Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

**** it! I am going to defend Islam! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    You can not deny that some aspects of Islam promote horrible things, murder, racism, sexism. I simply suggest a life that is not within the constraints of flawed religions, which we try to live as peacefully as possible.
    Why does my God have to be defined by someone/something else? And as humans, non of us can ever really know God. Religions are historically nothing but monopolies that want power, and have very little to do with spirituality.

This kills me because even though my knowledge on Islam is not perfect never have I once heard or seen Islam promoting murder, racism or sexism. Our prophet (PBUH) went out of his way to not fight in wars. To not punish the people who went out of their way to make his life miserable. As for racism that is just stupid. Just look at how everyone comes together for hajj (pilgrimage), Our religion is made up of many races so I cant see how Islam promotes racism. And sexism.... where? that is a cultural thing so please don't mix culture with our religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Why does Islam have such a huge violence issue? Every other major religion/culture has almost totally moved away from such barbaric acts, why is it that Islam cannot do the same?
    Sorry but can you be more specific. You've just completely generalised that ISLAM has violence issues. Do u know what ISLAM even means... It's means peace.
    You tell me, is there any religion that exists, which allows violence!!?
    Honestly I think people like u blindly follow the media and believe every word they say. Literally the words they use r so powerful just think! When a non-Muslim commits a barbaric act why do they not use the word TERRORIST? They completely avoid using that word. Do u not c what they're doing to ur minds!!
    If ur statement is based on what u see on Tv like ****ing ISIS then I'm sorry but that just isn't fair!
    Isis are not even Muslims they only CLAIM that they're Muslims and r doing things that a Muslim would NEVER EVER DO!
    Plz understand that, it's really important that u do...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subhastar)
    Sorry but can you be more specific. You've just completely generalised that ISLAM has violence issues. Do u know what ISLAM even means... It's means peace.
    You tell me, is there any religion that exists, which allows violence!!?
    Honestly I think people like u blindly follow the media and believe every word they say. Literally the words they use r so powerful just think! When a non-Muslim commits a barbaric act why do they not use the word TERRORIST? They completely avoid using that word. Do u not c what they're doing to ur minds!!
    If ur statement is based on what u see on Tv like ****ing ISIS then I'm sorry but that just isn't fair!
    Isis are not even Muslims they only CLAIM that they're Muslims and r doing things that a Muslim would NEVER EVER DO!
    Plz understand that, it's really important that u do...
    anyone got anything to say to me.. Ur welcome

ReputationRep:
    Islam does not mean "peace". It means "submission".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    True actually...

ReputationRep:
    just wondering why this advert popped up here ?

Name:  islampostpics.png
Views: 8
Size:  124.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cato the Elder)
    Ur right but I'm not wrong either. Islam is derived from the word 'salema' which means peace and purity AND it also means submission
    Thanks for informing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koolio)
    Those Buddist folk are really nice to the Muslims in Burma aren't they
    But if you compare it globally, muslims top the charts for levels of violence, killing, and terrorism. .

BTW the issue with Burma is more of ethnicity than religion. The Rodhingya's are ethnically different to the majority Burmese. The dispute is similar to Rwanda with the Tutsis and the Hutus.

ReputationRep:
    Ur right but I'm not wrong either. Islam is derived from the word 'salema' which means peace and purity AND it also means submission
    Thanks for informing me
    Islam = Submission (the religion as the way of submission to God).

Salaam = peace (as in 'Asalaamu Aleikum', muslim greeting 'may peace be upon you'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFUR1)
    As the title states I am up for any debates, arguments, confrontations etc, about Islam and anything relating to Islam.

You can say anything you want, ask me anything you want, tell me anything you want and I reply to you and defend Islam (if and when it needs to be).This entire Islam debate (including all of the threads, posts and opinions about Islam and things relating to Islam) on the TSR seems to be very unbalanced. I am here to offer a different perspective on Islam and on any issues relating to Islam to try and make this (big) Muslim debate (which never seems to end) more balanced.

I am not a Muslim!
    finally yay thank for doing this we need more ppl like u

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.