Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautyviews)
    Same and I really need to start soon! I take geography, psychology, business and accounting. I really like psychology but can't see myself doing it at uni. What do you take?
    History economics and politics (just dropped maths Yay!) I wish I could be sure of all the degree programmes available and not just have to decide from the most widely available ones, just because it's easier to write a personal statement for one course. I'm trying to decide out of history, history and politics, law and international relations. Until them, I'm behind in all the prep my school has made us do in terms of ucas I wanted to do psychology for a while after reading the bell jar, but then decided that psychology at a level would probably be helpful haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    When's everyone's first day back to sixth form? I'm feeling excited yet super anxious! Don't want to slack and screw up
    I go back on the 2nd. I'm nervous but I hope I can get enough work done to get decent grades next year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm back on the 8th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jlendon)
    Hi I'm Jess and I'm in year 13! That's scary. I got 4 A at AS in maths, further maths, economics and biology. My school and parents are really pushing me to apply for oxbridge but I want to do maths and economics or morse and these are not available at oxbridge. What do I do? A course I won't enjoy as much at a top uni?
    Same courses I want to apply to! Warwick is still a highly prestigious uni just maybe not in the same league as Oxbridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For new members! I want to apply for Chemistry (or Natural Sciences)

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Handles)
    I wonder how long it will take me to adjust to being in Year 13... It took me until November for me to finally realise that I was a Year 12 student, and not just a Year 11 who was intruding.
    I still can't adjust to the fact that I'm 18 in December!!! I still feel like I'm fourteen or something 0.o I feel you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blamethenargles)
    I still can't adjust to the fact that I'm 18 in December!!! I still feel like I'm fourteen or something 0.o I feel you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :zomg: I'll be 17 in a Cambridge interview... And acting like a 10 year old lmao

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Jess and I'm in year 13! That's scary. I got 4 A at AS in maths, further maths, economics and biology. My school and parents are really pushing me to apply for oxbridge but I want to do maths and economics or morse and these are not available at oxbridge. What do I do? A course I won't enjoy as much at a top uni?
    Put yourself first! If you end up taking a course you don't enjoy you could potentially be wasting four years of your life! If Oxbridge doesn't do your courses, so be it. Don't let your parents or your teachers make your future decisions for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :zomg: I'll be 17 in a Cambridge interview... And acting like a 10 year old lmao
    Always remain a child at heart ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by overthelove)
    When's everyone's first day back to sixth form? I'm feeling excited yet super anxious! Don't want to slack and screw up
    I enrol on the 19th but I start lessons on the first:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For new members! I want to apply for Chemistry (or Natural Sciences)

:woo:
    Same! Where you looking at and for what course type?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Year 13 starts in 2 weeks! That's quite nerve wracking :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishfulDesire)
    Same! Where you looking at and for what course type?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cambridge and Bath for NatSci
    Bristol - MChem with Industrial Experience
    Nottingham - MChem with Year in industry
    Warwick - MChem with Medicinal Chem

You?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    It sounds horrible that your school does this because people should be allowed to take whatever subjects they want, providing they have got the grades for getting into those courses.They should also realise that putting people onto courses they want leads them to have more motivation for the subject, which could actually mean they would get a higher grade in the subject they got a lower grade in at AS and they can resit those modules they did badly in.

On a similar note make sure you apply for the subject at university you really want to do, even if it means you don't get into a top university.

I have been on here since Y9 by the way.
    Absolutely :yep:

Me too, there was never a year 9 thread for us, though

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge and Bath for NatSci
    Bristol - MChem with Industrial Experience
    Nottingham - MChem with Year in industry
    Warwick - MChem with Medicinal Chem

You?
    Haha. Nothing that standard!

Leicester - MChem with Year in Industry
    Sheffield -MChem, type undecided
    Loughborough - MChem
    Lincoln - MChem
    Bath - MChem with Year in industry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishfulDesire)
    Haha. Nothing that standard!

Leicester - MChem with Year in Industry
    Sheffield -MChem, type undecided
    Loughborough - MChem
    Lincoln - MChem
    Bath - MChem with Year in industry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Those are all awesome!(Although I don't know much about Lincoln)

But Loughborough, Bath, Sheffield and Leicester are goood is there a specific part of chem you like?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone quote me so I have a quick link to this thread please? xD

ReputationRep:
    You could always apply for maths and econ/morse at 4 places and straight econ at cambridge as the course is very mathematical

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Can someone quote me so I have a quick link to this thread please? xD
    Welcome

ReputationRep:
    Those are all awesome!(Although I don't know much about Lincoln)

But Loughborough, Bath, Sheffield and Leicester are goood is there a specific part of chem you like?
    Lincoln is only going on my application because I know the area (I live there now but parents are moving), entry grades are lower and I can get loads I money if I go. xD

I'm hoping I'll get a place at Leicester it looks great! I (luckily) really like organic! It's just all great to me. Now just to hope I can improve my chem grade! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.