The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Nitrogen
Got an offer more than a week ago and I never realised until I checked track today. Somehow I didn't get an email from ucas notifying me.

They've given quite a few offers and from what I've read it seems like none of them got email notification (I certainly didn't). Anyway, congrats! :biggrin: What course?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by AquisM
They've given quite a few offers and from what I've read it seems like none of them got email notification (I certainly didn't). Anyway, congrats! :biggrin: What course?

Thanks :smile: It was for chemistry. What course did you apply to?
Reply 162
Will applying to do Bsc Economics :smile:
Reply 163
Hey guys, I'm applying for Anatomical Sciences with a Modern Language :smile:!
Reply 164
Original post by Nitrogen
Thanks :smile: It was for chemistry. What course did you apply to?

Chemical engineering. :smile:
Does Manchester interview for everything? I know my course does but just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Does Manchester interview for everything? I know my course does but just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not for most courses
Original post by Origami Bullets
Not for most courses

Oh interesting :smile: it's sort of seemed like they did. I wish I didn't have to do an interview :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh interesting :smile: it's sort of seemed like they did. I wish I didn't have to do an interview :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Remember, first and foremost, that the interviewer wants to see you at your best. They're not there to catch you out.

Have a look at the interview tips here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/interview_tips

Do your research on Manchester and your particular course. You want to be able to say that you want to do Hamster Studies at Manchester because you're particularly interested in hamster genetics, and Manchester offers a module on hamster genetics (for instance). Think about questions that they might ask you, and think of answers to those questions in advance.

What subject are you applying for? Many of Manchester's interviews are non-selective, and are more of an excuse to get you on campus so that (a) you can see how awesome Manchester is, and (b) you can make sure that Manchester is right for you.
Remember, first and foremost, that the interviewer wants to see you at your best. They're not there to catch you out.

Have a look at the interview tips here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/interview_tips

Do your research on Manchester and your particular course. You want to be able to say that you want to do Hamster Studies at Manchester because you're particularly interested in hamster genetics, and Manchester offers a module on hamster genetics (for instance). Think about questions that they might ask you, and think of answers to those questions in advance.

What subject are you applying for? Many of Manchester's interviews are non-selective, and are more of an excuse to get you on campus so that (a) you can see how awesome Manchester is, and (b) you can make sure that Manchester is right for you.

Hey, thanks, Geology. They say it's to check who they want to give the scholarship to, but it'll be more than that, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, thanks, Geology. They say it's to check who they want to give the scholarship to, but it'll be more than that, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know about geology specifically, but if they say that it's just about the scholarship, then I'm inclined to believe them, truth be told.
Got a conditional offer for PPE today! Yay!
I don't know about geology specifically, but if they say that it's just about the scholarship, then I'm inclined to believe them, truth be told.

Just hope I get an offer for an interview, in the type of person that stresses over everything. What subject do you study? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just hope I get an offer for an interview, in the type of person that stresses over everything. What subject do you study? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do politics :smile:
I do politics :smile:

Oh nice, how do you like Manchester? Why did you choose it? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 175
just finished applying to university of manchester for a postgraduate in petroleum geoscience for reservoir development and production, feeling nervous:frown: truth be told. don't know how long they'll take to reply can't wait, anyone applying to the same school/course??
Reply 176
Biomed interview on the 6th of November - anyone? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tayla013
Biomed interview on the 6th of November - anyone? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a biological sciences interview on the 6th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interview on 6th November for German and Russian :-)
Original post by marko19
just finished applying to university of manchester for a postgraduate in petroleum geoscience for reservoir development and production, feeling nervous:frown: truth be told. don't know how long they'll take to reply can't wait, anyone applying to the same school/course??

I'm applying for undergrad geology :smile: what did you do for your undergrad? And where. Good luck though !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending