Girls, would you date a 5'3'' guy ? Watch

• View Poll Results: ?
    Yes
    31.19%
    No
    68.81%

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I am 5'7 and I wouldn't mind dating a girl taller then me. (Ex was taller) in terms of guys, I would date someone shorter then me but then I would be a bit :erm: below 5 ft initially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    No. I'm 5"8 and wear heels most of the time, so I wouldn't
    You know what you are? You're an anti-shortite! Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs. "Hey, shorty!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    You know what you are? You're an anti-shortite! Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs. "Hey, shorty!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools.
    Because I don't want to date a man shorter than me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    What counts as a midget? :lol:
    Dwarfism is defined as being 4' 10" or lower in adulthood.

ReputationRep:
    As a proud short guy I really wish everybody would stop complaining. Preferences are a two-way street, you can just expect everybody you're attracted to to be attracted to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    I find this protection thing to be complete nonsense.

If a guy is say 5' 3" he would be capable of protecting his girl who is 5' 1" but not if she is 5' 6"? That just makes no sense. If a girl really needs protection, she needs a body guard, not a taller bf or be less paranoid.

Anyway, I'm quite a fit person so I can protect a gf of any height.

I think its really about status. A taller man is considered superior to a shorter one so a girl with a taller man is seen as being with a better man and increase her status just as a man with an attractive woman would increase his status.

Ye it is all about status tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    What counts as a midget? :lol:
    i dont mean midget as an insult i mean a midget in medial terms. would you date one?

(Original post by xoflower)
    I know Its also annoying how we are constantly reminded how unattractive we are, whether it be by the media... even the tsr has multiple threads stating how 'ugly' we are
    Most of my ex's have been black and im white *shrugs* Black women are beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Most of my ex's have been black and im white *shrugs* Black women are beautiful.
    Youre clearly a minority

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.