Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_tinie_D)
    Love it.

I'd lose my **** if my girl even kissed a random guy on a night out and was feeling the guilt. I'm scared to think what I'd do if she slept with some one else. WooSsah!!!
    Hey... Relax captain, remember those pressure points. Take a deep breath... and woosaah... woosaah...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No, I can't. I want a relationship where loyality is the basis for everything in our common life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    I agree with this and a few times I have tried to make this point to others that have cheated (not with me) and their reaction is generally the same:

you don't know what you are talking about, how can you possibly understand unless you have found yourself in that position, it doesn't mean you don't love your partner, these things just happen
    I've been tempted. At the end of the last relationship I was in, I was walking back from a friend's birthday celebrations, when a guy who I had so much more in common with started talking to me, and asked me out. Honestly, bad timing or what! Lol. But I told him I was sorry, I had a boyfriend, and carried on walking, because I knew I wouldn't be able to deal with my conscience if I'd done anything.

I found it ironic though, that my friend who cheated on her boyfriends the most, was also the most insecure person when it came to relationships. As in, if her bf wasn't at a party or whatever, she would flirt shamelessly with every guy in sight; on one occasion, she got off with most of the people at the party, after promising her bf that she wouldn't. And yet she'd be the first person to worry that her bf didn't love her enough, or was cheating on her, when he was doing nothing of the sort. :rolleyes:

I don't agree with the view that things "just happen".
    For example, I once (foolishly) had unprotected sex. Some would say, that "just happened". Um, no. He persuaded me, and I consented. A choice was made. A foolish, risky, stupid choice, absolutely. But it didn't "just happen".

ReputationRep:
    Never.

And imo people who cheat have a serious character flaw. It is not something that happens as an accident.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not - they've cheated on you for a reason so why should you stay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie223)
    The problem with this thread is that most people are young, unmarried and no kids. It's a completely different thing leaving a gf/bf you don't have a family/mortgage/commitments with than a husband/wife you do.

To answer the question, I think I could forgive cheating depending on the circumstances, whether the relationship could ever be the same again is a different matter.
    If anything that's more of a reason to leave them in my opinion. I could never forgive cheating at any time but when you are married with kids it's even more disrespectful and even clearer that they are not in love with you. If building a family and home with someone doesn't stop them from cheating then they truly do not want to be with you. It's somewhat more understandable (but still despicable) when people are young and have no responsibilities - it's more conducive to cheating.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm worth more than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyName??!)
    well it'd make a girl feel as if she wasn't enough for the guy, no?
    So? Big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xylas)
    So? Big deal.
    How old are you lad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by treasureBelle)
    I've been tempted. At the end of the last relationship I was in, I was walking back from a friend's birthday celebrations, when a guy who I had so much more in common with started talking to me, and asked me out. Honestly, bad timing or what! Lol. But I told him I was sorry, I had a boyfriend, and carried on walking, because I knew I wouldn't be able to deal with my conscience if I'd done anything.

I found it ironic though, that my friend who cheated on her boyfriends the most, was also the most insecure person when it came to relationships. As in, if her bf wasn't at a party or whatever, she would flirt shamelessly with every guy in sight; on one occasion, she got off with most of the people at the party, after promising her bf that she wouldn't. And yet she'd be the first person to worry that her bf didn't love her enough, or was cheating on her, when he was doing nothing of the sort. :rolleyes:
    That's probably why she does it - she's insecure, and assumes her boyfriend is either already doing it, or will do it in the future. I'd guess she behaves in the way that she does so that she feels like she's the one in control. Hurts before she gets hurt, so to speak.

Goes without saying that it's completely self destructive.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I don't think I would be able to let it go (I'm not Elsa!) and you can't live like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyName??!)
    How old are you lad?

Answer my question first if you would

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine letting myself stay with such a loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illegal Algebra)
    Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my god that's amazing XD
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SarcasticMel)
    Never.

And imo people who cheat have a serious character flaw. It is not something that happens as an accident.
    I would rather say its the inability to give a 'failed' relationship a chance. I think most of the cheaters are unsatisfied with the partner and have even problems, but are not able and willing to talk about that and to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucaf)
    A one off incident maybe, I could put that down to a moment of weakness. An on going affair? Not a chance.
    I don't like to believe in people having a "moment of weakness". Human beings have free will (arguably) and can control themselves, no excuses. Whether they cheated on you once or multiple times, they still actively made the decision to betray you, knowing that it's the wrong thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Everyone deserves a second chance but it wouldn't be the same. I think just leaving the person would be better for them than me cos I am not an easy person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Only if 10/10
    Many were thinking it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Before i put my comment...
    Cersei is not a good queen. She is driven by her desires, and king landing will be a mess because of her.

Anyhow, come back to the post.

A cheating is not something you would compromise, and let it pass.

there is nothing i can offer to a cheater. She will get what she deserves. I'll leave her even i love her. Just to teacher her a lesson, and will be more faithful with the new guy.

some learn for their experience

ReputationRep:
    In the traditional sense of the meaning of the term e.g. sexual infidelity, absolutely not. Honour/loyalty is a big deal for me in exclusive relationships, and I'm unlikely to have such a relationship with anyone who I am not very serious about/is not a mature character, so cheating would be unforgivable/cause irreparable damage. That said, I've never been cheated on, to my knowledge, and have only ever had 1 relationship to which I explicitly committed to exclusivity, within, so in truth I don't quite know how I'd react :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.