Should white people pay black people money for unpaid work from slavery? Watch

The Juan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Viceroy)
So all black people exhibit signs of transgenerational trauma? Even those who have no ancestral connection to slavery? Do all Jews exhibit this, too, because some of us have family who survived the Holocaust? Are these reasons why all white Americans or Germans should pay reparations to blacks or Jews, respectively?
If you read my previous posts you would of seen how this genetic disorder is exclusive to the African make up
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why should we pay for something we haven't even participated in?
MrMango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I take it you're talking about yourself in the third person.

Really nice.
I'll give you that one, was abit of a giggler.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MrMango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
its funny because the average black male in America has white DNA somewhere from rape of slaves.. etc my great great grandad was white from Ireland.. so if you pay me 10mil, I'll pay 0.2% for my great great grandads role.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrMango)
its funny because the average black male in America has white DNA somewhere from rape of slaves.. etc my great great grandad was white from Ireland.. so if you pay me 10mil, I'll pay 0.2% for my great great grandads role.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You haven't sued me yet...
Viceroy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by The Juan)
If you read my previous posts you would of seen how this genetic disorder is exclusive to the African make up
I read about transgenerational trauma (if that's what you're talking about -- You've haven't been specific). It is not exclusive to African-Americans.

And it's "would have" not "would of."
The Juan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I read about transgenerational trauma (if that's what you're talking about -- You've haven't been specific). It is not exclusive to African-Americans.

And it's "would have" not "would of."
It is exclusive to those of African descent
Viceroy
Rep:
?
As I just wrote, transgenerational trauma is not exclusive to those of African descent. The disorder was first identified as something called "concentration camp syndrome" and was displayed in children of those who had survived ghettos and concentration camps during WW2. Also, it is a disorder that is generally displayed in the children of those who have experienced traumatic experiences, not those separated by hundreds of years of history.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ss-generations
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
But you didn't back it up with anything. Those posts are worth just as much as me saying "you're wrong". Care to provide evidence?
Mick.w
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think white people should become slaves for black people.

but like really polite british slaves that get in queues and say sorry all the time.
Rubysmith
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is this actually serious.
Of course they shouldnt!!! the people responsible for causing slavery in the past are dead. The people you see today are different. We live a new era where things like that are frowned upon. They shouldnt have to pay for...im seriously hoping this is a troll. If you want your money go to the graveyard!

This is coming from a tired black girl by the way.
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What about the indians and our tonnes of jewels and gold, while we're at it?
MrMango
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheBBQ)
What about the indians and our tonnes of jewels and gold, while we're at it?
true that they owe everyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefulbunny
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No they are not, many of my family branches have family crests that date 600 years ago so I am fully aware of those who participated in such actions. There is no doubt though that your ancestors engaged in the slave trade.
Our ancestors roamed the shrubland of Africa together.
More recently some of my ancestors hearded reindeer in the north of Scandinavia.
One, on a different branch, was put in prison because his government didn't approve of a book which he wrote.
My blood relations are scattered across every continent. Some are less tanned than others.
We have many ancestors. I couldn't vouch for the moral purity of any of them.
Hopefulbunny
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
in 1998 Yoweri Museveni, the president of Uganda, told an audience including Bill Clinton: "African chiefs were the ones waging war on each other and capturing their own people and selling them. If anyone should apologise it should be the African chiefs. We still have those traitors here even today."
Viceroy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hopefulbunny)
in 1998 Yoweri Museveni, the president of Uganda, told an audience including Bill Clinton: "African chiefs were the ones waging war on each other and capturing their own people and selling them. If anyone should apologise it should be the African chiefs. We still have those traitors here even today."
I reckon the goal should be to take steps to alleviate racial tensions, not dredge up the past through reparation policies (not that that would ever happen, quite honestly). The horrible policy brutality towards black men is one issue that desperately needs addressing throughout the US, particularly in big cities like NY, LA, and Chicago.
ORogers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, 'white people' should not pay the entire set of reparations because 'white people' are not exclusively responsible for the slave trade. Anyway, what relevance do assyrians and kurds have to the slave trade? I'm going to predict that you also believe that white->black discrimination and prejudice is also the only type of racism there is.
Hopefulbunny
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That'd be all of us
ORogers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hopefulbunny)
That'd be all of us
No it wouldn't. Africans and Europeans for instance have very few genetic similarlities (i.e there is no neanderthal blood in Africans) which makes our subset of the species (assuming you're also white and European) distinct from the African subset (and even then, that's actually a greater subset due to the massive size of Africa).
Skip_Snip
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrMango)
You wat mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought that sounded like BS, but a quick (and I mean very quick, maybe the top search results are also BS) google makes it seem like neanderthal DNA is not present in Africans ... surely that's a pile of *******s though?!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (278)
37.93%
No - but I will (53)
7.23%
No - I don't want to (53)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (349)
47.61%

Watched Threads