Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do meet girls in your 20s? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pshah2)
    Say you're an outgoing fun loving person.. but a little shy on first contact and especially in noisy clubs when it comes to talking to girls.. how do you meet lovely (attractive and great personality) girls when you are in your 20s?
    Hi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Say you're an outgoing fun loving person.. but a little shy on first contact and especially in noisy clubs when it comes to talking to girls.. how do you meet lovely (attractive and great personality) girls when you are in your 20s?
    So many ways it's unbelievable!:

- Sports/Fitness Clubs
    - General Interest Groups and Societies
    - Voluntary Work
    - Dating agency
    - Speed dating
    - Ask friends if they know anybody they can hook you up with

ReputationRep:
    Haha

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So many ways it's unbelievable!:

- Sports/Fitness Clubs Aren't most clubs male or female, not both? And if a guy approached you in a gym, would you talk to them? As a girl, I think guys who hit on girls in the gym just shows that they are going there to hit on people.
    - General Interest Groups and Societies
    Such as?
    - Voluntary Work Again, if someone genuinely has the time to do this and genuinely is doing it for charitable purposes and hits it off with someone great. But if they are going just to hit on someone, that doesn't come off very well.
    - Dating agency
    But what about the old fashioned, meet face to face way?
    - Speed dating
    Agreed. So how do we sign up for this? Although is there a more traditional route?
    - Ask friends if they know anybody they can hook you up with
    Can you do this though? If you asked your friends to do so, it can get complicated. What if they just pick some terrible person (this has happened to me). What if they pick a guy/girl who you don't like? Does it come off as desperate? Should friends not already think about such things without having to ask? Also don't you have to meet friends in your 20s (post graduation) at work to be able to ask in the first place?!

ReputationRep:
    comicon.

(Original post by noobynoo)
    comicon.
    THIS IS SO TRUE.

I've rarely met lovely and attractive people in London. But at Comicon, boom everywhere you walk, there are at least one or two people you can actually talk to!

ReputationRep:
    Haha
    No seriously, let's talk homes
    And everyone else that wants to make friends, message me, y'all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's bloody easy! And if you're like me... you more than likely come across people all the time but are such a witless and clueless idiot that everything social goes over your head. (I am said idiot!!)

Where do you usually come across people?

Online? TSR? Tinder? Facebook? Twitter? I've made many a friendship (of differing levels) across social media. Some I've met down the road in London? Some I've met further afield in Reading or even Leicester!

In person? Friends? Going out? Pub? Bar? Club? Bus Stop?.... making small talk etc? Events?

There's loads of places to meet people...women especially.

And don't go in all expectant as you'll ruin your flow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Jon)
    It's bloody easy! And if you're like me... you more than likely come across people all the time but are such a witless and clueless idiot that everything social goes over your head. (I am said idiot!!)

Where do you usually come across people?

Online? TSR? Tinder? Facebook? Twitter? I've made many a friendship (of differing levels) across social media. Some I've met down the road in London? Some I've met further afield in Reading or even Leicester!

In person? Friends? Going out? Pub? Bar? Club? Bus Stop?.... making small talk etc? Events?

There's loads of places to meet people...women especially.

And don't go in all expectant as you'll ruin your flow.
    Agreed but how do you make friends with strangers when you're in normal work life at a bar, etc. At freshers week there is an unwritten agenda to the week of meeting people..

Sorry, I'm just really shy! What to do and say? Also how do you meet girls?!

ReputationRep:
    Agreed but how do you make friends with strangers when you're in normal work life at a bar, etc. At freshers week there is an unwritten agenda to the week of meeting people..

Sorry, I'm just really shy! What to do and say? Also how do you meet girls?!
    No set protocol. Just talk!

Complement her on something if something warrants it.

If the situation is alright to do so...ask her name.

failing that just make small talk. "S'cuse me when is the bus x coming?" "What is this time?" "Crap this weather is hot isn't it?" Anything reasonable/appropriate mate.

And don't worry about shyness. It hits us all the time!

ReputationRep:
    and the rest TSR is history.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.