Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys. I from Ireland and I only decided to apply to colleges for veterinary nursing in England a few days ago so I am rushing to finish the application for the deadline :eek: and the ucas system is completely different to the Irish system.
    So I have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind answering I would really appreciate it. I have just read this whole thread and I am seeing that people have got offers already and I am just wondering how this works. Here in Ireland a few offers come out in july while the rest come out in august and that's it. How have people got offers already when the deadline date for the application is the 15th of this month or does it work kind of like first come first served sort of basis? So people that have got their offers is already are them offers concrete or will they depend on final exam results etc? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdillon95)
    Hi guys. I from Ireland and I only decided to apply to colleges for veterinary nursing in England a few days ago so I am rushing to finish the application for the deadline :eek: and the ucas system is completely different to the Irish system.
    So I have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind answering I would really appreciate it. I have just read this whole thread and I am seeing that people have got offers already and I am just wondering how this works. Here in Ireland a few offers come out in july while the rest come out in august and that's it. How have people got offers already when the deadline date for the application is the 15th of this month or does it work kind of like first come first served sort of basis? So people that have got their offers is already are them offers concrete or will they depend on final exam results etc? Thanks and good luck to everyone!
    Hey! The deadline is the 15th but most colleges and Universities will give out interviews and offers before then, but still after so don't worry! Offers are made conditionally, so they'll be made concrete if you get the needed grades to go to that college or Uni! But, you get 5 choices (so you can apply to 5 different intitutions) and once you get offers, you can put one as your firm (if you get the grades, you'll go there) and one as your insurance (if you don't meet the entry requirements of your firm choice, but you do your insurance choice, you'll go there!) and the other 3 are declined! Some places may make offers provided you get the grades AND you do some more work experience! You do all of this through UCAS you'll attend interviews before offers are made, and some places (such as Harper Adams and RVC) will ask you to complete questionnaires initially before they invite to interviews.

I hope that helped and wasn't confusing!! Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abby_W31)
    Has anyone heard for Harper Adams after sending back their work exp form? I sent mine back two weeks after I got the email and haven't heard anything!
    I sent my form back two days after receiving email in December but still waiting to hear too although it's for vet physio course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I hope you're all fine and dandy! :P
    I'm heading down to London today for the RVC interview I was just wondering who I'll be seeing there?
    I'm feeling nervous but equally excited because it's my first interview!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just to clarify I'm heading down today so I'll be there in time for tomorrow😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going down today too good luck! It'll be a breeze don't worry

ReputationRep:
    I have an RVC interview tomorrow too. I have already done one interview and it was very relaxed so hopefully tomorrow will be the same. Also what are you thinking of wearing, I don't want to turn up in jeans and see everyone else in formal stuff!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I've got an interview for RVC tomorrow too I'd also like to know what people have been wearing to interviews?! smart/casualwear?

ReputationRep:
    How did the RVC interviews go?

ReputationRep:
    I have a veterinary nursing interview tomorrow at Middlesex... somebody please explain to me fully what this involves, the group discussion and such? I'm really worried and have a rather large fear of the unknown so im worried I'm going to end up having a panic attack on the train beforehand...
    Also anything I need to prepre myself with? Like, research?
    Please reply ASAP? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)
    How did the RVC interviews go?
    For me, bad. I was terrible during the MMI, 5 minutes is not enough at each station! I felt like they were asking us some things that they're meant to teach us on the course, not that we should already know. And I didn't really get chance to sell myself properly, you know show your enthusiasm etc. The group discussion was a little better though. Anyone think the MMI was difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheen)
    For me, bad. I was terrible during the MMI, 5 minutes is not enough at each station! I felt like they were asking us some things that they're meant to teach us on the course, not that we should already know. And I didn't really get chance to sell myself properly, you know show your enthusiasm etc. The group discussion was a little better though. Anyone think the MMI was difficult?
    I had one last year for VetMed and felt similar, especially for the maths station. Although I though 2-3 out of 5 went well, but apparently they were 'average' :bawling:
    I was just wondering if it's exactly the same.
    There was one on maths, one on work exp, ethics, anatomy and animals in context or something

ReputationRep:
    I had one last year for VetMed and felt similar, especially for the maths station. Although I though 2-3 out of 5 went well, but apparently they were 'average' :bawling:
    I was just wondering if it's exactly the same.
    There was one on maths, one on work exp, ethics, anatomy and animals in context or something
    We had six: ethics/welfare, pharmacy & dispensing, nursing care, communication, prioritisation, and work experience.
    I struggled with the pharmacy & dispensing and made up everything. Maths is certainly not my strong point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheen)
    We had six: ethics/welfare, pharmacy & dispensing, nursing care, communication, prioritisation, and work experience.
    I struggled with the pharmacy & dispensing and made up everything. Maths is certainly not my strong point.
    Ooh yeh there was a prioritisation one as well! Im fine with straight maths under pressure, but those calculated I just panicked with what came under nursing care?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeh there was a prioritisation one as well! Im fine with straight maths under pressure, but those calculated I just panicked with what came under nursing care?
    What it says on the tin really :P I don't want to reveal too much in case they reuse all the questions etc. for more interviews. I was okay with that one though, managed to impress my interviewer using some technical vocab hehe.

ReputationRep:
    In regards to the RVC interview yesterday, I definitely agree about 5 minutes being very short for each station! It felt very pressurizing in my opinion, especially at stations where there are scenarios to read before you can even begin on completing the task/giving a response.
    With the group discussion, it was definitely far more relaxed, although I was slightly wondering what the 'examiners' were really looking out for as we were left to get on with the task without any input. -initiative I suppose..

So I now also have a Middlesex interview tomorrow, which I've read to be much more relaxed and informal; I hope that's the case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EEMGEE)
    In regards to the RVC interview yesterday, I definitely agree about 5 minutes being very short for each station! It felt very pressurizing in my opinion, especially at stations where there are scenarios to read before you can even begin on completing the task/giving a response.
    With the group discussion, it was definitely far more relaxed, although I was slightly wondering what the 'examiners' were really looking out for as we were left to get on with the task without any input. -initiative I suppose..

So I now also have a Middlesex interview tomorrow, which I've read to be much more relaxed and informal; I hope that's the case!
    Ooo, could you let me know how that goes please! That's the only other place I've applied too Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got an interview tomorrow at Middlesex for Vet nursing, my first interview and I am terrified. I don't feel at all prepared. I know what to expect but it doesn't stop me panicking, the group discussion really scares me- I'm not good around strangers or strange places I basically start panicking, and then the writing task I can't stop thinking about all the things that could go wrong.
    Any tips or help would be much appreciated, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth16x)
    Hey! The deadline is the 15th but most colleges and Universities will give out interviews and offers before then, but still after so don't worry! Offers are made conditionally, so they'll be made concrete if you get the needed grades to go to that college or Uni! But, you get 5 choices (so you can apply to 5 different intitutions) and once you get offers, you can put one as your firm (if you get the grades, you'll go there) and one as your insurance (if you don't meet the entry requirements of your firm choice, but you do your insurance choice, you'll go there!) and the other 3 are declined! Some places may make offers provided you get the grades AND you do some more work experience! You do all of this through UCAS you'll attend interviews before offers are made, and some places (such as Harper Adams and RVC) will ask you to complete questionnaires initially before they invite to interviews.

I hope that helped and wasn't confusing!! Good luck xx
    Oh that's brilliant thanks so much for explaining that to me! Thanks again good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.