Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Films that really scared you when you were small. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Wet myself😝

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha that's quite funny😂 I was breaking down because I was so sad and you were dying with laughter😝
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuzDav)
    Haha that's quite funny😂 I was breaking down because I was so sad and you were dying with laughter😝
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol I was such a sensitive child😂
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuzDav)
    Lol I was such a sensitive child😂
    And I was dead inside

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigBadJFly)
    I remember being terrified for weeks after watching an episode of doctor who which had a woman who sucked out people's blood with a straw - was probably about 12 as well

When I was younger (6 or 7?) I watched a film I found a part of really scary, all I remember was a bit was there was a 'child-catcher' with a big nose, but can't remember anything other than that bit - anyone know what film this is? :confused:

EDIT: Just looked it up, and it was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
    I was just going to post about Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! That **** scared me for life.. haven't trusted anyone handing out free sweets since :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    And I was dead inside

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah just able to see the funny side of films like that👍

ReputationRep:
    There were some proper, creepy as sin moments in the fantasy/adventure Krull (1983).

Only other ones I can remember seeing were:
    Predator
    Alien series
    The Fly
    Jaws
    IT (the killer clown one)
    Arachnophobia (it was only PG rated, but uncomfortable viewing for those with the fear)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLay1)
    You actually watched that when you were younger?!
    no haha i misread the title of the thread, i thought it was just scary films in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh_insomniac)
    For some reason me and my friends thought it was cool to watch A Clockwork Orange. We were 10. Is that small enough? It was pretty traumatising anyway!
    Oh Jesus, now that must have done some damage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Yep, with the song 'Bright Eyes' that still creeps me out
    That's not so much creepy, but more depressing. Brighteyes always gets to me :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Bambi.

It still haunts me to this day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charloootte2)
    When I was really young, I walked in when my Dad and by older siblings were watching the Matrix.
    That was one traumatic experience

That one scene where they planted that bug into Neos stomach. That was the one scene I walked in on my family watching, disturbed me for a long time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    Labyrinth and The Witches, I had the witches on the same video as charlie and the chocolate factory and I used to jump off my bunk bed before the witches came on. Then my mum said I had to face my fear and watch it and she laughed :cry2:

:eek: omg I totally relate. The Witches was the most terrifying thing in the world. I literally still won't watch it now. The bit where all the witches are in the hall and the little boy is like crawling around. ergh

ReputationRep:
    "the rescuers" - a disney cartoon that was quite intimidating if you were 4...
    oh, and anaconda - I saw that when I was 6 and had a few nightmares about getting strangled to death by huge snakes.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Blade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    one of the oldschool christopher reeve superman movies where this woman gets trapped in some machine and immediately turned into this creepy death robot

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets XD

Also there was this series known as Samurai Jack, I would watch it even though it gave me chills at the age of 4 XD

CORALINE IS BEAUTIFUL BUT IT STILL GIVES ME THE CREEPS - MAYBE BECAUSE I UNDERSTAND THE DARKNESS A BIT MORE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TolerantBeing)
    That one scene where they planted that bug into Neos stomach. That was the one scene I walked in on my family watching, disturbed me for a long time
    That scene is horrible, I can't watch that scene even now.

ReputationRep:
    When I was nine, my 16 year old cousin and her friend were babysitting me and let me watch movies with them. We watched The Ring, and I was absolutely fine with it and I begged them to let me watch the second one. Big mistake. For some reason I found the second movie so much creepier. I couldn't be alone with a tv for months after that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't know, I'm still small and films still scare me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.