The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by All_TheCyanide
And you, my friend, are what we call a "misogynist".

i know
The person using it it is a judgmental ****er that can't mind their own business.
Original post by Maid Marian
I see it like that too. :blush: I would honestly rather die a virgin than have sex with someone I didn't love. I know I'm weird. :moon:

Meh. Love is something that is built over time (I imagine) time full of lots of sex.

Also having casual sex does in no way stops sex being more meaningful with someone you do love later on. Again, I imagine :indiff:
I subscribe to the traditional definition of "slut" but I haven't ever used it openly and I doubt I ever will. I think I subscribe to its derogatory meaning due to a subconscious feeling of spite/jealousy/sexual frustration - ie. I fancy a girl (though I might not realise this at the time) and I feel let down she's sleeping with multiple people as opposed to just me.. though this is only a half truth. I do think of unattractive girls who sleep around as sluts which kind of suggests I think sleeping around with multiple people as morally reprehensible but again this isn't the complete truth as I have the utmost respect for women who are self-confident and sleep around. I think the latter is closer to the truth.

If a girl who subscribes to society's traditional rules concerning promescuity sleeps around, I will consider her a slut but if a girl who doesn't conform to the norm, a goth for example then I would consider her as 'free-spirited' etc.

With men, I don't really care unless I dislike them in which case they're man-whores
Original post by matthewduncan
i know

Should have been swallowed, mate.
Original post by All_TheCyanide
Should have been swallowed, mate.

your right you should have.
bye
Original post by matthewduncan
your right you should have.
bye

*You're.

Awh, misogynistic AND stupid! What surprise!
Original post by queen-bee
What constitutes a girl being called a 'slut' in this day and age and is there a male equivalent?

i've been having heated debates with people about this topic in particular.

I suppose having sex with a lot of people and then advertising it probably is the qualifier. There's promiscuous people, most don't get attention cos they don't have the behaviour that makes it seem like that.
Male equivalent. Hmm.... For some reason, most of the equivalents are all kinda outdated, like "cad" or "libertine". There's nothing to describe it that doesn't make you sound like you're wearing a powdered wig really.
As a living embodiment of the word you should know. :tongue:
Original post by Tina69
It's a girl who sells her body on webcam or wears barely any clothing for the attention of all males. A girl who's low class high maintenance.

this thread is 7 years old, you can check by the right-hand corner that says the date. please only respond to recent threads
the sexual revolution was a way to destroy the family

instead of getting married having sex and have children

you're now 30 something, childness and sleep around
Original post by Putin > Boris
the sexual revolution was a way to destroy the family

instead of getting married having sex and have children

you're now 30 something, childness and sleep around

don't bump old threads

Latest