Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmamorris55)
    Van Mildert well done! guessing you got Cuth's?
    Congrats
    Yes, Cuth's as I applied for

ReputationRep:
    Got Butler for History

ReputationRep:
    I applied to St. Chads and got allocated in Hatfield, how's life in Hatfield? there's a general feeling that people there are dicks, is that the case? Im studying Politics, Im one of those nerds who is quite focused on his career and what not, also I'm an atheist and football is my life. Would I fit there? and there is no chance I get a single suited room is there?

ReputationRep:
    Combined Social Sciences at Hild and Bede
    Do you guys think it would be important to arrive between 4-6pm the previous day before the open day as they said on the website? just trying to weigh its importance against lessons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnLFC)
    I applied to St. Chads and got allocated in Hatfield, how's life in Hatfield? there's a general feeling that people there are dicks, is that the case? Im studying Politics, Im one of those nerds who is quite focused on his career and what not, also I'm an atheist and football is my life. Would I fit there? and there is no chance I get a single suited room is there?
    You can come and visit me at Chads for matches on Saturday... if your username means what I think it does!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by game well and truly over)
    You can come and visit me at Chads for matches on Saturday... if your username means what I think it does!
    Fellow Kopite? That's brilliant ha! I hope to go to Anfield for as many matches as I can but that probably translates to 10 a season or so as getting tickets is ridiculously hard. Its nice to have people to watch the game with there! Is Chads close to Hatfield?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've applied to Economics with a foundation year on the 8th December and I still haven't heard anything back.

I'm now worried that even if I do get an offer, my chances of getting my preferred college allocation are diminishing day by day as college allocations have already begun. I've emailed a few people at the foundation center to ask about this but no one has replied.... is there anything else that I can do but wait. Durham is my top choice and if I get in I'll be so pleased but having my preferred college would be an extra bonus.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dylann;53682133]Same here...it's near collingwood and it's a hill college...not doing very well in the college sports leagues (lol)...there's a lake nearby (with ducks!)...second biggest college...all rooms non-shared, a few ensuite...What subject are you going to study? I'm going to do Chemistry...]

I'm going to do Law, I don't think the Law Building is too far away which is nice I guess

ReputationRep:
    Fellow Kopite? That's brilliant ha! I hope to go to Anfield for as many matches as I can but that probably translates to 10 a season or so as getting tickets is ridiculously hard. Its nice to have people to watch the game with there! Is Chads close to Hatfield?
    Yeah I'm a Red!

I can get tickets quite easily, but I'm not sure how trains etc are to Liverpool. Might squeeze in a few visits, but happy to mostly watch on TV in the bar. Yes they are both on the Bailey so I'd imagine only a few hundred yards apart.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Castle but they allocated me to St Aidan's(which looks like a new, large, college party which is exactly what I don't want). does Durham allow people to ask to be allocated to another college(My second options would be Hild and Bede or St Chad'?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain how the post app open day works? Durhams site is so confusing, especially the booking...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm a Red!

I can get tickets quite easily, but I'm not sure how trains etc are to Liverpool. Might squeeze in a few visits, but happy to mostly watch on TV in the bar. Yes they are both on the Bailey so I'd imagine only a few hundred yards apart.
    I completely forgot the fact Durham isn't anywhere near Liverpool ha, the train tickets are quite expensive. Just looked at a map and Chads is right next to Hatfield so that's brilliant, what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    I completely forgot the fact Durham isn't anywhere near Liverpool ha, the train tickets are quite expensive. Just looked at a map and Chads is right next to Hatfield so that's brilliant, what are you studying?
    Physics. You?

Haven't looked up Hatfield much, but one of the things I liked about Chads was a great JCR/bar and flatscreen!! Hopefully we'll have big Champions League nights!!

ReputationRep:
    Got into University College! So happy right now!!

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to swap with students who are studying the same subject as I am?
    For example, I was allocated St Cuths for Geography, could I swap with someone in Hatfield who wants to study geography?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Got into St Chad's!!!!! It was my first choice and I'm amazed I actually got in given how oversubscribed it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    Can anyone explain how the post app open day works? Durhams site is so confusing, especially the booking...
    What do you need explained?

ReputationRep:
    I got into Grey College, which was my first choice so I'm very pleased!

ReputationRep:
    Physics. You?

Haven't looked up Hatfield much, but one of the things I liked about Chads was a great JCR/bar and flatscreen!! Hopefully we'll have big Champions League nights!!
    Politics, I think there are quite a few flatscreens in Hatfield as well, would be great to have Champions league next season! Hope we find many Liverpool supporters!

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer to study PPE, was allocated to Trevelyan college (applied to st.chads). Don't think I'll firm or insurance durham tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.