The Student Room Group

HM treasury Policy Advisor Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

I just applied today, has anyone completed the online test? If so, what is it? How hard? Any tips? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Nehemiah'sFaith
I just applied today, has anyone completed the online test? If so, what is it? How hard? Any tips? Thanks in advance.

I don't think anyone is at online testing stage. They haven't got that far. First they will have an eligibility sift. :tongue:
Today is the day we will find out whether we have passed the sift! Good luck everyone!
Has anyone been contacted about the next stage? I didn't get an email and my status still says "Under Review".. **sighh - I guess I didn't make it pass the sift huh**

"Thank you very much for submitting your application for the Policy Adviser role with HM Treasury. We are currently completing the final part of the eligibility sift and should you pass this stage, we will be in contact with you w/c 16th November with details regarding the next steps...."
Reply 164
Has anyone been contacted about the next stage? I didn't get an email and my status still says "Under Review".. **sighh - I guess I didn't make it pass the sift huh**

"Thank you very much for submitting your application for the Policy Adviser role with HM Treasury. We are currently completing the final part of the eligibility sift and should you pass this stage, we will be in contact with you w/c 16th November with details regarding the next steps...."

I haven't either and I made it through the sift last year so don't see why I wouldn't this year, it does say week commencing - not on the 16th, so maybe give them another day or two!

I wouldn't make that assumption at all. It says week commencing the 16th November, which means we might not hear back until Friday.

I haven't heard anything either anyway.
Reply 166
Has anyone heard anything yet? I still haven't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Merah
Has anyone heard anything yet? I still haven't

Posted from TSR Mobile

No me neither. Think they're gonna have to start pushing back their weekly deadlines now - the first test is supposed to be done by Friday.
I have been contacted as I didnt provide enough details required for the eligibility sift.

They said to me that the majority of candidates will get the invite to the situational judgement test tomorrow but I might not get the invite until early next week, given they need to look at my application again.
Anybody STILL waiting to hear back from them?

They said we'd hear this week but it's only a few hours until the end of Friday?
Reply 170
Yep I'm still waiting too. I gave them a call and they said we should receive it this afternoon, if not then on Monday, and that we get 5 working days to complete it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Merah
Yep I'm still waiting too. I gave them a call and they said we should receive it this afternoon, if not then on Monday, and that we get 5 working days to complete it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you log in, what does it say on your application? Mine has completely gone! It just says I've registered as interested :frown:

I have no idea if I should pester them about it or just wiat
Reply 172
Original post by Historicity
When you log in, what does it say on your application? Mine has completely gone! It just says I've registered as interested :frown:

I have no idea if I should pester them about it or just wiat

Mine does the same!!! When I log in it doesn't show me my application or anything! DAMMIT TREASURY
Original post by ceryss
Mine does the same!!! When I log in it doesn't show me my application or anything! DAMMIT TREASURY

Not to be awful but that makes me feel a bit better. For a second I thought it'd wiped my application off or something :P

I was saving backups of their emails thanking me for submitting it like I HAVE PROOF DAMMIT.

For such an important and popular scheme, and for suck a slick website, their internal application system doesn't half look and act like it was put together in about 4 days by a first year undergrad in comp sci.
Reply 174
Original post by Historicity
Not to be awful but that makes me feel a bit better. For a second I thought it'd wiped my application off or something :P

I was saving backups of their emails thanking me for submitting it like I HAVE PROOF DAMMIT.

For such an important and popular scheme, and for suck a slick website, their internal application system doesn't half look and act like it was put together in about 4 days by a first year undergrad in comp sci.

Oh my god I did exactly the same thing. I was drafting an email like I RECEIVED YOUR CONFIRMATION AT PRECISELY 4:37PM ON THE 18TH OF OCTOBER.

Yeah their system looks like it's older than I am tbh
just got the invitation to the situational judgment test
Reply 176
Oh my god they've actually started sending emails
Original post by ceryss
Oh my god I did exactly the same thing. I was drafting an email like I RECEIVED YOUR CONFIRMATION AT PRECISELY 4:37PM ON THE 18TH OF OCTOBER.

Yeah their system looks like it's older than I am tbh

Just got an invite. I'll be quiet now.

Thank you for submitting your application for the PolicyAdviser role with HM Treasury.
After completing the eligibility sift, we aredelighted to inform you that you have been selected to proceed to the nextstage of the recruitment process which is to complete an online SituationalJudgement test
Anybody taken the test yet? I just took the situational one and got an email asking me to take the verbal and numerical one.

It says I now have to wait up to five days to be sent a link :/
Reply 179
So I guess everyone gets sent the link to the numerical and verbal tests at the same time (in 5 days time), even though you get an immediate confirmation of whether you've passed the situational judgment test as soon as you submit it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending