The Official 2015 Oxford Decisions Thread Watch

powelsmartin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by oskarwithak)
So my mum went to the LSE and is an LSE fanatic, but she always told me that LSE's employability strengths lie in certain degrees. Some are very strong (Economics, Management etc.), whilst others are weaker (she's always made fun of LSE Law).

LSE Phil. + Eco. is great, but really all it's doing, and trying to do, is to copy something that Oxford is famous for, and rightly so: PPE.

PPE at Oxford is PPE at Oxford. Nothing in that field resonates so strongly with employers.

At the end of the day though, it's up to you. Do you want to get straight into the high-octane London lifestyle, or enjoy a weird academic utopia for four years before working? Do you think you'll work well in the tutorial system, or are you indifferent? Have you gone through the comprehensive course lists for both programmes?

At the end of the day though, the right choice is the one that you make.
Thank you for your input!

I have heard employers (and current students) make fun of Oxford PPE also...

I think that I can cope well on my own academically - I have been quite successfully teaching myself A level philosophy. Isn't this "academic utopia" one of the reasons why Oxford is worse regarded with employers? Also the LSE course looks much more interesting because it has much more relevant content to the current situation.

So I think I will choose LSE.

Martin
oskarwithak
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're focussed on LSE, then you're the sort of person who will have an awesome time there.
indigorain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by personage)
What do you like best about LMH, and why did you choose it?
I went on the UNIQ summer school and one of the mentors there showed us round. I really like the location - nice and peaceful but not too out of the way. It's pretty big but not too big, and I like the ethos that holds a particular emphasis on equality.So I guess what I like best is the overall atmosphere which sums up those things
Idontknowi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MollyGM)
Subject: Classics and English (4 yrs)
College: Oriel
Outcome: Offer
Conditions: AAA
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): letter
How do you feel? happy but unsure whether the pressure/workload would be too much to handle
Country / hometown: North Devon

Another Oriel classicist! hi!
joaniewuxy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
College: St Peter's
Subject: Chemistry
Outcome: unconditional offer
How did u hear: email
How do u feel: very happy! I can't believe it!
Bobob2809
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well done didn't get in first time...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.27%
No (656)
72.73%

Watched Threads