Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JNHE)
    I seem to remember them rejecting throughout the day last year.

Strange lull in the action though - a morning of rejections, then nothing.
    Rejections were given out today as well then? Or was it just the rejections yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyyy24)
    Rejections were given out today as well then? Or was it just the rejections yesterday?
    Sorry - I wasn't clear. Just yesterday morning as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking - think I read earlier on the thread that when someone phoned 'the person who knew about VR and admissions was away till Friday'. So could be another batch of rejections tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grad1202)
    Just thinking - think I read earlier on the thread that when someone phoned 'the person who knew about VR and admissions was away till Friday'. So could be another batch of rejections tomorrow
    Where did you read this???

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't that mean just 1 person answers the phones, makes the decision about VR and deals out the rejections and invites? Surely there's more people in the office!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I doubt it's reliant on one person to do the actual rejection emails. They have several admin assistants for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome_Alien)
    Where did you read this???
    Had a look through the threads and can't find it, sure I did though, so it's either been deleted or this b***** wait is really getting to me.

i agree there will be >1 admin staff, but if it's the head of admissions maybe they have to wait
    My money's on rejections tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Had a look through the threads and can't find it, sure I did though, so it's either been deleted or this b***** wait is really getting to me.

i agree there will be >1 admin staff, but if it's the head of admissions maybe they have to wait

I can't stand this wait. All my unis are taking forever to get back. I mean as long as I get just one offer. I will be so happy.

ReputationRep:

Well it's certainly possible. In previous years they did have the Head of Admissions reviewing every application before it got sent out as a rejection or offer.

You're not going insane, someone did post it earlier.

ReputationRep:

I can't stand this wait. All my unis are taking forever to get back. I mean as long as I get just one offer. I will be so happy.
    I'm sure you will. All you need is one!

ReputationRep:
    Hell I'll be happy with one interview. At least that's progress.

ReputationRep:
    I've got one at Leicester in Jan and I don't see myself as the strongest applicant. I've only got Bio as a science at A2 and my ukcat is pants. So hold out hope - things will hopefully start moving for everyone post Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJK91)
    Looking like we won't be hearing back today then? Does anyone remember if they liked rejecting in the afternoon last year?
    If I remember correctly, they rejected up until about 3pm. If you made it past 3pm, you'd live to fight another day. Soon it became more about surviving past 3pm than actually receiving an invite...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santi_92)
    If I remember correctly, they rejected up until about 3pm. If you made it past 3pm, you'd live to fight another day. Soon it became more about surviving past 3pm than actually receiving an invite...
    This year, didn't someone get rejected around 6pm?

ReputationRep:
    This year, didn't someone get rejected around 6pm?
    That's new. Last year I'm fairly certain it was around 3pm and they just sent out rejection in dribs and drabs. I didn't get my rejection until after the new year, the day they started sending out invites. Hopefully this year is kinder to us all, but with the Warwick are being right now, I'm doubtful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by santi_92)
    That's new. Last year I'm fairly certain it was around 3pm and they just sent out rejection in dribs and drabs. I didn't get my rejection until after the new year, the day they started sending out invites. Hopefully this year is kinder to us all, but with the Warwick are being right now, I'm doubtful.
    I am pretty sure I read a comment saying: "I just got rejected now" at around 6pm. If you get rejected I probably will because we have the same UKCAT average (I know this because I stalked your profile, sorry).

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure I read a comment saying: "I just got rejected now" at around 6pm. If you get rejected I probably will because we have the same UKCAT average (I know this because I stalked your profile, sorry).
    I guess they're doing it differently this year (I was referring to last year's process). Haha, that's alright. I think most people have stalked most people For now, no news is good news so hopefully we'll get invites soon.

ReputationRep:
    [-QUOTE=santi_92;52039415]I guess they're doing it differently this year (I was referring to last year's process). Haha, that's alright. I think most people have stalked most people For now, no news is good news so hopefully we'll get invites soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm switching my phone off until 3pm tomorrow's because I need to focus at work
    This application process is giving me heart palpitations!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the email address they're using to send rejections/interviews out from? I'm adding them all to my safe senders list, just in case. :P

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew if their ukcat cut off would be lower this year given that the average score has gone down quite significantly?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.