Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a Muslim? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you date a Muslim?
    Yes
    27.50%
    Yes (only that they respects my views)
    18.93%
    Not Sure
    7.50%
    No My family would be worried
    2.50%
    No we would have nothing in common
    6.43%
    100% No
    37.14%

ReputationRep:
    It is really disgusting to see an option suggesting "my family would be worried" in such a website.

ReputationRep:
    100% no. But then again 100% no dating a Christian or anyone else who has an imaginary daddy in the sky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 061194)
    Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?
    Sure I would. If I got to know the said Muslim and they were alright, and got to know their family, and my relative didn't travel to any Islamic countries, I wouldn't be so concerned though. I would if I just heard "X is with a Muslim".

(Original post by High Stakes)
    Okay, I think someone has to ask this. Why?

And please don't come out with a generalization, like he's going to be a rapist or terrorist that was pretending to date you in the name of Jihad. lol
    I'm not saying all Muslims are evil murderous terrorists, there are nice people among them for sure but as a group they seem dangerous. My Muslim partner might be OK (although he'd have not to follow his religion to be a good person lol, would have to be from a Muslim background and not follow the religion too closely I guess) but what about his family? What if someone decides to throw some acid into my face or something for not being Muslim-y enough? I wouldn't convert to Islam either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    I understand, but my parents would be upset if I didn't wear my hijab.
    This is actually quite interesting and shocking to hear. Are you saying that you wouldn't wear it if your parents didn't mind? Personally I think that everyone has their own choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    I would never date a practicing Muslim, but I could date someone who came from a Muslim background.
    Pretty much this. I beleive in sex before marriage, equal rights for women, modern lifestyle, the choice to wear what you like, the whole non shooting people who make cartoons thing. I also disagree with halal meat.

So background yes, dresses like a dementor no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Pretty much this. I beleive in sex before marriage, equal rights for women, modern lifestyle, the choice to wear what you like, the whole non shooting people who make cartoons thing. I also disagree with halal meat.

So background yes, dresses like a dementor no.
    States you believe in choice to wear what you like, yet wouldn't date someone who has chosen to dress like a dementor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would any of you date a shia muslim?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    No. On the basis that their beliefs are completely different to mine.

ReputationRep:
    what people dont realise is, everyone is different. im a muslim, but the only things thats really different from the way i act to someone - lets say non religious - is that i dont eat pork. Aside from that i dont act any different. One thing i will say, peopple tend to take my religion too extreme, if they no im a muslim they will always take the stereotype, but admittedly im not a 'proper' muslim in the way i act..so why should i be looked at differently.. more importantly, why should religion be a problem? Its part of who a person is, and if you dont like that about a person, then youre wasting time in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    No. Wouldn't date a practising christian/jew either though.

ReputationRep:
    Probably.. perhaps I'll learn something good for once.

Guys us muslims are not scary, honest lol
    Those who are really religious and do not date will make it obvious.
    Dont judge ALL of us based on our appearance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Espeon196)
    This is actually quite interesting and shocking to hear. Are you saying that you wouldn't wear it if your parents didn't mind? Personally I think that everyone has their own choice.
    No probably not, but not everyone thinks like me so don't assume anything from this

(Original post by 061194)
    Your honest vote.Nothing but the whole truth.
    Yes of course. Someone's view and belief may not match to mine but never the less our personalities could be completely compatable
    You can't disregard a whole religion without getting to know them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    No probably not, but not everyone thinks like me so don't assume anything from this
    What! So what would happen if you decided one day to take it off? And do you wear abaya too with it?

Also you mentioned that you would do dating in your earlier posts. Would your family be fine if you dated someone? Or would there be a negative reaction. Just wondering, sorry for the questions.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone that's saying they would date them as long as they ain't practicing are idiots. They're Muslims for a reasons. So stupid. I'm disappointed to know that the world is still prejudice and hasn't evolved.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been there, done that.

(Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    Been there, done that.

What happened ?

ReputationRep:
    No way. I don't like the idea of being obligated to involuntarily converting to another religion when I know all my heart won't be in it. I'm not very religious either so I would not have much in common with the guy.

ReputationRep:
    75 people said 100% no... this whole thread is just wow- I'm so sick of seeing stupid threads like this. Just because its fashionable to hate muslims at the moment doesn't mean you can't have your own opinion

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.