngsters are leaving their religions behind.

I think to many we are hearing are religious spokes people to be like our politicians.
    they all promise the same thing. all argue over who they want to vote/follow them.

i think what makes many hold on to their religion is the sense of family, tradition and culture that follows with it. when your family has been born, married, buried under rituals you become sentimental over them.

but really thats what its becoming more.

just a sentimental memory of a place we call home. but when we go there... doesnt feel like home.

I think for those who lack community, direction and discipline religion is great.

but for those who are confident, secure, have direction, have a social peer group and a strong personal sense of right from wrong and how not to be conned? i think we start to notice the spirit pimping that goes on. the levels of control these institutions have. these spokes people on behalf of god. people who feel they have the right to bash their book in the name of justice while doing unjust things in the same books name cause its apparently ok due to this verse or that.

while many people born into islam are moving away from it due to the problems. many westerners are moving into it for all the wrong reasons.

i sympathise with your doubt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    When I said I asked Allah for assistance I did go in a 110%. I went to Tablighi Jamat for 30 days, in between worship I would study. I walked into my exams with 100% faith and conviction in Allah that I would be fine. I was as calm and lax as a cucumber. I failed the exams. This or things close to this has been happening for 5 years now. How can I put my reliance on a God who has failed me repeatedly.
    Have you considered the possibility that Allah (swt) is testing your faith and devotion to him, Islam regularly speaks of this life being a test. If Allah is, to quote yourself "dealing you **** cards" in life, then maybe it is his plan to reward you in the afterlife. The fact that you're still practising Islam is already a good sign, and I truly believe that theres nothing wrong with asking questions, but it may be better to ask a Sheikh, or watch the video's another person suggested.

You don't have to believe or accept my theory, my only advice would be to have faith that you are part of Allah's plan. Don't hesitate to try and get the answers you're looking for from anyone. May Allah be with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serene19)
    Have you considered the possibility that Allah (swt) is testing your faith and devotion to him, Islam regularly speaks of this life being a test. If Allah is, to quote yourself "dealing you **** cards" in life, then maybe it is his plan to reward you in the afterlife. The fact that you're still practising Islam is already a good sign, and I truly believe that theres nothing wrong with asking questions, but it may be better to ask a Sheikh, or watch the video's another person suggested.

You don't have to believe or accept my theory, my only advice would be to have faith that you are part of Allah's plan. Don't hesitate to try and get the answers you're looking for from anyone. May Allah be with you.
    There is that possibility or the possibility, there is no God. And I'm just pretty crap at things, which is just as likely. I'm not practicing because I believe though, I'm just doing it for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    There is that possibility or the possibility, there is no God. And I'm just pretty crap at things, which is just as likely. I'm not practicing because I believe though, I'm just doing it for the sake of it.
    Have you tried to reconnect with Islam at all? Also, if you're just doing it for the sake of it, and not belief, why don't you just stop? What's keeping you practicing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serene19)
    Have you tried to reconnect with Islam at all? Also, if you're just doing it for the sake of it, and not belief, why don't you just stop? What's keeping you practicing?
    I don't think I was ever connected. I'm not a 100% sure I don't believe yes I'm tilted towards that side but there is always that possibility of what if?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    I don't think I was ever connected. I'm not a 100% sure I don't believe yes I'm tilted towards that side but there is always that possibility of what if?
    Yeah, I understand. As I said before, there's nothing wrong with questions - try and look for the answers... It could help you understand a lot more about your life as you said your family are all muslims, and connect with Islam, if thats what you want.
    Check out muslim scholars and talk to imams, they could give you answers for your questions.

Whatever you decide in the future is up to you, but know that, if you want to, you can always find a way to get closer to Islam and Allah.

Hope you figure everything out

ReputationRep:
    Need help contact me, I am done with Islam.
    I was exactly the same as you(no gf and not that much quran learnt) and science led me away.
    A nice finisher is this hadith
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam in his complete shape and form (directly), sixty cubits (about 30 meters) in height. When He created him, He said (to him), "Go and greet that group of angels sitting there, and listen what they will say in reply to you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your offspring." Adam (went and) said, 'As-Salamu alaikum (Peace be upon you).' They replied, 'AsSalamu-'Alaika wa Rahmatullah (Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you) So they increased 'Wa Rahmatullah' The Prophet added 'So whoever will enter Paradise, will be of the shape and form of Adam. Since then the creation of Adam's (offspring) (i.e. stature of human beings is being diminished continuously) to the present time."Sahih Bukhari 8:74:246

Ofcourse anyone with a single brain cell knows humans weren't 30 meters high lol.

ReputationRep:
    Does red go with black or blue? Doing ma makeup cahh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What advice would you give to other muslims in the same position as you?

ReputationRep:
    Are you ever curious about what pork tastes like?

ReputationRep:
    somebody say pork?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    No problem. Just little things here and there, evolution seems pretty strong explanations for our origins, the religions stance on things such as gays and apostates, the double standards of religious people (well Muslims that I know, not just normal muslims but people such as Imams I know). The fact that I'm always unlucky and fate seems to hand me **** cards all the time despite me being as strong Muslims as I can be, praying regularly abstaining from that which is forbidden or frowned upon, and some more things that don't spring to mind at the moment but will add later when they do.

I'm not an apostate. I said I'm questioning my faith, as someone also said before.
    You have memorized the Quran so you know more then me. Being gay in Islam is wrong because it's not natural to be gay, if you think it isn't then why are there no scientific proof.

This is just the a start of fitna, the days when Dajjal will come that will be hardest time of fitna. Why are worrying about imams? There not gonna come to your grave and your not gonna go to their grave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxiictests)
    Need help contact me, I am done with Islam.
    I was exactly the same as you(no gf and not that much quran learnt) and science led me away.
    A nice finisher is this hadith
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam in his complete shape and form (directly), sixty cubits (about 30 meters) in height. When He created him, He said (to him), "Go and greet that group of angels sitting there, and listen what they will say in reply to you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your offspring." Adam (went and) said, 'As-Salamu alaikum (Peace be upon you).' They replied, 'AsSalamu-'Alaika wa Rahmatullah (Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you) So they increased 'Wa Rahmatullah' The Prophet added 'So whoever will enter Paradise, will be of the shape and form of Adam. Since then the creation of Adam's (offspring) (i.e. stature of human beings is being diminished continuously) to the present time."Sahih Bukhari 8:74:246

Ofcourse anyone with a single brain cell knows humans weren't 30 meters high lol.
    well done op, You can imagine life more than 5000 years ago.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.