Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggie7)
    Yeah I calculated mine and I got 49/55....
    but its that 580 in VR that is making me doubt whether to apply, seeing
    as candidates with 730 were rejected possibly because of poor performance in a subtest or two..
    They definitely didn't mention that in the open day. If you get through the first points cutoff and don't get an interview, I think the reason for rejection would be that PS wasn't scored highly enough rather than a subtest score. 49 is really good, well done

ReputationRep:
    I've just found out that they don't count one of the GCSEs I got an A* in (it was iGCSE further maths) 😡, so I have a score of 44/55 instead of 45. Do you think it's not worth applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really love Nottingham. But my UKCAT score is only 697. I will get full score i.e 16 for my GCSE
    I am not quite sure what do they mean by 71% weighting on UKCAT. Some concerns regarding the heavy weighting.

Can someone explain about the 71% please? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucky111)
    I really love Nottingham. But my UKCAT score is only 697. I will get full score i.e 16 for my GCSE
    I am not quite sure what do they mean by 71% weighting on UKCAT. Some concerns regarding the heavy weighting.

Can someone explain about the 71% please? Thanks in advance
    Basically, you add up your points using the info in this thread (a couple of posts previous to this one ). The fact that the 4 UKCAT subsections are each worth up to 9 points (plus a potential 3 for SJT), whereas your GCSE score is only worth a max of 16, means that the weighting is 71% UKCAT - 29% GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joolsm)
    Basically, you add up your points using the info in this thread (a couple of posts previous to this one ). The fact that the 4 UKCAT subsections are each worth up to 9 points (plus a potential 3 for SJT), whereas your GCSE score is only worth a max of 16, means that the weighting is 71% UKCAT - 29% GCSE.
    Thank you for explaining and I got it now.
    Can you guess the cut off i.e out of 55 for this year applicant?
    Do you think UKCAT 697 is risky for applying Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    No you can't guess, as it is the first year of this system.
    Your UKCAT points depend on your score in the subsections rather than your overall average of 697. If your 697 includes 3 subsections which are over 700 and then one 600+, that would give you 3 more points than if you'd scored all 4 at 697.
    Annoyingly, I got 690 in two sections, which gains the same number of points as if I'd scored 601.

ReputationRep:
    I noticed that as well.
    Say getting a score in a subsection 601 will be the same as getting 700 i.e 7points.
    I have UKCAT 697 and my friend has 655 but we end up having the same score of 29.
    As you said, quite annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys!

I am thinking of applying to Nottingham, but I don't want to apply if it will just be a wasted application. I know there is no way to know for sure, but realistically, what do you think about my chances. I calculated my score and I think it is 46/55 (which seems quite low to me?).

6.5 A*s and 4As at GCSE

UKCAT average 688 and band 1

A*AAc at A level (but dyslexia only diagnosed after AS levels)

And (I think!) a decent PS

Any advice is much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of applying here and I have got a score of 49/55. Is this good enough to secure an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkgorilla)
    I am thinking of applying here and I have got a score of 49/55. Is this good enough to secure an interview?
    Probably yes!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to the Nottingham and Medicine connect/stalking pages- if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys and gals what are the chances of interview with a ukcat of 715, sit adj 1. the academics are:

9 GCSE's A* 1 A, AS 4 A's Biol Chem Maths & Hist, A2 predicted A*A*A*.

Appreciate your help and advice

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mister K)
    Hi guys and gals what are the chances of interview with a ukcat of 715, sit adj 1. the academics are:

Many thanks
    You'll have no problem at all with those stats mate

ReputationRep:

Many thanks
    High. Really high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LivJerv)
    Hi Guys!

I am thinking of applying to Nottingham, but I don't want to apply if it will just be a wasted application. I know there is no way to know for sure, but realistically, what do you think about my chances. I calculated my score and I think it is 46/55 (which seems quite low to me?).

6.5 A*s and 4As at GCSE

UKCAT average 688 and band 1

A*AAc at A level (but dyslexia only diagnosed after AS levels)

And (I think!) a decent PS

Any advice is much appreciated!
    Same score as me, despite my 767.5 ukcat :s lets just boss the ps :d

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am risking it with 45 points.
    The theoretical maximum is 55, but to get that score an applicant woukd have to score over 800 in all 4 sections of UKCAT.
    Not many people are getting scores of 800+ this year.
    So in reality, the actual highest score apart from a small number of candidates is likely to be about 52??
    45 is still a long way below that I know...

ReputationRep:
    So what would scores of 650, 670, 680 & 860, average 715 & situational judgement of 1 score out of 55.

Is that score good enough for interview?

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    So what would scores of 650, 670, 680 & 860, average 715 & situational judgement of 1 score out of 55.

Is that score good enough for interview?

Thanks guys
    Your ukcat points score would be 33. Then you need to add your gcse points - top 8 including English, maths, sciences.. If you have 8 A*'s, that's an extra 16 to be added, giving you a potential total of 49.
    That's to take you to PS reading stage, not necessarily interview.

ReputationRep:
    without sounding stupid is 49/55 in your opinion likely to be good enough to get to the reading of the ps and references.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    No idea! It is the first year of these weightings so there's no precedent. 49 is 4 points better than me though! Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.