Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stupidest rumour you have heard about yourself? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When I was in year 11 a bunch of people suddenly decided that I was from Norway and started asking me to speak Norwegian to them...

ReputationRep:
    In year 11 a rumour went round that I apparently claimed that I was the smartest girl in school. Funnily enough it was actually my "supposed" best friend who started the rumour :confused:v

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bartonhollow)
    Ages ago my so called friend (who in hindsight was seriously a weirdo) told a bunch of people I liked some guy. I also didn't even happen to know the guy was?! I had loads of people come up to me asking "Do you like Blah Blah?" I was like who the **** is that?! It was actually such a random weird thing to do...
    I had this happen to me once. To this day I still dunno who he was. :dontknow: lol

ReputationRep:
    funniest thing was when people thought i lived in a mansion because I was walking home alone one day....omds was the funniest thingever worst thing was those guys wasted 25mins following me on the bus before clocking it wasnt true.

ReputationRep:
    When I apparently banged 2 girls at a party at once, didn't really bother to correct it but let's just say I'm active in the LGBT chat hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    I slept with 3 boys at a friends party... Even though I didn't attend the party.
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Oh I also remember when I was in year 10 someone put about a rumour that I thought I looked like Britney Spears because they overheard someone telling me that we looked kind of similar around the eyes :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    That I was seeing a fit 24 year old on the sly. :lol:
    That I was pretending to be of mixed ethnicity so that I could feel special.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of year 12 someone made up a rumour that the reason I wasn't made a 'monitor' (like a prefect) was because my boyfriend and I had been caught by the headmaster having sex in the music block. Somehow people believed it (when both my boyfriend and I are literally the last people you'd expect to do anything like that). Made me chuckle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    That I was wearing a thong one day. For some reason this rumour really badly upset me to the point of tears... Younger me must have been a sensitive little soul.
    Awwwww :'( poor babe xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    This girl once started being randomly nice to my friend (we'll call her Amy) in a PE lesson. It was weird, this girl was kind of a *****. So there we were this whole lesson, wondering what's going on and she then starts saying how she's sorry she's not got along with Amy before and (here's the kicker) that she just wanted to sort things out and make things okay because she knew Amy's mum was a model (don't ask me why having a model for a mum means people should be nicer to you, maybe she was hoping to kickstart a modelling career)...

Amy's mum was definitely not a model. After we were done laughing we told the girl that. Funnily enough the friendship between her and Amy didn't seem to continue. To this day I have no idea how the rumour that Amy's mum modelled got started.
    Ahahaahaaaa! You shudnt have told her! Let her carry on treating you good while you laughed ;P

ReputationRep:
    That I slept with my English teacher so I could get two A* on my English assessments.

ReputationRep:
    That I slept with some random dude from a different school that I don't even know. Also that I was some rebellious child who went clubbing and got it on with older men as well as doing drugs (didn't know about this one till someone invited me to go to such a club xD)
    I was thought to be Chinese just because I took Mandarin despite not even being Asian and everyone knowing my actual ethnicity.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

There was no rumour about myself, not that I've heard of anyway.. I'm a quiet girl, people probably didn't pay attention to me, I'm glad

ReputationRep:
    Mines not bad but still a rumour

Some girl I've never met told everyone that I was gay and the reason I kept it quite was because my family didn't approve

What shocked me was that she was saying it to people who knew perfectly that I liked jugglies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    Talking of boyfriends, again with the whole "Youre gay" thing, someone said they saw me with my supposed boyfriend, and I asked them to describe him to me

They described my freaking brother.... (I'm like 10 years older than my brother as well.... )
    If it helps my brother is a different colour to me and when we used to always go home together people got "ideas"..... :/

ReputationRep:
    A couple of weird ones tbh.

One time in year 7, everyone spread a rumor around that I killed someones hamster after we had an argument, resulted in a really over exaggerated story of me going around to his house and stabbing it with a knife or something.

Another one was I had a disease I was dying of due to me having Pectus excavatum (A kind of cavity thing in the chest - mine is pretty minor) after everyone saw it when I was getting changed in PE (pervs )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexKay99)
    Oh and my real name was 'Sasha' not Alex.

I've no idea how that happened.
    Sasha (саша) is short for Alexander, if Russian's your first language

ReputationRep:
    The most memorable wasn't so much a rumour so much as Francesca C**** leaping onto a desk before the start of Latin (yes...) yelling, ''Everyone, Grace tried to kill herself!!!'' (I hadn't. To be fair to her though, everyone knew I had a **** time at home and I was really depressed, and I had been self-harming.)

There was a rumour that I had multiple abortions and then had to attend compulsory 'family planning' meetings at the local GUM clinic. I stayed steadfastly single throughout school's entirety . Again that's not COMPLETELY nonsensical as the GUM clinic was right next to the eating disorders clinic and I did have to go THERE weekly.

Getting wilder... apparently I was on the brown. I have quite thin/see-through skin and I bruise easily, I was having blood tests weekly and I did lose a tonne of weight, i very definitely was NOT shooting heroin though and I'm actually doing Pharmacy at uni

To be fair, there were far more rumours going around the school about my father than about me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SerLorasTyrell)
    When I apparently banged 2 girls at a party at once, didn't really bother to correct it but let's just say I'm active in the LGBT chat hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOL! The combination of that sentence with your username has made me melt a little

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.