Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm bored! Anyone want to chat or ask me questions? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael_98)
    Question is it possible for a father/mother to hate their own child

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sadly yes. To have cases where the parents abuse the child, even kill the child that can't be love. They have to hate their child to do something as vial as that so while I wish the answer is no, alas, it is yes :/ Though it is the extreme minority that are like that I must add

ReputationRep:
    You call yourself British and you hate curry?! :shock:
    Never heard of such a thing!

If you had the opportunity to eat from 3 different types of restaurants (i.e. Mexican, Spanish, French, German, Italian etc...) which would they be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    You call yourself British and you hate curry?! :shock:
    Never heard of such a thing!

If you had the opportunity to eat from 3 different types of restaurants (i.e. Mexican, Spanish, French, German, Italian etc...) which would they be?
    Food is like the worst topic for me :P I'm really not into food

Fast food (unhealthy I know :P ), Italian and probably german

ReputationRep:
    I just lost approximately 1/4 of the threads on my watched threads list, have yours disappeared too?

ReputationRep:
    I just lost approximately 1/4 of the threads on my watched threads list, have yours disappeared too?
    I'm currently only watching this thread but thestudentroom did seem to have a little crash early so that probably is why

ReputationRep:
    any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munrot07)
    any more?
    There is a question I've always thought of asking someone but I don't think people would take it seriously. :rolleyes:

I'll do it anyway though:
    If your girlfriend magically turned into a guy, would you still go out with them?

ReputationRep:
    There is a question I've always thought of asking someone but I don't think people would take it seriously. :rolleyes:

I'll do it anyway though:
    If your girlfriend magically turned into a guy, would you still go out with them?
    Honestly...I don't know :/ While I know she (he?) would be the same person there is a level of physicality to any relationship and if she was a man that would go, I am not physically attracted to men. It would basically mean, even if I loved her (which I still would) it wouldn't be a relationship as it would have no physical aspects to it, I just wouldn't be attracted in the same way. I would definitely remain best friends but (and it really does hurt to say this) I doubt the relationship would work, I would try but I just don't think it would

Honest answer there, one I'm sure lots would disagree with

ReputationRep:
    Honestly...I don't know :/ While I know she (he?) would be the same person there is a level of physicality to any relationship and if she was a man that would go, I am not physically attracted to men. It would basically mean, even if I loved her (which I still would) it wouldn't be a relationship as it would have no physical aspects to it, I just wouldn't be attracted in the same way. I would definitely remain best friends but (and it really does hurt to say this) I doubt the relationship would work, I would try but I just don't think it would

Honest answer there, one I'm sure lots would disagree with
    What if she just grew a penis (and no testicles, just the penis) then but kept everything else?

This is a weird question but I want to know what people would do. =l

ReputationRep:
    What if she just grew a penis (and no testicles, just the penis) then but kept everything else?

This is a weird question but I want to know what people would do. =l
    It would be easier to stay with her then though intimacy would still be a problem, if she was a man the relationship would almost certainly end but if she just grew a penis I don't know, it could work and probably would, no idea :P I'd do my best to make it work the only problem as I said would be physical aspects.

ReputationRep:
    Favourite TV show?

Both currently airing and no longer airing?

ReputationRep:
    Favourite TV show?

Both currently airing and no longer airing?
    Doctor who all the way :P Easily my favourite and the simpsons in second place.

Primeval is probably my favourite that is not on any but not as good as doctor who :P

you?

ReputationRep:
    Doctor who all the way :P Easily my favourite and the simpsons in second place.

Primeval is probably my favourite that is not on any but not as good as doctor who :P

you?
    Currently airing = Once Upon A Time, Game Of Thrones or Doctor Who. Although, Doctor Who could be a bit iffy because of the new Doctor.
    Best Doctor ever = David Tennant.

No longer airing = Primeval.

I swear if we met each other in the street (no hints) by chance we could be best mates, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Currently airing = Once Upon A Time, Game Of Thrones or Doctor Who. Although, Doctor Who could be a bit iffy because of the new Doctor.
    Best Doctor ever = David Tennant.

No longer airing = Primeval.

I swear if we met each other in the street (no hints) by chance we could be best mates, lol.
    I think capaldi is going to be great, he certainly looks it so far :P

and yeh we would :P

ReputationRep:
    If you found out your wife (partner, girlfriend etc...) was biologically incapable of having children (early menopause perhaps), would you adopt, give up on your dream of having kids or find someone else?

ReputationRep:
    If you found out your wife (partner, girlfriend etc...) was biologically incapable of having children (early menopause perhaps), would you adopt, give up on your dream of having kids or find someone else?
    I definitely wouldn't find someone else. It would have to be a joint discussion, maybe find a surrogate Kids are really important to me though so I wouldn't give up.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely wouldn't find someone else. It would have to be a joint discussion, maybe find a surrogate Kids are really important to me though so I wouldn't give up.
    If your partner said they never wanted to have babies and wanted to focus solely on their career/relationship with you, what would you do then?

ReputationRep:
    If your partner said they never wanted to have babies and wanted to focus solely on their career/relationship with you, what would you do then?
    We would have to talk about it but it would be a big deal for me. If they definitely never, ever 100% wanted kids and there was no chance of ever persuading them otherwise I would end the relationship.

Luckily my girlfriend does want kids :P

ReputationRep:
    Since you want to be a teacher and if your kid was in your class, would you make it public knowledge and embarrass them or keep it quiet?
    And if they didn't do their homework, would you ground them in front of the class and give detention?

ReputationRep:
    Since you want to be a teacher and if your kid was in your class, would you make it public knowledge and embarrass them or keep it quiet?
    And if they didn't do their homework, would you ground them in front of the class and give detention?
    At school I would treat them like any other child in my class. I wouldn't embarrass them or single them out, that's wrong but I wont hide the fact they are my child either and deny it :P

If they behave badly or don't do what they are meant to they would be given the same punishment I would give anyone else, nothing more, nothing less. While at school they would be a pupil like all others

(see already sounding like a boring teacher :P )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.