Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Being female is crap Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    That's pretty awful, i never realised. I don't usually talk to people when i'm upset just because thats the way i am but when i am feeling really upset i can turn to my friends - it must be pretty awful to never be able to talk about whats bothering you
    Yeh i'm lucky I don't have this problem, but I can see how a lot of men do.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    a lot more men in depression etc...
    women tend to have issues in their teens but sort it out by their 20s..

men on the other hand tend to develop issues in their 20s and many dont ever sort them out

just recently in my town there was a very very unfortunate case of double suicides

for this reason I think men have it harder so to speak

but lets not argue about who has it worse but instead try and figure out a way on how to stop these sort of things happening
    Yes! I think this is very true especially the last paragraph.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Yes! I think this is very true especially the last paragraph.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    well then what do yeh reckon we can do...

from observation many men need to get married otherwise they stop taking care of themselves as well...
    many men dont have much hobbies too apart from the pub..

I guess theres pressure for the man to be the breadwinner

what is it that women do that men dont?

why do so many men fall apart do yeh think:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Ye this is bloody annoying. The worse thing is I am as bad. I don't how to react when a guy gets all teary and upset. It's like we emotionally stunted or something.
    I always use the same response. "lets go get a pint, it will be better after a pint". It never fails.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    well then what do yeh reckon we can do...

from observation many men need to get married otherwise they stop taking care of themselves as well...
    many men dont have much hobbies too apart from the pub..

I guess theres pressure for the man to be the breadwinner

what is it that women do that men dont?

why do so many men fall apart do yeh think:?
    This is really sad, I didn't realise that it could be this bad

I think men fall apart because they aren't (well most) told to communicate their feelings a lot. I think men need to talk more for any of this to get better!
    Women (most women) talk about things so we (well I'm a girl) don't feel to bad like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is really sad, I didn't realise that it could be this bad

I think men fall apart because they aren't (well most) told to communicate their feelings a lot. I think men need to talk more for any of this to get better!
    Women (most women) talk about things so we (well I'm a girl) don't feel to bad like this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think girls also tend to be in groups...
    many lads or at least the men in my family dont have as close mates as the girls in my family...

yeh talk for sure.

but what else?

it seems to be in mens interests to get married anyways...

women are valued more and more in society these days(not that its necessarily a bad thing..bout time in fact!) but men are valued less and less

so I think the bachelor life probably isnt the best route...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I think girls also tend to be in groups...
    many lads or at least the men in my family dont have as close mates as the girls in my family...

yeh talk for sure.

but what else?

it seems to be in mens interests to get married anyways...

women are valued more and more in society these days(not that its necessarily a bad thing..bout time in fact!) but men are valued less and less

so I think the bachelor life probably isnt the best route...
    Oh yes, that too!
    I'm really not sure, I'm not a guy so I'm probably not in the best position to be suggesting these anyway

"women are valued more and more in society these days, but men are valued less and less" <- I don't agree with this and I think that's mass generalisation!

I don't think it is either but it wouldn't be as bad if- men (not all) were able to talk about feelings and maybe if they didn't care about how they are perceived through stereotypes?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, that too!
    I'm really not sure, I'm not a guy so I'm probably not in the best position to be suggesting these anyway

"women are valued more and more in society these days, but men are valued less and less" <- I don't agree with this and I think that's mass generalisation!

I don't think it is either but it wouldn't be as bad if- men (not all) were able to talk about feelings and maybe if they didn't care about how they are perceived through stereotypes?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha course yeh can..Im not an old depressed man either but I can propose:P

hmm let me explain then
    socially- women are definitely in demand here...women have the power generally socially.just go onto tinder and youll see the results.

career wise- same thing.uk and ireland is more focused on services(tends to suit women better) than agriculture and industrial(tends to suit men better) which arent as prominent. at least In ireland theres a higher proportion of men unemployed than women...

society wise- yes women have the pressure now of working and also doing most of the cleaning in some houses..but unlike some people having those views..even more believe the man should be the breadwinner..putting a bigger pressure on men I believe..

women can now have kids without getting married...they can get regular sex if they please...they tend to have more mates..get more attention in general

men on the other hand need to get married to get many things..

the value of women is going up and men the opposite direction

but il gladly listen to why you think otherwise

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Off topic but are you really 14 ?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    Off topic but are you really 14 ?
    Yes I am 14, why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well you don't have put up with a blow to the balls at least
    They just have to put up with a blow to the tits or vagina instead

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am 14, why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that's awfully young to know much about the men/women dynamics in society. Btw if you want to find out about why male suicide rates are so high ( higher than women's in virtually every country in the world and the most common cause of death in men under the age of 35 in the UK) watch this vid, it's only about 10 min long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliverJR)
    I've been told it hurts to be hit in the breasts but I've never seen a women fall to floor gasping for breath due to something hitting her there hard.

They don't have their organs hanging on the outside of their body. It's like if your kidneys were hanging on the outside. Bloody fussy sperm :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    You have to live with the vulnerability of being the 'weaker' sex, it's harder to be independant/single ie going out alone at night, you get men rubbing it in your face how much weaker women are compared to them, you have all the hassle of pregnancy (all that hard work at the gym lost) and giving birth whilst men can just relax, keep their bodies in shape and be presented with a nice little baby at the end. As a tomboy who likes to work out/keep in shape and wants to stay single I can't find any advantages to being female!
    True this but it's even crappier for a pre-op ftm transsexual lol
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    haha course yeh can..Im not an old depressed man either but I can propose:P

hmm let me explain then
    socially- women are definitely in demand here...women have the power generally socially.just go onto tinder and youll see the results.

career wise- same thing.uk and ireland is more focused on services(tends to suit women better) than agriculture and industrial(tends to suit men better) which arent as prominent. at least In ireland theres a higher proportion of men unemployed than women...

society wise- yes women have the pressure now of working and also doing most of the cleaning in some houses..but unlike some people having those views..even more believe the man should be the breadwinner..putting a bigger pressure on men I believe..

women can now have kids without getting married...they can get regular sex if they please...they tend to have more mates..get more attention in general

men on the other hand need to get married to get many things..

the value of women is going up and men the opposite direction

but il gladly listen to why you think otherwise
    Haha

Yes but is Tinder a good representation of this and also I think it is because of over-sexualisation!

"In Ireland there's a higher proportion of men unemployed than women..." <- Really? I didn't know that! Wow.
    " man should be the breadwinner..putting a bigger pressure on men I believe.." <- I definitely agree with this

I understand what you mean.

Well (not all men and women obviously), as I mentioned before I think that sexualisation is the main reason why it seems that the value of women is going up. As women (some e.g. commonly celebrities and singers- I don't want to generalise) dress more sexually and obviously that is going to attract make attention towards them.

I'm not saying that women are not/should not be valued because they carry children etc.

Also, although in Ireland the unemployment rates differ in the genders many women do not get equal opportunities still especially in higher ranked jobs.

I'd need to get statistics for this to prove this but if look at the news you usually see discrimination against women. More frequently (which is quite worrying) e.g. rape.

This is some of the reasons I thought against!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliverJR)
    "Just have to put up" :rolleyes:
    I've been told it hurts to be hit in the breasts

I've never seen a women fall to floor gasping for breath due to something hitting her there hard.
    :yes:

They don't need to when they usually do at other times :rolleyes:

(Original post by StevieA)
    Well that's awfully young to know much about the men/women dynamics in society. Btw if you want to find out about why male suicide rates are so high ( higher than women's in virtually every country in the world and the most common cause of death in men under the age of 35 in the UK) watch this vid, it's only about 10 min long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really?
    Thank you, I'll watch it tomorrow when I'm wide awake. Speaking of which I should probably sleep!

ReputationRep:
    Haha

Yes but is Tinder a good representation of this and also I think it is because of over-sexualisation!

"In Ireland there's a higher proportion of men unemployed than women..." <- Really? I didn't know that! Wow.
    " man should be the breadwinner..putting a bigger pressure on men I believe.." <- I definitely agree with this

I understand what you mean.

Well (not all men and women obviously), as I mentioned before I think that sexualisation is the main reason why it seems that the value of women is going up. As women (some e.g. commonly celebrities and singers- I don't want to generalise) dress more sexually and obviously that is going to attract make attention towards them.

I'm not saying that women are not/should not be valued because they carry children etc.

Also, although in Ireland the unemployment rates differ in the genders many women do not get equal opportunities still especially in higher ranked jobs.

I'd need to get statistics for this to prove this but if look at the news you usually see discrimination against women. More frequently (which is quite worrying) e.g. rape.

This is some of the reasons I thought against!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeh I agree but overall the trend is getting better for women which is great! but men...need to refind their purpose in todays society

I completely agree over sexualisation! mind you I dislike very much when people judge others on their sexual habits..calling people "sluts" etc
    Im grand with people being like rabbits..why not its healthy!
    I dont like what the media does tho with the over sexualisation...

its stupid..the stigma with sex remains as before...but theres this over exposure in the media meaning people feeling guilty/frustrated if theyre not having/giving any.

yeh gladly I honestly think people are also seeing the value in women too..but yeh the whole sexual side by the media should stop...however if women want to use their bodies to climb the corporate ladder well lucky them!

ofc its value that women can carry children! sures its life threatening at times..and painful for sure! but children is a dream for many people..the power to be able to make babies is a privilege..whether they use it or not

how do women not get equal opportunities:? is that not something thats gradually going away...?

yeh rape and that is ****.being of more value leads to more potential danger..but again I think thats also improving.

I think women are taking the right steps forward...men on the other hand are doing little to nothing to deal with a shift in gender roles in society..

ReputationRep:
    You have to live with the vulnerability of being the 'weaker' sex, it's harder to be independant/single ie going out alone at night, you get men rubbing it in your face how much weaker women are compared to them, you have all the hassle of pregnancy (all that hard work at the gym lost) and giving birth whilst men can just relax, keep their bodies in shape and be presented with a nice little baby at the end.

As a tomboy who likes to work out/keep in shape and wants to stay single I can't find any advantages to being female!
    I totally agree. I'ma tomboy, i hate skirts/dresses, don't wear make-up, like to exercise, play video games, love technology/computers and love boys clothes more than girls. I'm like a guy with boobs and long hair basically xD I hate being a girl.......it sucks :c but i guess we'll just have to keep being different ^^
    also boobs are annoying ._. men have no idea

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear dresses though and I hate the words summery dress lol I'll go for the tight jeans. I'd just feel even weaker in a dress I like to feel strong/work out and get muscles. True about the job.
    What you're blind to is if a man felt he wanted to be a "tom-girl" he wouldn't be able to do that without some hardcore shaming. Be glad your sex has emancipated itself from its gender role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    That's pretty awful, i never realised. I don't usually talk to people when i'm upset just because thats the way i am but when i am feeling really upset i can turn to my friends - it must be pretty awful to never be able to talk about whats bothering you
    Yes and what's worse is you're constantly being told by the media, other men, sometimes women, etc etc, that you're wrong for even letting it bother you in the first place. And as far as I can see this is pretty much why men end up killing themselves or acting aggressively and all the other bad stuff we do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.