Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lavender lifts some stuff up Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Could be the previous gym had smaller women's 15kg bars?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did think that, but I've been to about 3/4 different gyms over the years and they all seemed lighter than this new gym... But then at the new gym some bars are still lighter. I asked one of the staff and he said they are all standard Olympic bars and the only lighter ones they have are kept over by the platforms. Weird, maybe it's just me.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Where you training? Is it the one by the river or the one behind Arena?

Dat local knowledge and no clues given to which city I'm referring

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've found bars that look normal but we're over 20 before, though not in the UK. Does the gym not have scales? Easy was to settle it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Where you training? Is it the one by the river or the one behind Arena?

Dat local knowledge and no clues given to which city I'm referring

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't live there anymore have moved completely for a new job

Though I do know exactly which places you're referring!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    I don't live there anymore have moved completely for a new job

Though I do know exactly which places you're referring!
    Ah fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Subbed.

Is this a one off checking in? Or back to blogging?

ReputationRep:
    I need some serious motivation right now. So I had a week off due to a holiday, and then when I got back I managed to go to the gym once (got some serious DOMS) and then I had another week off due to being busy and aforementioned DOMS. Then just as I decided to get back into it I got some virus which has meant I've taken ANOTHER week off. I still don't feel 100% and even climbing the stairs leaves me out of breath but I'm anxious to get back to it.

*What's the best way to go about it? Shorter workouts? Low weight higher reps? *Want to avoid DOMS as much as possible but also begin building my strength up. I've lost about 5lbs of muscle *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Snake)
    How can a woman lift? Thats a bit weird
    How? Probably the same way anyone else does. It's really quite simple.*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I still don't feel 100% and even climbing the stairs leaves me out of breath but I'm anxious to get back to it.
    Maybe you still have a bit of post viral fatigue?

When you start again, DOMS is always going to be an issue. Make sure you don't do anything crazy on your first workout back so the DOMS is at least manageable.

ReputationRep:
    Managed to go a few times - feeling a lot better now. Struggling with 5 reps of 80kg for deadlifts though, so depressing. It's so hot in my gym there is no air con 😵

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously depressing seeing how strong I was a few years back. It's just been injury after injury and I've also lost about 5kg in weight in the last year so my lifts have become much weaker. I'm now caught between wanting to get back to being strong, and wanting to stay lean.

I still try and lift 3x per week but I get a lot of back problems so have started doing lighter weight/higher reps.

Anyway I rarely come on here as it seems slightly inappropriate at the ripe old age of 29 but I can't bring myself to close my account!

ReputationRep:
    Anyway I rarely come on here as it seems slightly inappropriate at the ripe old age of 29 but I can't bring myself to close my account!
    I used to blog when I was 19 in 2010, I reawakened my blogging [started a new one but referenced the old] in 2015 at 24. [I'm now 26]

I have high lifting frequency so I think that my posts make up a high percentage of those posted in the fitness blog forum [not counting Squirrel who has lots of tsr friends].

I don't personally think that there is a problem with blogging here post uni. [though if I get spammed with gtfo posts I'll consider leaving lol ]

Back in the old days there was a poster called Powerlifter who was a fully functioning adult and his lifting experience was a valuable asset to me in my early training.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gone Revising II)
    I used to blog when I was 19 in 2010, I reawakened my blogging [started a new one but referenced the old] in 2015 at 24. [I'm now 26]

I have high lifting frequency so I think that my posts make up a high percentage of those posted in the fitness blog forum [not counting Squirrel who has lots of tsr friends].

I don't personally think that there is a problem with blogging here post uni. [though if I get spammed with gtfo posts I'll consider leaving lol ]

Back in the old days there was a poster called Powerlifter who was a fully functioning adult and his lifting experience was a valuable asset to me in my early training.
    Gtfo

Pls no bby. I will be back to high frequency, only a fortnight left of my nightmare

Seriously depressing seeing how strong I was a few years back. It's just been injury after injury and I've also lost about 5kg in weight in the last year so my lifts have become much weaker. I'm now caught between wanting to get back to being strong, and wanting to stay lean.

I still try and lift 3x per week but I get a lot of back problems so have started doing lighter weight/higher reps.

Squat less, find a good physio, foam roll 2x a day. You can escape injury hell!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.