Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is genius almost exclusively male? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guills on wheels)

It's really funny that the moment you realise you were trying to preach psychology to a psychology undergrad who clearly knows a lot more than you do you resort to putting her down because of her gender, with snide remarks about showing her emotional side, or whatever. Like, **** you. Genuinely, **** you, you supreme knobhead. Your argument just fell apart and you still tried. I mean, points for effort but you're really ****ing thick.

I feel sorry for whoever ends up with a toerag like you.
    The reason I resorted to the comment on her gender was because she clearly missed the basis of what I was trying to say. My only assumption was that she somehow had felt offended as though I was saying all females were thick.

I was merely stating a biological FACT that men and women are geared to think differently. I'm sorry but anyone who has any basic level of understanding of biology, physiology and psychology would agree with what I'm saying. Read a book gosh will you? From what she replied, it was clear she had no clue of any of those three fields. I mean, she at least ought to accept that males and females have different patterns of thinking? From her reply, it was quite evident that she had misinterpreted what I had said and took it as an insult to females.
    The remarks on her emotional side were intentional, to further reinforce the basis of the argument I was making.

If you guys cannot have a intellectual discussion on forums without cursing other people then frankly I do not know why you have signed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    The reason I resorted to the comment on her gender was because she clearly missed the basis of what I was trying to say. My only assumption was that she somehow had felt offended as though I was saying all females were thick.

I was merely stating a biological FACT that men and women are geared to think differently. I'm sorry but anyone who has any basic level of understanding of biology, physiology and psychology would agree with what I'm saying. Read a book gosh will you? From what she replied, it was clear she had no clue of any of those three fields. I mean, she at least ought to accept that males and females have different patterns of thinking? From her reply, it was quite evident that she had misinterpreted what I had said and took it as an insult to females.The remarks on her emotional side were intentional, to further reinforce the basis of the argument I was making.

If you guys cannot have a intellectual discussion on forums without cursing other people then frankly I do not know why you have signed up.
    What would her gender have anything to do with not being able to grasp the basis of what you said? And, if anything, she did, because she called it out as wrong, and presented her own view. Being a psychology student, and to be honest, I read your thing as well and it didn't make much logical sense to me either, she's probably more right than you are. It just shows how spiteful you are when someone doesn't agree with your jumped-up, limited worldview.

Yeah, um... being an undergrad psych student I'm sure she has a bit more of a basic understanding.Reading back over what you both said, she claimed that your estimation of the evolutionary effects on today's men and women was overstated, and you replied saying that she was clearly a woman, because she (presumably, according to you) misunderstood your point. She understood it perfectly, and refuted it. It sound like you're the one who doesn't read.

Whilst you're here, please explain the link between logicality/rationality and hunting. If anything, looking after a baby and caring for it requires more rationality, for example, time management, caring for it (requiring rationality in potentially emotionally distressing environments) and logically understanding what is required to make sure it is happy, healthy and safe. By contrast, if one uses logic to hunt, then it's a simple, I chase and throw my spear at this animal until it dies. Hunting by setting traps, in groups (requires sociability!) or using scents, is creative hunting.Hence both groups could be seen to use both logic/rationality and sociability/creativity. So she's right to argue that the evolutionary differences are actually not that apparent.

Your remarks on her emotional side were irrational, cruel, unforgiving and completely and utterly not needed. You have no idea what she's like, and the irony is strong when you then ask me/us to not resort to cursing.

It appears that it's you that's somehow failed to apply both rationality and creativity to your arguments.

EDIT: Paragraphs lost in posting.

ReputationRep:
    It is well known that men fill the top and the bottom ends of the IQ spectrum. The vast majority of geniuses, creative thinkers, innovators etc. are and will always be men. Equally, the majority of prison inmates and drug addicts are also men. That's just the way it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.