Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL: Do you get along with your own gender? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you get on with your own gender?
    I am a girl and yes I get on with girls
    26.42%
    I am a girl and no, I prefer boys or mixed groups
    22.26%
    I am a boy and yes I get on with boys
    35.47%
    I am a boy and no, I prefer girls or mixed groups
    15.85%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    I do have a life outside my partner. I wouldn't say being interested in comics, animation, antiques, art, galleries and museums, politics, is boring but each to their own.

I can see your point but I don't think someone is necessarily prejudiced just because they've only met one type of person. They could be. But they could also be truthful!

You have a guy that turns green when he's angry. :facepalm2:
    If you don't go out without your partner then you don't have a social life without him. People who can't go anywhere without their partner make terrible friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bartonhollow)
    I don't know how there are so few girls who get along with girls, I have so many great female friends! I don't understand how some people only know "*****y" girls who just care about stereotypically girly things.. Obviously there are some girls I don't get along with, but for the most part I get along fine with girls
    well this is TSR, if we're honest, there are going to be more girls of certain personality traits than girls of others on here. I doubt the poll represents girls outside the internet forum world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I find guys just come put and say it a lot more rather than being *****y to be honest. I know one guy that's quite catty but that's it out !y straight friends.

Girls ****ing hate me. Whenever I meet a new group of girls one of them will always take it upon them to systematically try and destroy my life. So that's always fun.

Having mainly male friends is a big one - girlfriends hate me. I've had numerous incidents where a friends been cheating on their gf and the gf has had a vendetta against me, about the only ****ing person who hasn't slept with them.

My flatmate hated me because I got on with our male flatmates better than her and didn't pander to her by doing her washing up/ letting her do whatever she wanted and order me around. My housemate in second year hated me for calling out her passive aggressive post it notes and the fact she was a total ***** to one of our other housemates.

I was bulloed very very badly at school because some of the girls were just addicted to drama, they'd find it any way they could. When I didn't go along with their narrative of me being at their beck and call and making other peoples loves miserable they victimised me and ostracised me to the extent no one in the schools would speak to me, culminating in a serious physical attack.

At primary school of was the same, girls didn't like me because I played with the boys and called them out when they were mean to others. At least then I could just punch them though so it was OK, they'd leave me alone, once you get to secondary school that's not OK...

Right I've been bullied by girls too a long time ago now at 13-14 I was also attacked, one of my trusted friends actually texted me to meet up there waiting for me was 5 girls and they beat the **** out of me, I never blamed it on the fact that it was girls I blamed it on the fact that some people are just generally ***** and not nice that was a long time ago and I've chalked it down to experience some people in life aren't nice you can't carry on blaming one gender and calling them all *****y and catty, it's your issue get over the past, stand up for yourself and don't take any **** if a girl is a ***** to you that doesn't make half the human population nasty *****es.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    I'm making a big deal out of how she brands women (except for her guy girls) as dull.

I don't care tbh because I can see why women dislike her. This is just going to confirm what she believes about other women, but she seems to have a complex about other women and believes herself to be better than them. It's shame because I used to enjoy her posts and find her interesting but she's become increasingly annoying recently.
    ye you're pretty much playing into the whole negative stereotype. Since you're saying that *****iness is a positive trait. Which i strongly disagree with. Maybe you're one of the bullies that spread nastiness around making people dislike a certain person. But you don't realise the consequences of your actions.

What exactly does trying to ruin someone's life involve? Cause I'm imagining a Cruel Intentions type scenario but maybe life ruining is less than that...

Talking to them in a civilized manner is usually the best course of action but these "tell it how it is" people are usually way to blunt and are only doing it for their benefit. It can cause a lot more trouble.
    Bullying, spreading rumours, making everyone dislike a person to the point where they become depressed and/or suicidal. And if the victim is male most likely it will involve a lot of physical violence on top of that.

It tends to achieve more than just saying 'uuuurgh I hate this person. They do x y z which piss me off.' to someone else. What does that achieve to help the situation? That person has no idea you even dislike what they've done. Someone has to communicate the problem openly. You might hate them for being 'blunt' but it does a lot more to help the situation than *****es talking behind each others back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    well this is TSR, if we're honest, there are going to be more girls of certain personality traits than girls of others on here. I doubt the poll represents girls outside the internet forum world.
    Well, true I guess but I was also just surprised by the amount of girls who said how they didn't really get along with girls etc.

ReputationRep:
    I actually prefer *****iness to the people who "put it all out there". That can just hurt people's feelings and sometimes it's best to talk about them with someone else and then you feel better towards them once you've let it out. Some things need to be dealt with but *****iness serves an essential function.

I completely agree, we all *****, and there's nothing wrong with it. *****ing can be innocent or it can be manipulative and devious.
    I've often had a good moan (*****) to my friends after having a rubbish day, don't see what's wrong with that. :dontknow: If someone's annoyed/ upset me at work or uni and I saw one of my close friends soon after, I will most likely tell them what's upset me a bit. And likewise, most of my friends have come up to me at some point and told me something which someone has done/ said that has hurt them a bit.
    Yeah, it's *****ing, but it's what friends do. The world would be a difficult place if everyone took on a confrontational attitude and had a go at every person who upset them, sometimes it's just better to keep quiet, and have a moan to a close friend about it.

When *****ing becomes harmful is when a person deviously spreads negativity about another person because they want to turn people against the poor victim. That sort of thing is when *****ing becomes devious, and I've never really known people to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye you're pretty much playing into the whole negative stereotype. Since you're saying that *****iness is a positive trait. Which i strongly disagree with. Maybe you're one of the bullies that spread nastiness around making people dislike a certain person. But you don't realise the consequences of your actions.

Bullying, spreading rumours, making everyone dislike a person to the point where they become depressed and/or suicidal. And if the victim is male most likely it will involve a lot of physical violence on top of that.

It tends to achieve more than just saying 'uuuurgh I hate this person. They do x y z which piss me off.' to someone else. What does that achieve to help the situation? That person has no idea you even dislike what they've done. Someone has to communicate the problem openly. You might hate them for being 'blunt' but it does a lot more to help the situation than *****es talking behind each others back.

You keep criticising ArtGoblin, but with all due respect you are the one who seems to be getting a bit personal, saying maybe she's a bully.

I think in your posts you're neglecting to remember that humans are emotional creatures and our reactions aren't always perfectly calm and collected when confronted with negativity.
    I can think of very few people who would respond appropriately to such negative situations. You seem to think that everyone should respond 'in a civilized manner to work on their differences'. Well yes, in an ideal world that would be the best response to an adverse situation, but you have to admit that very few people are capable of responding in such a rational way 100% of the time. A little thing called emotions gets in the way. And emotions often express themselves through negative confrontation, or less directly, such as moaning to others, i.e *****ing.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer girls for mates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TolerantBeing)
    You keep criticising ArtGoblin, but with all due respect you are the one who seems to be getting a bit personal, saying maybe she's a bully.

I think in your posts you're neglecting to remember that humans are emotional creatures and our reactions aren't always perfectly calm and collected when confronted with negativity.
    I can think of very few people who would respond appropriately to such negative situations. You seem to think that everyone should respond 'in a civilized manner to work on their differences'. Well yes, in an ideal world that would be the best response to an adverse situation, but you have to admit that very few people are capable of responding in such a rational way 100% of the time. A little thing called emotions gets in the way. And emotions often express themselves through negative confrontation, or less directly, such as moaning to others, i.e *****ing.
    nah not taking it personally. Just pointing out some things that I think should be fairly obvious that are linked with *****iness that artgoblin seems to disregard. And answering her question concerning the 'real world.'
    And Yes people should act like that. I've always had this view and tend to surround myself with people who feel the same way. And on the whole men are more likely to act like this since it's pretty a stereotypically male thing to do to openly confront another male about a problem.
    When I have to confront females if I think they'l conform to the typical over emotional stereotype I'll try and put it as nice as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I get along pretty equally with all genders. I find my girl friends supportive, witty and friendly, but mostly importantly individuals.

ReputationRep:
    The vast majority of my close friends have been guys. I've had very few close girl friends. I get along well with guys. I tend to have more in common with them, so it's easier to make conversation. It would be nice to have some more girl friends, though. Guys are cool, but it would probably be better to have more of a mix.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer guys - I've always gotten on better with guys, I don't really trust girls. I'd say I only have 2 or 3 close female friends

I was bullied by girls at school so I have been known to have a leaning of friends from the guy side but of late it's becoming more of a female sided group of friends. I am still quite selective regardless to which sex they are based on how I feel around their company and if I can trust them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

So many girls (not just on here) who claim they 'don't trust' most girls, yet get annoyed if a guy claims most girls are jealous *****es, attention-seekers or self-centred...

Why is it that you don't trust other girls again?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mr Smurf)
      I feel as if some girls jump on the "girls are *****es so I prefer hanging out with guys" brigade because they think it makes them special or something.
      Cannot agree with this more. A lot of girls seem to love telling everyone how they're just 'one of the lads' and aren't like 'normal, *****y' girls. It gets on my tits so much. :rolleyes:

Tbf pretty much all of my good mates used to be male but that wasn't because I had some kind of problem with other girls, that's just how it turned out. If anything that was one of the most drama-filled friendship groups I've interacted with.

And it's amazing how many people seem to only know horrible, miserable, two-faced girls. Is it really that hard to find a group of female friends who don't all hate each other and revolve around drama? I've never had this problem with any of my female friends.

Sorry for ranting, I realise a lot of people do prefer the company of the opposite sex. It's just the disdain and putting down of your own gender that I hate.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous Coward)

So many girls (not just on here) who claim they 'don't trust' most girls, yet get annoyed if a guy claims most girls are *****es, attention-seekers or self-centred...

Why is it that you don't trust other girls again?

They just ain't loyal

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mr Smurf)
      I feel as if some girls jump on the "girls are *****es so I prefer hanging out with guys" brigade because they think it makes them special or something.
      Yep.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by anonymouspie227)
      I get on with both, I suppose. I don't let a few people from one gender, cloud and make me not get on with the other gender.

To me, the people I'm friends with, are similar. They're funny, and like comedy. Some love shops (Both women and men), some don't like shops. Some like sports (bBoth the female and male friends) some don 't. And both males and females can be as *****y as hell.
      What a lovely, rational response that isn't trying to tar whole genders with the same brush. (In an overwhelming one-sided manner may I add :rolleyes:)

ReputationRep:
      im a guy and girls don't really like me, and don't talk to me other than to laugh at my looks. so I get on with guys better.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by redferry)
      There's a good chance you are though, and you've probably ruined at least one other girls life at some point.

Because that is what most teenage girls do.
      Well that's just one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.
      You've obviously had some horrible experience that's left you bitter, but I can assume with plenty of confidence that I've not ruined anyone's life. Nor can I think of many people who's life may have been ruined by a *****y, malevolent, teenage girl (which apparently is pretty much all of them).

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.