Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your definition of a slut? Does it even exist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    That's because it's very rare for girls in this day and age to say something like what maid Marian has said.
    Same can be said for men too.
    Well maybe not the "would rather die" bit, but I really don't think it's rare to want to only have sex in loving relationships.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    I didn't start it. You did. See post #58. If you can't even be bothered to check basic facts, why are you even trying to have a discussion with me?
    How is that "starting it"? My follow up comment was based on the quote, whereas your saying was clearly based on prejudices and has no relevance to the real world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lent6)
    Bull**** all of it.

Simple as that
    Prove it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    a woman that has slept with more than 6 people in her life
    makes out with guys she doesnt know in public or at a rave.
    goes on holiday to places like malia,zante and magaluf.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who sleeps around and by doing so damaged relationships or hurts others.

They can be male, female, agender, or no gender. I could care less.

However, I tend to refrain from judging people by their sex lives. It's not really my business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewduncan)
    a woman that has slept with more than 6 people in her life
    makes out with guys she doesnt know in public or at a rave.
    goes on holiday to places like malia,zante and magaluf.
    And you, my friend, are what we call a "misogynist".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All_TheCyanide)
    And you, my friend, are what we call a "misogynist".
    i know

ReputationRep:
    The person using it it is a judgmental ****er that can't mind their own business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    I see it like that too. :blush: I would honestly rather die a virgin than have sex with someone I didn't love. I know I'm weird. :moon:
    Meh. Love is something that is built over time (I imagine) time full of lots of sex.

Also having casual sex does in no way stops sex being more meaningful with someone you do love later on. Again, I imagine :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I subscribe to the traditional definition of "slut" but I haven't ever used it openly and I doubt I ever will. I think I subscribe to its derogatory meaning due to a subconscious feeling of spite/jealousy/sexual frustration - ie. I fancy a girl (though I might not realise this at the time) and I feel let down she's sleeping with multiple people as opposed to just me.. though this is only a half truth. I do think of unattractive girls who sleep around as sluts which kind of suggests I think sleeping around with multiple people as morally reprehensible but again this isn't the complete truth as I have the utmost respect for women who are self-confident and sleep around. I think the latter is closer to the truth.

If a girl who subscribes to society's traditional rules concerning promescuity sleeps around, I will consider her a slut but if a girl who doesn't conform to the norm, a goth for example then I would consider her as 'free-spirited' etc.

With men, I don't really care unless I dislike them in which case they're man-whores

ReputationRep:
    i know
    Should have been swallowed, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All_TheCyanide)
    Should have been swallowed, mate.
    your right you should have.
    bye

ReputationRep:
    your right you should have.
    bye
    *You're.

Awh, misogynistic AND stupid! What surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    What constitutes a girl being called a 'slut' in this day and age and is there a male equivalent?

i've been having heated debates with people about this topic in particular.
    I suppose having sex with a lot of people and then advertising it probably is the qualifier. There's promiscuous people, most don't get attention cos they don't have the behaviour that makes it seem like that.
    Male equivalent. Hmm.... For some reason, most of the equivalents are all kinda outdated, like "cad" or "libertine". There's nothing to describe it that doesn't make you sound like you're wearing a powdered wig really.

ReputationRep:
    As a living embodiment of the word you should know.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.