Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    Basically means when you're a pro at integration and you can spot things straight away without doing substitutions.

Don't worry if you can't do this though, I'm a second year at uni and I still can't.
    Ah ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powelsmartin)
    Ah ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Makes most integrals very quick and easy. Practice it if u can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Makes most integrals very quick and easy. Practice it if u can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is there any specific method or technique to it? I find integration pretty straightforward anyway, it's just following set rules, but this sounds quite interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by powelsmartin)
    Is there any specific method or technique to it? I find integration pretty straightforward anyway, it's just following set rules, but this sounds quite interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Its just looking at the power and the function. It really does depend though. Have you got the C4 edexcel book? I believe they cover it in there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is like say you had
    x/(x^2+3)
    This is in a good form cause if we consider y=1/2(ln(x^2+3)) we find this is the solution. This method can stretch so far and really does help shorten alot of integrals in the papers. This is in C4 edexcel book btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    +C aswell lol 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woo c4 thread 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is like say you had
    x/(x^2+3)
    This is in a good form cause if we consider y=1/2(ln(x^2+3)) we find this is the solution. This method can stretch so far and really does help shorten alot of integrals in the papers. This is in C4 edexcel book btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah standard patterns you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just started my revision

ReputationRep:
    :eek::eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is there still enough time to revise c4? I've just started doing papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lam12)
    Is there still enough time to revise c4? I've just started doing papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    everything has time, you just need to make time. Plus we havent even finished c4 syllabus yet haha but i try do the questions we have learnt so that's okay. You will definitely be ready in time for the exam. ITS ON JUNE 16TH!! haha thats ages away.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    Started my c4 revision; I did a couple hours yesterday of partial fractions and 2/3 of chapter 2...hoping to finish parametric integration and binomial stuff today!

Also I'm using the CGP complete revision book instead of the standard textbook, does anyone else use it? The questions for each topic are more varied and not repetitive...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Has anyone had a look at the June 2014 paper yet? (They're up on the website now). Tough paper, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Has anyone had a look at the June 2014 paper yet? (They're up on the website now). Tough paper, right?
    Yep I did it. Yes it is tough conpared to others. I did well in it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yep I did it. Yes it is tough conpared to others. I did well in it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Blimey, well done

ReputationRep:
    Blimey, well done
    They have just changed up the style recently, seriously though I won't be surpirsed if our paper is harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    They have just changed up the style recently, seriously though I won't be surpirsed if our paper is harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed. I don't think it'll jump as much as it did from 2013 to 2014, but it might still be a bit harder. I actually sat the June 2014 paper and a lot of my classmates struggled with it (Mostly predicted A-C) and so dropped a grade overall... so I think if they made it a lot harder wouldn't be accessible to an average student, so... here's hoping it's about the same difficulty or less.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I don't think it'll jump as much as it did from 2013 to 2014, but it might still be a bit harder. I actually sat the June 2014 paper and a lot of my classmates struggled with it (Mostly predicted A-C) and so dropped a grade overall... so I think if they made it a lot harder wouldn't be accessible to an average student, so... here's hoping it's about the same difficulty or less.
    The vectors have been getting harder aswell as parametrics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This probably a really easy qu for most people but, can anyone explain why the purple graph here is correct and not the black graph for the sketch of the parametric curve: x = t^3 y = t^2 ?

Thanks Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1428327427.314747.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  55.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.