Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, new to the thread. I've applied for PO1 Liverpool, had to resit the assessment due to a fault so I'm probably behind. I'm super nervous about the outcome. Anyone heard about phone interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v<3beans)
    Hi, new to the thread. I've applied for PO1 Liverpool, had to resit the assessment due to a fault so I'm probably behind. I'm super nervous about the outcome. Anyone heard about phone interviews?
    Hey,

I've also had a phone interview for po1 Liverpool. I got an email yesterday saying all interviews have been done now and we should get an outcome by Friday. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v<3beans)
    Hi again, I've just received an email from then, I've got a panel interview xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi

After the long process I finally have my start date for liverpool; 5th Jan! To anyone who has started... How do you find the job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    Hi

After the long process I finally have my start date for liverpool; 5th Jan! To anyone who has started... How do you find the job?
    Is yours po1 or po3. Could u possibly tell me how the panel interview was? Or anyone else who has had a panel interview for po1. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm still waiting on mine Hopefully I'll get the email by the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BMoiz_)
    I'm still waiting on mine Hopefully I'll get the email by the end of the week
    Your probably the same starting date as me! Hopefully your email will arrive shortly.

And yeah, the panel interview isn't as nerve racking as the phone interview. They make you feel well at ease, and ask you to describe your experiences in the four competences. With questions in between that are just specific to your examples. Like elaborate on the details and such!

Goodluck x

ReputationRep:
    Your probably the same starting date as me! Hopefully your email will arrive shortly.

And yeah, the panel interview isn't as nerve racking as the phone interview. They make you feel well at ease, and ask you to describe your experiences in the four competences. With questions in between that are just specific to your examples. Like elaborate on the details and such!

Goodluck x
    Thanks for the help & good luck starting your new position xx

ReputationRep:
    Just got my rejection email for PO3 in Liverpool I was quietly confident after the panel interview so I'm pretty disappointed. Good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear back.

ReputationRep:
    ]Just got my rejection email for PO3 in Liverpool I was quietly confident after the panel interview so I'm pretty disappointed. Good luck to all those who are still waiting to hear back.

Hello

I know how it feels mate, i was very confident too, but was rejected. I hope we can apply again very soon.

Xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. It's great to see you all sharing your recruitment experience with each other. I applied for PO1 London, and await a decision on the back of a panel interview last week. Is there anyone on the same boat as me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nokia8210)
    Hey guys. It's great to see you all sharing your recruitment experience with each other. I applied for PO1 London, and await a decision on the back of a panel interview last week. Is there anyone on the same boat as me?
    Good luck.. hopefully you'll get it can u give me any tips for the panel interview pls. ? I have mine for liverpool next Friday.. quite nervous lol xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi VGN,

Did they put you on a reserve list?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Becci. Firstly congratulations on getting through. They clearly liked what they read on you application and heard during the telephone interview so keep in mind that they want you! The ball is in your court; you just have to prove yourself one more time.

There's absolutely nothing to be nervous about. The panel members are very friendly and will help you settle down before starting the interview.

Prepare an answer to the question "Why do you want to work for HMPO?". A lot of people have been asked this question and although I prepared an answer, they did not ask me. Do not chance it.

You will be asked 4 questions which relate to the four competencies. Managing a quality service, making effective decisions, working at a pace and collaborating and partnering.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...j8JAiuk07KdcYQ

Take a look at the following link. It is a breakdown of the competencies and shows you what the panel is listening out for in your answers. If you fully understand this and demonstrate it in your answers, there is no reason why they will not hire you. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hi no they did not. despite after finishing the interview the guy told me i did very well.. and the email said despite the strength of my application and interview, i was unsucessful.. i was not put on the reserve list... never mind.. not end of the world i thought. im applying other posts... gudluck to u if u r on the reserve list...

ReputationRep:
    Hi Becci. Firstly congratulations on getting through. They clearly liked what they read on you application and heard during the telephone interview so keep in mind that they want you! The ball is in your court; you just have to prove yourself one more time.

There's absolutely nothing to be nervous about. The panel members are very friendly and will help you settle down before starting the interview.

Prepare an answer to the question "Why do you want to work for HMPO?". A lot of people have been asked this question and although I prepared an answer, they did not ask me. Do not chance it.

You will be asked 4 questions which relate to the four competencies. Managing a quality service, making effective decisions, working at a pace and collaborating and partnering.

Take a look at the following link. It is a breakdown of the competencies and shows you what the panel is listening out for in your answers. If you fully understand this and demonstrate it in your answers, there is no reason why they will not hire you. Good luck!
    Hi Nokia
    Were you only asked one question per competency or two as other people have said, was your interview London or Liverpool? Can you remember any of questions you were asked? My application has 5 competencies Managing a quality service, making effective decisions, working at a pace, leading and communicating collaborating and partnering. This for PO1 &PO3in Liverpool/Southport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jukie)
    Hi Nokia
    Were you only asked one question per competency or two as other people have said, was your interview London or Liverpool? Can you remember any of questions you were asked? My application has 5 competencies Managing a quality service, making effective decisions, working at a pace, leading and communicating collaborating and partnering. This for PO1 &PO3in Liverpool/Southport.
    Hi Jukie,

It's one question per competency. In addition, you will be asked promoting questions such as "how did you feel?" and "what did you learn?". These questions should be part of your answer already as you should be going by the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) framework which helps structure the perfect answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Hi,
    Thanks so much for your reply, that has helped me a lot and made me feel better
    I really hope I do well after getting this far.
    Thanks again, really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Jukie,

It's one question per competency. In addition, you will be asked promoting questions such as "how did you feel?" and "what did you learn?". These questions should be part of your answer already as you should be going by the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) framework which helps structure the perfect answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks Nokia very helpful

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from passport office since submitted first 4 forms for pre employment checks, offered a PO3 in London here 3 weeks has gone and I still haven't heard from them since sending the forms

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.