When will Brendan Rodgers be sacked? Watch

zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
He's done enough since Christmas to warrant another year. Credit where its due because they looked absolutely dire before then. He needs to do much better with his summer recruitment though, Can has been a very good signing but the others have been dreadful and a complete waste of money.

I'd say they need a RB, CB, 2 strikers, a CM and another keeper

Posted from TSR Mobile
TBF, his signings haven't turned out that bad.

Lallana, Markovic and Can have been decent signings I reckon.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The worrying thing about Rodgers has been his lack of tactical pragmatism this season thus far. Maybe it's because of the lack of players at his disposal, or because of the lack of coaching time on the pitch, but aside from Suarez's sensational form last season and the rise of the SAS, the thing which impressed everyone was Rodgers' tactical versatility and attacking intent.

We seem devoid of that this season. We have no plan B really, and we certainly were found out by LVG yesterday. LVG's a man completely at ease with 3-4-3 - he's played it and mastered it - so it baffled me Rodgers didn't attempt to alter things slightly to catch him off guard. They'd have had a week to prepare against that system on the pitch, and they were on top of us from minute one.

The lack of goals hasn't helped us this season. Even when beating teams, we should have been scoring more. Swansea at home is the only time we've been truly rampant - and one of those goals was an own goal, and one was a goal kick which rebound luckily into the Kop net.

We need to change things somehow, and I don't know if that's going for two up top. Whether that's Sturridge and Balotelli (who shone against Spurs together in August before doing the same against Besiktas at home last month, and then Spurs and Palace) or Sturridge and Sterling (with the latter in a Suarez-esque role which emphasises his quality rather than shunting him at right wing-back) remains to be figured out.
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
A poor performance today from Liverpool, they've been poor all season aside from one game. Their success last season was mostly down to Suarez as well as the vast changes & upheaval at all of the sides around them. Rodgers didn't have much to do with it.

Rodgers is being found out this season, he doesn't know how to get the best out of his players. His man management of Sterling has been poor, and he has looked a shadow of the player who was tearing up the league last season. The arguments with Hodgson give the impression of a manager who is cracking under pressure.

His tactics and formations are baffling, when his side was struggling today his only answer was to take off the Welsh Xavi and replace him with a player he's tried to sell for 2 years. He persists with the likes of Balotelli & Johnson whilst benching superior players, and I haven't even started on how **** their defence is yet.

Despite spending £120m this summer it's hard to identify a good signing, he seems unable to persuade quality players to come and play for him. Valdes should have been wrapped up months ago, instead it looks like he'd rather sit on the Man United bench.

Last year, Rodgers said that a side who spent £100m should be challenging for the title. Liverpool look a million miles away from that the moment. Sturridge coming back won't fix all their problems. I think the problem is to do with the manager.

I think he'll be sacked before the end of the season. The American owners sacked a club legend following a season where he reached 2 cup finals, they will not hesitate to pull the trigger.
Poor attempt at a troll.

He's doing just fine kiddo.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unless Liverpool used their Geass to convince Simeone/Klopp to come in (along with the incentive of a higher wage), Rodgers is as good as Liverpool can get.

Edit: Just realised Klopp is on good money!
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Edit: Just realised Klopp is on good money!
How much? Got a link? There was information floating around the net a while ago about managers' wages. Wasn't Hodgson in, like, the top five?
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dodgypirate)
Poor attempt at a troll.

Poor attempt at a troll.

I'm pretty sure no Liverpool fans would have classed 5th in the league and completely failing in the CL as "just fine" at the start of the season.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
How much? Got a link? There was information floating around the net a while ago about managers' wages. Wasn't Hodgson in, like, the top five?
Google says Klopp's on 4-5mil. Thought he was on like half of that.
UniMastermindBOSS
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Poor attempt at a troll.

I'm pretty sure no Liverpool fans would have classed 5th in the league and completely failing in the CL as "just fine" at the start of the season.
Liverpool fans: "Don't care about the CL..." (after being knocked out by Basel)
Liverpool fans: "Don't care about the EL..." (after being knocked out by Besiktas)
Liverpool fans: "Don't care about the EPL..." (after realising they have no shot at winning it for a long time)
drewBusby
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think it will be downhill for liverpool if they don't qualify for the CL.
Even with the CL they could only attract the likes of lambert and lallana.
Next year I think you guys will be fighting with southampton, spurs and everton for 5th place.
Dodgypirate
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Poor attempt at a troll.

I'm pretty sure you're mistaken.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Google says Klopp's on 4-5mil. Thought he was on like half of that.
That is quite a surprise given the fact they've been known to be quite frugal with their players.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is quite a surprise given the fact they've been known to be quite frugal with their players.
Just as I made my post last night, Simeone decides to renew his contract.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just as I made my post last night, Simeone decides to renew his contract.
That's great stuff for Atleti. He's got the makings of something so good there. They are so good over two legs, too. Anything can happen in the CL quarter-finals, of course, but Atleti edged them in the Copa Del Rey and I can see a repeat of that being on the cards, especially given the furore surrounding Ancelotti's position and Bale's form.

I think Simeone is probably destined to be Mourinho's successor rather than Wenger's personally. I can't see the Arsenal board being particularly enamoured with his ways.
theviper1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Perhaps next season if he fails to get into Europe and has bad form.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm pretty sure you're mistaken.
x
Mackay at the start of the season would you have accepted the season you're currently having as "just fine"?
Dodgypirate
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
Liverpool fans: "Don't care about the CL..." (after being knocked out by Basel)
Liverpool fans: "Don't care about the EL..." (after being knocked out by Besiktas)
Liverpool fans: "Don't care about the EPL..." (after realising they have no shot at winning it for a long time)

Man U fans were the same, Spuds were the same, Arsenal fans ditto ... that joke is deader than your gran.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Mackay at the start of the season would you have accepted the season you're currently having as "just fine"?
No. I wouldn't have settled for 5th place and out of the CL at the group stage. Not a chance.

That said, the mitigating circumstances of Sturridge's injury, our form pre-Christmas and our run post-December, and I'm altogether more content tbh.
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
Poor attempt at a troll.

This

(Original post by drewBusby)
I think it will be downhill for liverpool if they don't qualify for the CL.
Even with the CL they could only attract the likes of lambert and lallana.
Next year I think you guys will be fighting with southampton, spurs and everton for 5th place.
Don't think it will get that bad for them, can't see any of their current crop of players leaving in the summer, maybe Sterling over his contract.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by difeo)
No. I wouldn't have settled for 5th place and out of the CL at the group stage. Not a chance.

That said, the mitigating circumstances of Sturridge's injury, our form pre-Christmas and our run post-December, and I'm altogether more content tbh.
I think people would have taken finishing 4th as just fine or winning the EL (i.e. getting CL football). Looks unlikely now and that's below acceptable for me. We had a lot of money to spend in the summer and we did it badly in the end. Yes there were a lot of mitigating circumstances like Mackay set out but it's not enough.

Pros: Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson and Sakho having improved. Also mention to Ibe for improving on loan.
Can proving to be a good signing and developing.

Cons: Money wasted on Balotelli who hasn't fitted into the squad. The amount of money wasted on Lallana and Lovren relative to their output. The money spent on Markovic for the future when we needed something now.
Not being able to sell Borini for £14mil and then not playing him when we had injuries.
Johnson and Enrique tailing off too quickly.

Indifference: Lambert signing, Moreno signing. Flanagan and Sturridge with long term injuries which have stalled their progress. Allen's minor improvement. Lucas being fit/injured too often.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Poor attempt at a troll.

This thread is from November, kiddo.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.69%
No - but I will (100)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (622)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise