Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Guys, Ive read the updated email and they said that theres a problem with a LINK in the email, not the email itself.

Our interview could be genuine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I applied to the grad course and I did get an interview. I didnt get the email saying that there was an error with the link :s

ReputationRep:
    Someone on the Medicine Applicants 2015 thread said they called up the Admissions office at Imperial, and they said the interview invites were genuine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnushkasHero)
    I applied to the grad course and I did get an interview. I didnt get the email saying that there was an error with the link :s
    Hey, congrats on interview! If you don't mind me asking, what was your BMAT score?

ReputationRep:
    Im proper baffled... I got 3 emails by imps today.. one about generic admission info, one about invite to interview information (without an actual invite???) and one with the "link doesnt work" crap

I applied to imperial last year with 5.9 5.5 3A and i got an interview invite in late Jan.
    The only people who got an interview invite in december where those in band 1.
    It makes absolute no sense to invite for interview band 2/3 applicants first (i got 5.9 5.9 3A this year so im band 2) so I genuinely think the email is *******s. The whole point of the banding system is to prioritise the interview order!!

bad error on imperials behalf..i can't believe they are leaving us hanging without clarifying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitions)
    Im proper baffled... I got 3 emails by imps today.. one about generic admission info, one about invite to interview information (without an actual invite???) and one with the "link doesnt work" crap

I applied to imperial last year with 5.9 5.5 3A and i got an interview invite in late Jan.
    It makes absolute no sense to invite for interview band 2/3 applicants first (i got 5.9 5.9 3A this year so im band 2) so I genuinely think the email is *******s. The whole point of the banding system is to prioritise the interview order!!

bad error on imperials behalf..i can't believe they are leaving us hanging without clarifying
    Generic admissions info? What does it look like?

ReputationRep:

I thought the same but I just can't believe they could have made such a blunder...

ReputationRep:
    What does your guys' broken link email say?

ReputationRep:
    Did any of you guys get through and actually book an interview slot??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iulz)
    Hey, congrats on interview! If you don't mind me asking, what was your BMAT score?
    Hi Thank you! I dont want to say what I got exactly but it was a very average score so I thought that I would get rejected. But as I said, I applied to the grad course so maybe they do things differently (this is the first year they are doing it like this)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jungykang)
    Generic admissions info? What does it look like?
    Thank you for your application to Imperial College London to study A100 Medicine (MBBS & BSc 6YFT) in the academic year 2015/2016

Admission to Imperial is highly competitive, each year we receive a very large number of applications from excellent candidates, and we are delighted that you have chosen to apply to us!

All applications receive fair and equal consideration and we aim to make decisions as soon as possible following receipt of your application. You can check your application status at any time on UCAS Track at http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/track/

Whilst the formal decision on your application will be communicated to you via UCAS, if you are made an offer we will also send a letter to you. You will receive other communication from us which will normally be sent to you by email. It is important, therefore, that you ensure that you add @imperial.ac.uk to your list of approved senders and that you check your inbox on a regular basis. If you change your email address, postal address or telephone number, please update this information immediately on UCAS Track.

We are committed to providing significant financial support to all eligible home students through our Imperial Bursary scheme. To see if you may qualify for help please go to our financial calculator www.imperial.ac.uk/studentfinance/calculator. Further information is available at http://www.imperial.ac.uk/studentfin...tiveugstudents or you can contact the Student Financial Support team if you have any funding questions.

If you have any questions regarding your application please email your Admissions Team, who will be happy to assist you. Contact details can be found here: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/...cts#admissions Please remember to include your name and UCAS Personal ID number in your email.

Thank you for your interest in studying at Imperial. I wish you every success with your application.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your application to Imperial College London to study A100 Medicine (MBBS & BSc 6YFT) in the academic year 2015/2016

Admission to Imperial is highly competitive, each year we receive a very large number of applications from excellent candidates, and we are delighted that you have chosen to apply to us!

All applications receive fair and equal consideration and we aim to make decisions as soon as possible following receipt of your application. You can check your application status at any time on UCAS Track at http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/track/

Whilst the formal decision on your application will be communicated to you via UCAS, if you are made an offer we will also send a letter to you. You will receive other communication from us which will normally be sent to you by email. It is important, therefore, that you ensure that you add @imperial.ac.uk to your list of approved senders and that you check your inbox on a regular basis. If you change your email address, postal address or telephone number, please update this information immediately on UCAS Track.

We are committed to providing significant financial support to all eligible home students through our Imperial Bursary scheme. To see if you may qualify for help please go to our financial calculator www.imperial.ac.uk/studentfinance/calculator. Further information is available at www.imperial.ac.uk/studentfinance/prospectiveugstudents or you can contact the Student Financial Support team if you have any funding questions.

If you have any questions regarding your application please email your Admissions Team, who will be happy to assist you. Contact details can be found here: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/...cts#admissions Please remember to include your name and UCAS Personal ID number in your email.

Thank you for your interest in studying at Imperial. I wish you every success with your application.
    Thanks!
    Hmmm.... Interesting... the last email i got was from Uche Amaka C. Anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understaaaaaaand I got the same interview invite information emails too but my BMAT was so low it was probably borderline cut off....this doesn't make any sense!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hen4r)
    I don't understaaaaaaand I got the same interview invite information emails too but my BMAT was so low it was probably borderline cut off....this doesn't make any sense!
    What was it? Congrats btw!

ReputationRep:
    I got a different email which read: (this was followed up with an email saying the link was broken or something)

I am emailing you to let you know that Imperial College London has just sent you an Invite to Interview to potentially study Medicine. If you have not received this email please look in your Junk/Spam folder as your system settings may have filtered it away from your inbox.

Please read all the information contained in the email as well as the interview selection survey as this information is designed to support you in your choices as well as providing information regarding your interview day.

Congratulations on getting to this stage and we look forward to receiving your interview choices within the next 7 days.

Kind regards,

Griffin Ryder (Mr)
    Admissions Officer

ReputationRep:
    I just got an 'official' email inviting me to interview, but when i tried to click the link it malfunctioned and wouldnt work.

So I called them up and they said theres been another mistake with the sending out of links for booking interviews

I also asked whether the interview invites were legitimate or a mistake and they just said 'we cannot confirm it' so the interview invites might not be real then?

ReputationRep:
    Its legit! I can now say it! Interview at Imperial

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They're definately real interviews I just called them

ReputationRep:
    Please accept our apologies for the previous technical issues surrounding the self-select interview process which have now been resolved.

We have now completed our shortlisting of Medicine applications and would like to invite you for interview.

By clicking on the link below you will be directed to a survey site which will enable you to select the preferred month, date and time of your interview as well as whether you would like to take part in a campus tour prior to your interview.

Before making any month, date and time selections please ensure that you are available as re-sheduling may not always be possible.

Please note that this link is only active for 7 days and will expire at 12:00 noon, Wednesday 10th December 2014 and if you have not made your selection by then you will not be able to submit and we may not be able to provide you with an interview.

We look forward to meeting you in the near future.

But the link doesn't work? ........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harry_kyr)
    Please accept our apologies for the previous technical issues surrounding the self-select interview process which have now been resolved.

We have now completed our shortlisting of Medicine applications and would like to invite you for interview.

By clicking on the link below you will be directed to a survey site which will enable you to select the preferred month, date and time of your interview as well as whether you would like to take part in a campus tour prior to your interview.

Before making any month, date and time selections please ensure that you are available as re-sheduling may not always be possible.

Please note that this link is only active for 7 days and will expire at 12:00 noon, Wednesday 10th December 2014 and if you have not made your selection by then you will not be able to submit and we may not be able to provide you with an interview.

We look forward to meeting you in the near future.

But the link doesn't work? ........
    Same. I clicked on it once, at the moment it got sent to see what it looked like and it worked then i closed it. Then ten minutes later I checked again and it didn't work

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.