Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your deepest, darkest secret? watch

I sext a guy a year older than me that I met on the internet repeatedly when I was 13. Done it with 3/4 guys in total.

I'm a bit gay.

I once shoved a plastic snake up 'there'.

I lost my virginity to my boyfiend after just a month and a half just after I turned 18.

ANON OR DELETE.

I am so introverted I hate society. I harbor a secret dream of living in an isolated house near the sea with internet connection and do nothing but watch movies all day while I grow old and fat.

I'm being harrassed by the state.

Outwardly I'm the happiest, bounciest person anyone knows. My nickname is Tigger. Customers tell me off for smiling so much at work. People comment that I'm never grumpy or sad. Everyone always comments it's nice to see such a happy person...

Inside I'm the complete opposite. I hate myself. I don't think I deserve happiness. I self harm. I'm lonely. I spend my days crying in bed. In short I'm massively depressed.

I can't tell anyone. I don't think they'd believe me. ('Someone as happy as you can't possibly be depressed. Some people out there are genuinely suffering and you shouldn't make stuff like that up.') like they'd never believe my mum's alcoholic ('Oh but she's always so nice.') Or that my brother sexually abused me from a young age.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't getting anywhere with girls, so I started a experiment to find out whether it was me, or if girls were just into looks. So I catfished for a year, used it to my advantage. Got nudes and videos from loads of girls, then tried it with them as me and they said I don't do that sort of stuff. I even tried it the other way round, and they still said no to me first then sent the catfish me stuff. So they basically lied as I was looking at their stuff on my phone. So then I deleted them, or threatened to upload them to twitter if they didn't send more if they annoyed me. Basically I couldn't get them as me so I had to resort to that. Was fun, still scroll down my gallery sometimes for nostalgia and know that I would have never got these as me, even if I said the same exact things. Guess it showed that girls were just into looks, as they only sent those things because they thought I was the other guy.

ReputationRep:
    if we tell, then its no longer a secret now isit?

(Original post by SiminaM)
    Lucky girl you habe mate
    I had a major existential crisis - like crying and thinking there's no place in the world for me - this fall and I'm still getting over it...
    I had the same thing and it was really rough. Granted, I put myself through it, but I'm kind of grateful at the same time. I learned a lot about myself and let go of some stuff really deep in my subconscious. There's a quote that's helped me. It says, "Just focus on you, move in silence, remain humble and things will fall into place". Everything will be okay! Start getting to know yourself.

Im 18, 19 in 3 months. Never been kissed, never had a boyfriend and tbh I dont think anyone has ever fancied me. It really puts me down sometimes. I put on this confident, happy front to everyone when deep down I feel alone and depressed when im by myself. I genuinely think Ill be alone forever.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Outwardly I'm the happiest, bounciest person anyone knows. My nickname is Tigger. Customers tell me off for smiling so much at work. People comment that I'm never grumpy or sad. Everyone always comments it's nice to see such a happy person...

Inside I'm the complete opposite. I hate myself. I don't think I deserve happiness. I self harm. I'm lonely. I spend my days crying in bed. In short I'm massively depressed.

I can't tell anyone. I don't think they'd believe me. ('Someone as happy as you can't possibly be depressed. Some people out there are genuinely suffering and you shouldn't make stuff like that up.') like they'd never believe my mum's alcoholic ('Oh but she's always so nice.') Or that my brother sexually abused me from a young age.
    This is LITERALLY me. Minus the self harming and abuse (sorry about them btw ) I act like im so happy all the time, I even hate crying in front of others or showing that im sad. But once im home alone, I cry in bed wondering why I have the life I have and why no one likes me. I dont like myself either because i think im ugly and im probably right. When i go on nights out with my friends they get all the attention and no one even bothers to get my name. It really puts me down..but yeah anyway.

This is LITERALLY me. Minus the self harming and abuse (sorry about them btw ) I act like im so happy all the time, I even hate crying in front of others or showing that im sad. But once im home alone, I cry in bed wondering why I have the life I have and why no one likes me. I dont like myself either because i think im ugly and im probably right. When i go on nights out with my friends they get all the attention and no one even bothers to get my name. It really puts me down..but yeah anyway.
    it happens for me too..i act all happy and stuff, but then when I'm on my own, i start thinking about how terrible i am, so many things I'm bad at, and i just fall asleep by crying to myself...and when I'm at school people are like ohh you're so happy all the time, and it makes me even more depressed...i hate me self so much, and have super low self esteem....

I am passionate about a subject I''m terrible at so I don't talk about it, I'm sure no one would ever suspect me of liking it even though I am so passionate, to the point where I think about it all the time...sad I know but I love it and I hate that I cannot study it myself :'(
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I am passionate about a subject I''m terrible at so I don't talk about it, I'm sure no one would ever suspect me of liking it even though I am so passionate, to the point where I think about it all the time...sad I know but I love it and I hate that I cannot study it myself :'(
    :console: if it makes yiu so sad you can PM me to talk about it.

I am attracted to girls

I don't care about studying anymore

1. I'm not straight
    2. I have never properly opened up to any one, ever
    3. I hate myself so much but pretend to be happy
    Same

ReputationRep:
    I get really depressed and think about cutting again but then I think about this comment my 'closest friend' made about me being attention seeking by doing that. That's something that has stuck to me almost everyday ( it was said to me 5 years ago) and makes me over-think every little thing I do all the time and it really gets to me.

Also I feel really insecure about everything and have trust issues. I don't trust anyone any more and I had this really weird realisation that I don't really have anyone actually there for me properly like I am for them :/ I just feel so lonely sometimes and it makes everything worse cos my eating disorder and anorexia is coming back.

The worst thing? Every one thinks I am one of the happiest people they know. I just wish someone would realise.
    then stop top acting happy and talk to someone. It's easier once it's off your chest.

I'm 17 and have been talking to an 50 year old man for half a year. Its long distance and we aren't in a relationship but I wish we were. He's seen me naked on cam and ive seen him. I want him to visit but I doubt he is going to now. I have a feeling that I should just cut things of with him because I'm getting so attached. I feel like he was going through a midlife crisis and now its passing.

I feel bad because I probably do like him due to a daddy complex. I don't like my dad. I get along with him but I don't like him. Makes me feel like I'm a negative statistics. He's also seen me be intimate with myself. I know this is bad :'(

ReputationRep:
    This is a hard one.

For a large chunk of my life I've suffered with mental health problems, and I've always tried to hide it away as my deepest, darkest, dirtiest secret that no one could know.

However, I realise now that some self-understanding is overdue, otherwise the stigma of mental health will never disappear if I am the one demonstrating the attitude I wish to be extinguished.

I write fanfiction

it happens for me too..i act all happy and stuff, but then when I'm on my own, i start thinking about how terrible i am, so many things I'm bad at, and i just fall asleep by crying to myself...and when I'm at school people are like ohh you're so happy all the time, and it makes me even more depressed...i hate me self so much, and have super low self esteem....
    Yeah when im on my own I just play loads of sad music because it relates to how im feeling. I just want someone who wants to be with me because they like me and appreciate me. Someone to tell me Im beautiful and that they're lucky to have me. Guess not My self-esteem is really low too although if i told someone they'd be like "no its not! You're so confident!, etc". Its so bad that when im out walking somewhere I automatically think that strangers are talking about me saying negative stuff when they're talking to their friends. I automatically think people always have the worst to think about me or that when i meet people for the first time they're thinking "ew, whos she?"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.