Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitrogen)
    Got an offer more than a week ago and I never realised until I checked track today. Somehow I didn't get an email from ucas notifying me.
    They've given quite a few offers and from what I've read it seems like none of them got email notification (I certainly didn't). Anyway, congrats! What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AquisM)
    They've given quite a few offers and from what I've read it seems like none of them got email notification (I certainly didn't). Anyway, congrats! What course?
    Thanks It was for chemistry. What course did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Will applying to do Bsc Economics

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm applying for Anatomical Sciences with a Modern Language !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitrogen)
    Thanks It was for chemistry. What course did you apply to?
    Chemical engineering.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Does Manchester interview for everything? I know my course does but just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    Does Manchester interview for everything? I know my course does but just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not for most courses
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Not for most courses
    Oh interesting it's sort of seemed like they did. I wish I didn't have to do an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh interesting it's sort of seemed like they did. I wish I didn't have to do an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Remember, first and foremost, that the interviewer wants to see you at your best. They're not there to catch you out.

Have a look at the interview tips here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/interview_tips

Do your research on Manchester and your particular course. You want to be able to say that you want to do Hamster Studies at Manchester because you're particularly interested in hamster genetics, and Manchester offers a module on hamster genetics (for instance). Think about questions that they might ask you, and think of answers to those questions in advance.

What subject are you applying for? Many of Manchester's interviews are non-selective, and are more of an excuse to get you on campus so that (a) you can see how awesome Manchester is, and (b) you can make sure that Manchester is right for you.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Remember, first and foremost, that the interviewer wants to see you at your best. They're not there to catch you out.

Have a look at the interview tips here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/interview_tips

Do your research on Manchester and your particular course. You want to be able to say that you want to do Hamster Studies at Manchester because you're particularly interested in hamster genetics, and Manchester offers a module on hamster genetics (for instance). Think about questions that they might ask you, and think of answers to those questions in advance.

What subject are you applying for? Many of Manchester's interviews are non-selective, and are more of an excuse to get you on campus so that (a) you can see how awesome Manchester is, and (b) you can make sure that Manchester is right for you.
    Hey, thanks, Geology. They say it's to check who they want to give the scholarship to, but it'll be more than that, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks, Geology. They say it's to check who they want to give the scholarship to, but it'll be more than that, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know about geology specifically, but if they say that it's just about the scholarship, then I'm inclined to believe them, truth be told.

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer for PPE today! Yay!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about geology specifically, but if they say that it's just about the scholarship, then I'm inclined to believe them, truth be told.
    Just hope I get an offer for an interview, in the type of person that stresses over everything. What subject do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just hope I get an offer for an interview, in the type of person that stresses over everything. What subject do you study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do politics
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I do politics
    Oh nice, how do you like Manchester? Why did you choose it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just finished applying to university of manchester for a postgraduate in petroleum geoscience for reservoir development and production, feeling nervous truth be told. don't know how long they'll take to reply can't wait, anyone applying to the same school/course??

ReputationRep:
    Biomed interview on the 6th of November - anyone? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tayla013)
    Biomed interview on the 6th of November - anyone? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have a biological sciences interview on the 6th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interview on 6th November for German and Russian :-)
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marko19)
    just finished applying to university of manchester for a postgraduate in petroleum geoscience for reservoir development and production, feeling nervous truth be told. don't know how long they'll take to reply can't wait, anyone applying to the same school/course??
    I'm applying for undergrad geology what did you do for your undergrad? And where. Good luck though !

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.