Eurovision Song Contest Society 2015 Watch

Genesis2703
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Apparently the German singer who did win isn't very healthy, and something was definitely up with him. For example he apparently swore at some of the spectators during the rehearsal or something :s

The German song is decent, but I feel it will be forgotten due to all the women this year!

Unlike last year, I cannot find any last minute spoilers that strongly indicate who will represent us. I've been a bit busy recently so I can't say that I've checked!

Only listened to the first 3 of the portuguese songs, but it is important to note that Simone de Oliveira represented Portugal in 1965 AND 1969, so maybe her old fame may give her the victory again? :P

Linus, Kristin, Dinah to win their duels. I really dislike both songs in duel 4 so I don't really care. (I'd actually much prefer Dolly Style and Dinah not to be duelling each other, as they are 2 of the strongest songs imo in this second chance round) :/

EDIT: Nice to see the Metro saying how Swedens selection is so much better than ours (which is 100% true!!!)

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/07/what-c...inner-5087624/
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It's been announced that Electro Velvet will represent the United Kingdom at Eurovision 2015 with the song Still in Love With You

Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm ngl whilst that song was pretty good in my eyes... isn't it (yet again) a bit out of touch genre-wise.

On about the UK song btw, it was just on BBC Red Button.
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What the hell is the BBC thinking?! I hate the song, I don't like the singers and that music video was terrible! Zéro points pour le Royaume-Uni.
mikec47
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I personally think it's awful.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As has already been said, we are being represented by Electro Velvet with "Still in love with you"

This song is god awful on first listen, only song worse thus far is Finland..... which won't qualify. I would not be surprised if we came last this year (or even if we got 0 points)

I'm so so so so so so disappointed
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
On the bright side, it's not a ballad!

*cries*
26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just can't, like wtf, the BBC said this about the song before the reveal "ultimately, one song stood out as having both instant impact and real memory staying power" ummmm....

Posted from TSR Mobile
26december
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Another year, another right side of the scoreboard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stiff Little Fingers
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dunno why people are complaining about that song - love the 20's swing vibe to it. Will finish low again, but that's because the voting is more political than merit-based.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not 100% convinced on the lyrics but the music I loved!!!
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ManicPumpkin)
On the bright side, it's not a ballad!

*cries*
Indeed, that is the only hope we have for standing out in a positive way. The BBC is horrible at staging though, so I still have very low hopes.

I've shown the song to a few friends. The only one who likes it is a guy who listens to 70s/80s music all the time, not that it is a bad thing in itself. It does mean the song is not for Eurovision nowadays.

I honestly hope in May I don't see the usual posts of "omg why does no country like us, we will never win because of politics!!!!!!" this year. Because if we do badly (a big if indeed) it will be because of a bad song

I'll be positive though and say I quite like the lady of the duo, and some parts of the music aren't too bad
Snufkin
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Dunno why people are complaining about that song - love the 20's swing vibe to it. Will finish low again, but that's because the voting is more political than merit-based.
If we finish low it will be because the song is pants, not because of 'political' voting.
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
The song is starting to grow on me!

Nah, political voting doesn't exist. It's Cultural Voting. Obviously Norway will vote for Sweden and Serbia will vote for Montenegro because they have similar music tastes. Lest you forget the UK came 5th in 2009 and 5th in the televoting in 2011 when we actually sent decent songs!
LKSmith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't like the song at all -.- I'm so disappointed. I have been waiting forever for this :'
Brandon_97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can't decide if I like it or not haha, it's a strange one! I think I like it though, it's... different :')
26december
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seriously, if you still believe that political voting exists then just don't even go there!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
justagurl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At least, we know for sure that no matter what... the United Kingdom shall fail.
cBay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like it tbh. Most songs we send are just bland and forgettable, at least this is something a bit different.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
On a more happy note maybe, Portugal have finished Festival da Canção 2015 and will send Leonor Andrade with " Há um mar que nos separa"

Nice long song title there. It's not a bad song by any means, something about the instrumental and her voice in the chorus feels a bit wrong. Portugal is in the weaker semi final though so at the moment I would not mind this qualifying. And it is better than the song we had to listen to earlier
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed