Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it rude to constantly turn people down Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    It's a general discussion,I didn't realise I had to conform to certain rules and regulations. If you don't like what i've posted, move on to the next thread.
    Like ive said,I'll post whatever I like,I didn't ask for your opinion on whether you liked it or not.
    I didn't impose any rules or regulations on you, nor did I say I didn't like what you've posted. I'm simply expressing an opinion as part of the 'general discussion' - a discussion being a place people express their opinions and ideas.

And to further this discussion, I'm just asking you to clarify what the purpose of posting this thread is if you're so against any opinions that do not reflect your own.

Honestly, the more I speak to you, the more it seems like those guys really dodged a bullet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Blade)
    I don't make the first move sometimes because getting turned down hurts. Got turned down 1/1 times

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doesn't help that you're a virgin mate.

ReputationRep:
    You clearly are hahahah,now please move on to the next thread if you can't handle it.
    I don't think I'm the one coming off as hot and bothered here, to be honest! It's just a simple question - if you don't care what anyone on here thinks, why ask what people on here think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpearson)
    I didn't impose any rules or regulations on you, nor did I say I didn't like what you've posted. I'm simply expressing an opinion as part of the 'general discussion' - a discussion being a place people express their opinions and ideas.

And to further this discussion, I'm just asking you to clarify what the purpose of posting this thread is if you're so against any opinions that do not reflect your own.

Honestly, the more I speak to you, the more it seems like those guys really dodged a bullet.
    Yes,because you clearly know me so well. Haters gonna hate. And I have never stated that im against any opinions that don't reflect my own,that's why it's called a discussion/chat,so people can exchange their opinions.
    Now,please move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    I don't think I'm the one coming off as hot and bothered here, to be honest! It's just a simple question - if you don't care what anyone on here thinks, why ask what people on here think?
    You clearly are,why do you care so much what I decide to post and the reasoning behind it,just move on. I don't care what people think of me as a person but I posted to discuss a particular issue.

ReputationRep:
    Yes,because you clearly know me so well. Haters gonna hate. And I have never stated that im against any opinions that don't reflect my own,that's why it's called a discussion/chat,so people can exchange their opinions.
    Now,please move on.
    You're trying to say it's a discussion, but when I try to discuss with you, you tell me to 'move on'. That's not a discussion.

You're not even playing by your own rules, let alone the non-existent rules you previously attributed to me.

ReputationRep:
    You're trying to say it's a discussion, but when I try to discuss with you, you tell me to 'move on'. That's not a discussion.

You're not even playing by your own rules, let alone the non-existent rules you previously attributed to me.
    Thanks for your opinion on the topic ,much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your opinion on the topic ,much appreciated
    Well, what a lovely thing to say. I'm very glad I could get through to you and make you see the error of your ways. KCL must be awfully proud to have produced someone with such sensible judgment and keen wit.

I was more than happy to offer my opinion. Best of luck in your future rejection-related endeavours.

ReputationRep:
    Well, what a lovely thing to say. I'm very glad I could get through to you and make you see the error of your ways. KCL must be awfully proud to have produced someone with such sensible judgment and keen wit.

I was more than happy to offer my opinion. Best of luck in your future rejection-related endeavours.
    They only produce the best of the best and don't worry, I have all my rejection endeavours all under control now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophiaLDN)
    Nope I wouldn't. He should respect that I don't like him in that way & would rather just be friends. Also, i'm sure the guy would appreciate that I didn't waste his time and he could now pursue another girl. I'd be pissed if someone was leading me on with no hope of a future relationship. Yeah, its pretty awkward but I see it as rather say it now straight away so there is no confusion on where we stand, rather than having to think of a way to dig myself out of a hole later.
    This. I totally agree and I am exactly the same way.

Unfortunately, I have been in situations where the guy will not take no for an answer. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, the more I speak to you, the more it seems like those guys really dodged a bullet
    Best of luck in your future rejection-related endeavours.
    I expect you're smart enough to know that there is a difference between gauging e.g. public opinion and giving a damn what individual TSRians think, and you're probably also decent enough to recognise that saying things like that is plain nasty. Let's keep things constructive, shall we?

if you don't care what anyone on here thinks, why ask what people on here think?
    As above I sometimes gauge opinion on here but am unlikely to ever let what individuals say sway me too much, even those I'm friendly with/respect :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I expect you're smart enough to know that there is a difference between gauging e.g. public opinion and giving a damn what individual TSRians think, and you're probably also decent enough to recognise that saying things like that is plain nasty. Let's keep things constructive, shall we? [/s]
    I am offended that you don't think my best wishes were entirely genuine.

But thank you for calling me smart and decent.

ReputationRep:
    Omg I just laughed so hard at your response but yes,I don't just sleep or date any man. There are strict procedures
    Same here I could never sleep around, I'd rather wait until I'm in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    As above I sometimes gauge opinion on here but am unlikely to ever let what individuals say sway me too much, even those I'm friendly with/respect :dontknow:
    It's fair enough - in her last comment it was plainer what she meant. Saying 'I don't care about the opinions of strangers' somewhat blurs the distinction you draw attention to in your post, so I wasn't clear.

That said, this thread is a total sham. I don't believe for a second that OP stands behind her own narrative; it's clear to anyone with eyes that the whole thing is a plea for attention.

ReputationRep:
    It's fair enough - in her last comment it was plainer what she meant. Saying 'I don't care about the opinions of strangers' somewhat blurs the distinction you draw attention to in your post, so I wasn't clear.

That said, this thread is a total sham. I don't believe for a second that OP stands behind her own narrative; it's clear to anyone with eyes that the whole thing is a plea for attention.
    A plea for attention from complete strangers who I'll most likely never see? I don't care what you may or may not think of me as a person but I just wanted to gauge people's opinions on a particular topic. Why is me making this thread bothering you so much,I don't get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    Same here I could never sleep around, I'd rather wait until I'm in a relationship.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Doesn't help that you're a virgin mate.
    This guy...

Such *******

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesNeedHelp2)
    There is no justfiable reason to make an assumption about me, before asking me as to how i have come to my subjective opinion. But i am glad that you finally did have it in you, to ask me the noteworthy question...

"why do you assume some women will do it for twisted pleasure rather than being kind?"

The central dogma, that revolves around this topic, is about how women react to being asked out. Let me give you a hypothetical situation. A woman is a 2/10 in terms of looks. Despite her disappointing looks, society puts her on a pedestal; as i have stated in my previous post above, she is thought to be worth more than her looks/aspirations ratio. As such, she will look into the mirror, seeing someone who is not truly representative of reality- she is in a delusional state, forever lost in a world of fantasy.

Having been indoctrinated by society, her first irrational action is to reject men who are waaaay above her stature. She is feeding her sick and twisted pleasure; a foul game played by the majority of women.

How do i know this? All the women i have dated, from all ethnicities, religions, creeds, opinions. Countless witness accounts by women at that.
    I doubt you've dated that many women with an attitude like yours mate.

ReputationRep:
    A plea for attention from complete strangers who I'll most likely never see? I don't care what you may or may not think of me as a person but I just wanted to gauge people's opinions on a particular topic. Why is me making this thread bothering you so much,I don't get it?
    It's not bothering me... I was just giving my thoughts on the thread to another poster. You're not doing a very convincing job of not caring what strangers think of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texx)
    I doubt you've dated that many women with an attitude like yours mate.
    :confused: My attitude is impeccable; second to none.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.