The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2015 Accommodation Choices!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HUBWD
oh nice. yeah i just got mine too. What house did you get? i got house 8

Congratulations! I got house 6!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by leahbaker_x
Hi guys,

I'm in Talybont South, house 6 first floor, flat 2 room 1

Anyone else in the same flat? Also, what day is everyone actually moving in?

I'm in your flat! Room 3! I saw your earlier post about studying biochemistry -- so am I :smile:
And I'm not sure, do we move in the same day as we fetch our key?
Original post by Steffie.
I'm in your flat! Room 3! I saw your earlier post about studying biochemistry -- so am I :smile:
And I'm not sure, do we move in the same day as we fetch our key?

Yes, yes, yes! I'm so happy about that!
I know that the keys are available from September 16th, but I don't want to be all moved in and alone lol.
Original post by leahbaker_x
Yes, yes, yes! I'm so happy about that!
I know that the keys are available from September 16th, but I don't want to be all moved in and alone lol.

I know, glad I found you lady! Im fetching my key on the 17th or 18th, not sure when I'll be permanently moving in yet. Will know closer to the time! X
any one going to colum or will i be alone
Original post by Alex_Dockerill

There are pages on Facebook that you can join, post your accommodation details and find people who are in the same place. :-)
Does anyone know when Access to HE students are likely to find out their accommodation? We've known our results for a while now and have had our certificates through etc. Do we find out the same time as A-Level conditionals?
Reply 167
I'm going to be studying Architecture in Cardiff, but I still need to apply for accommodation... does anyone have any advise/ suggestions, or know anyone who might be studying architecture there too? :smile:)
Original post by nadetab
I'm going to be studying Architecture in Cardiff, but I still need to apply for accommodation... does anyone have any advise/ suggestions, or know anyone who might be studying architecture there too? :smile:)

Not an architecture student but you should definitely get your accommodation application in ASAP as allocations are done on a first-come first-served basis and I think the accommodation application deadline is early August! You might want to start looking at where your lectures will mostly be and look for halls nearby or order halls in terms of price - have a think about the factors important to you and then rank your preferred halls accordingly :smile: If you go onto the Cardiff website, they've also got pictures of the rooms and kitchens for different halls so you could have a look at those and decide :smile:
Original post by Alex_Dockerill

It's so close to the main campus (like approx. 2-5 mins) that I can guarantee you that you won't be alone there. :yy:

Original post by nadetab

I think Aberdare Hall would be the closest, but that's a girls only hall. Other relatively nearby ones would be Colum Hall, Aberconway Hall and the Senghennydd halls. Talybont is considerably further, and I wouldn't even consider Uni Halls unless you have no other choice as they're very far out.
Hey :-)
I'm in Taly Gate, Floor 3, Flat 16.
Anyone else in taly gate?
Reply 171
Yay finally someone posted flats😁 I'm Liberty House room(think mean flat)033 room A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was wondering how many people are still waiting to hear about allocations?I've seen a lot of people that have been allocated already.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RHopkins96
I was wondering how many people are still waiting to hear about allocations?I've seen a lot of people that have been allocated already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so far the people that have found out about their room allocations are those who were given an unconditional offer to study at the University.

A-Level Results day hasn't been yet, so I'm guessing the majority of people will be allocated rooms once their place at the Uni is confirmed after results day later this month. :P So there's still a big proportion of people to go yet! :biggrin:
Reply 174
Hi is there anyone in the Colum Road student houses?
I've been allocated Talybont South! I'm so happy!
Anyone looking for their halls check here! Copy and paste this - facebook.com/CardiffSeptFreshersWeek/photos/pb.332827920235427.-2207520000.1438686754./407211496130402/?type=3&theater
Original post by ARoy7
I put Gordon hall,Senghennydd Hall and Senghennydd court as my top three and I really hope I get any one of them because I'm doing medical engineering they are the closest to the Engineering building. I originally wanted to go with something such as one of the Talybont options but they are over a 30 min walk from my building according to google maps.

Hi, I've been allocated a room at Gordon Hall! Have you heard from the residences office yet? And cool, I chose Gordon hall for the same reason and also since it's part catered. Btw, I'll be studying Mechanical Engineering.
Original post by Martin6
I think so far the people that have found out about their room allocations are those who were given an unconditional offer to study at the University.

A-Level Results day hasn't been yet, so I'm guessing the majority of people will be allocated rooms once their place at the Uni is confirmed after results day later this month. :P So there's still a big proportion of people to go yet! :biggrin:

Ahh thank you for this, I've been seriously panicking about how other people had their allocations already but I hadn't heard anything! I certainly *hope* all the allocations are for unconditional offer-holders rather than just everyone with their first choice :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Taly South House 12, First floor Flat, anyone?

I sent in my application in about May (cause the parents be nagging), then I got my results at the beginning of July, cause I lived in France and we get our results early. Once SIMS had validated my certificate, it took about a week for me to be allocated! (if this helps anyone)

Taly South was my first choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending