Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexG94)
    Ah sweet! Nice to know there will be other foundation students at St Mary's. I'm super excited as well! You coming from far?
    I'm coming from Southampton, yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "Maturestudent")
    I'm coming from Southampton, yourself?
    Ah another southerner I'm coming from Crawley

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexG94)
    Ah another southerner I'm coming from Crawley
    Go on the southerners! I've noticed a lack of historians, who do we share our foundation year with?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed hahaha. Well I think all the historians have the Foundation History lessons together. But all the other components such as the Academic Practice, English Lit and Philosophy lesson we will be mixed up with other Foundation students taking an "arts and humanities" degree. Not really sure though! And according to Colette (the foundation history tutor) there's about 10 of us historians!

ReputationRep:
    You're the only other one I've spoke to!

ReputationRep:
    Alas I'm sure they'll soon start to appear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how the accommodation works? I've got a place at St Mary's College and have just received an email from them to confirming my unconditional place there but not sure when or how or if I can even put forward a preference for an en-suite room etc. Do you think we find that out further on down the line?

ReputationRep:
    Might be different for those on the Bailey.. I've been allocated st.aidans and will have to wait until arrival before putting in any preferences, I'm not to worried about it.. Each college is different but aidans surveys and matches people based on common interest etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachArch)
    Congratulations!
    Do you know which college you are at yet?
    college z. I'm not fussed but would prefer cuths I think. U?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliecat)
    college z. I'm not fussed but would prefer cuths I think. U?
    St Cuth's looks nice, I hope you get it I'm in St Mary's... Where abouts are you coming from?

ReputationRep:
    I'm filling the quota for local allocation.

Durham (about 4 miles up the road!) you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliecat)
    I'm filling the quota for local allocation.

Durham (about 4 miles up the road!) you?
    I'm coming from East Sussex, just a few hundred mile up the road
    It's nice you get to live so close to your friends and family whilst you're at Uni

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, just wondering if any foundation students have been allocated St Cuths? Also, I'll be 27 when I start at Durham, so it's nice to know that they'll be a good mix of ages! Anyone else going to be studying Anthropology?

ReputationRep:
    Trevelyan collage, wasn't fussed and didn't have a preference cos it's unlikely I'll spend any time there.
    Any one going to the coffee meetings in September?

ReputationRep:
    That's impressive, when I did my foundation year two years ago we only had a handful of historians at Durham City

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebowey)
    That's impressive, when I did my foundation year two years ago we only had a handful of historians at Durham City
    Oh cool, I think the smaller the group the better it would be to learn :')

So how have you found the course? Was it fairly achievable to progress onto the first year? And how are you finding living in Durham?

Sorry for all the questions hehe

ReputationRep:
    URL removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tynsk)
    Hi everyone, just wondering if any foundation students have been allocated St Cuths? Also, I'll be 27 when I start at Durham, so it's nice to know that they'll be a good mix of ages! Anyone else going to be studying Anthropology?

Hey Ill also be 27 at the start of my Finance course. Still not sure which college i would belong to as I made an open application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tynsk)
    Hi there! I was allocated to Cuth's too! do you think you'll get a room at Parsons Field or the Bailey? I can't decide, they both seem great in different ways...
    I'll be 17 when the course starts (my parents even had to sign a form allowing me to go!) and can't wait to meet people from so many different ages and backgrounds!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview next week for primary education with foundation. This will be my first interview in over 25 years, has anyone got any advice?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.