Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Would anyone be interested in seeing the personal statement I wrote for UNIQ last year? I'm not sure how helpful it'd be but I'd be happy to send it to anyone who's interested. It's actually quite embarrassing looking back at it!
    Hi! It would be great if you could send it to me! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    You can't say you definitely won't get in, you've always got a chance and the deadline isn't for another few days yet
    What are you hoping to apply for, and what are your stats(grades and subjects)?
    That may be a good place to start

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want to apply for medicine, but it's gonna be tough :confused: Ther's only 40 spaces

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be interested in seeing the personal statement I wrote for UNIQ last year? I'm not sure how helpful it'd be but I'd be happy to send it to anyone who's interested. It's actually quite embarrassing looking back at it!
    YES! Please could you send it to me... I'm really stuck!:confused::confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMDog)
    I want to apply for medicine, but it's gonna be tough :confused: Ther's only 40 spaces
    I'm applying for medicine too, so maybe I can help you
    What are your stats, work experience and interests?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My ACORN category is 3 and the type is 22.. im predicted 9A* 2As in GCSEs and thinking about biochem or oncology. Im from northern ireland - does this put me at a disadvantage because they'll have to pay for my flights?
    Im applying next year of course, so are my acorn results good or bad for it? My quantile is 5 somehow (seems wrong).
    Will this look ok and roughly, do i stand a good chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emem2011)
    I'm applying for medicine too, so maybe I can help you
    What are your stats, work experience and interests?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've worked in a dentist for 8 weeks now, I got 7A*s, 2As, 2Bs and an A in OCR AD maths. I literally do nothing outside school :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMDog)
    I've worked in a dentist for 8 weeks now, I got 7A*s, 2As, 2Bs and an A in OCR AD maths. I literally do nothing outside school :confused:
    Well your grades are fab! What are you studying for A Level??
    Having experience with the dentist (especially as it is over a long period too) is so useful- I don't do anything like that! I think it'd be really handy for you to talk about what you've learned through working there. I'm sure you've done quite a bit if you think about it, whether it be inside or outside of school

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm interested in applying for a chemistry or engineering course...does anyone have a UNIQ personal statement I could read? Also..with 6A*s and 5As is it worth applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    Im from northern ireland - does this put me at a disadvantage because they'll have to pay for my flights?
    No it does not put you at an disadvantage. Last year we had 28 students form Northern Ireland attend UNIQ.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the history of art course yesterday and now I'm a little worried it says they require an essay based subject to a2, do you think they would consider religious studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kierand18)
    I applied for the history of art course yesterday and now I'm a little worried it says they require an essay based subject to a2, do you think they would consider religious studies?
    To be fair as long as you write at least one essay in an exam/coursework etc. then I can only presume that it'll be classed as an essay-based subject, if it isn't I'll be shocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannahdeedot)
    Hey, I'm interested in applying for a chemistry or engineering course...does anyone have a UNIQ personal statement I could read? Also..with 6A*s and 5As is it worth applying?
    Yes, I'll PM it to you now! Also, see Chlorophile, he (I presume?) has one on offer also!
    And to your second question, yes it is! Those grades are very strong, better than most people I know who were successful with UNIQ.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could you send me your PS please?

ReputationRep:
    yes may you send it to me please? Can you do it over tsr or would email be better?

ReputationRep:
    I have more than one GCSE that isn't mentioned in the qualification list (Additional Science/Further Additional Science) but I can't have more than one "Other - Not specified" subject because it tells me I have a duplicate GCSE, even though they're separate. Any idea how to remedy this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odjack)
    I have more than one GCSE that isn't mentioned in the qualification list (Additional Science/Further Additional Science) but I can't have more than one "Other - Not specified" subject because it tells me I have a duplicate GCSE, even though they're separate. Any idea how to remedy this?
    I shoved them all in the 'other' box, and I had an email back saying it was fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    I shoved them all in the 'other' box, and I had an email back saying it was fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good idea. I think I might put A*A* for one Science and then use the 'other' qualification for Further Additional GCSE, with a little note explaining it. The website is pretty annoying in that regard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odjack)
    Good idea. I think I might put A*A* for one Science and then use the 'other' qualification for Further Additional GCSE, with a little note explaining it. The website is pretty annoying in that regard.
    Fair enough. I had 6 qualifications that needed to go in the 'others' box, so this wasn't an option for me. I do hope they take all the extra qualifications into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just sent in my application. Good luck to everybody!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying right now (a little late)
    Is it possible for me to see someone's PS for a little guidance?

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.