Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which University takes your breathe away for the pretty buildings? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Stanford... I have a dream...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Leeds Met, the building is nicer (from the outside) than University of Leeds.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleighisonfire)

Not bad.jpeg

It would look nicer if it was white though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParetoOptimum)
    Not bad.jpeg

It would look nicer if it was white though
    The photo doesn't do it justice, it's all campus based and the buildings make a square (couldn't find a picture on Google)

I disagree, Leeds Uni is white (it's bad enough that here people don't know the difference between the three universities) plus I'm like the ''brick look''

Much prefer Met to Uni.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    The photo doesn't do it justice, it's all campus based and the buildings make a square (couldn't find a picture on Google)

I disagree, Leeds Uni is white (it's bad enough that here people don't know the difference between the three universities) plus I'm like the ''brick look''

Much prefer Met to Uni.
    Fair play. For anything Neo-classical (like the Met building) I think white is the best colour. Red brick has its place for sure... I think it's better suited for neo-gothic architecture like St. Pancras Station in London

ReputationRep:
    Xiamen University China

Name:  21.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  242.3 KB

The location is good, too, just moments from the sea.

Name:  xmu_landscape_s.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  91.5 KB
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham's campus is stunning, the only reason I didn't apply there was because the ratio of applicants to places for my course was absolutely ridiculous. I went to their open day and the talk for my course focused a lot on why you wouldn't get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    University of Bolton

ReputationRep:
    I loved Oxford. York itself was stunning, along with KCL strand campus (somerset house), Edinburgh and Leeds was nice in some areas too!

ReputationRep:

That is rather grand and beautiful.

I was impressed by Exeter when I went on a visit to a friend there. I also thought Edinburgh had some very attractive vistas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Xiamen University China

Sometimes Chinese architecture can be stunning. I love the colour and design of the roofs on that structure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    That is rather grand and beautiful.

I was impressed by Exeter when I went on a visit to a friend there. I also thought Edinburgh had some very attractive vistas.
    It really is. I was there again today and inside the building where the library is there's old stone steps! It's amazing there (damn I'm slowly liking the university )

Yeah I like both Exeter and Edinburgh too.

I thought I was the only one who looked at the architecture etc when picking a university

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParetoOptimum)
    Fair play. For anything Neo-classical (like the Met building) I think white is the best colour. Red brick has its place for sure... I think it's better suited for neo-gothic architecture like St. Pancras Station in London

The station doesn't look bad I just don't like it as much as the Met building

ReputationRep:
    The station doesn't look bad I just don't like it as much as the Met building
    The Met Building :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Xiamen University China

I like that.

ReputationRep:
    It really is. I was there again today and inside the building where the library is there's old stone steps! It's amazing there (damn I'm slowly liking the university )

Yeah I like both Exeter and Edinburgh too.

I thought I was the only one who looked at the architecture etc when picking a university
    No way. Part of the motivation for me has always been the architecture, who wants to sit and read history in an awful library constructed in the 20th century?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DErasmus)
    No way. Part of the motivation for me has always been the architecture, who wants to sit and read history in an awful library constructed in the 20th century?
    The buildings do matter when it is a tight decision between Warwick and Edinburgh (Edinburgh wins hands down) and Greenwich and London Met (Greenwich wins).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    The Met Building :eek:

No as in Leeds Met I mentioned earlier.

ReputationRep:
    No as in Leeds Met I mentioned earlier.
    Sorry it was just you were commenting on St Pancras.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    Sorry it was just you were commenting on St Pancras.
    Ahh okay, I posted a picture of it a page or 2 back. It's a red brick building and someone said they prefer it to be used on buildings like ST Pancras than one universities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.