Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

list of things that you think should be made illegal without any exceptions watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camaieu)
    How so? I could quite well argue that I find beards appalling (I do), and protest that I am offended by beards. I'd rather that men didn't have beards, but that's my personal taste, and I have neither the right nor the responsibility to tell people how they should groom their facial hair, even if it does offend me.I can't go up to men and start cutting their beards off, simply because I don't like it. Remember: some women love beards.

Similarly, you might not like how a woman dresses; that's fine. Banning women from dressing a certain way? Not so much. Remember: some women want to, and enjoy dressing in a particular way, just as some men want to dress in a certain way. They should be free to do so without having their bodies and choices policed.
    Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across too well through text. I do actually agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across too well through text. I do actually agree with you.
    Haha, my bad too. Sarcasm doesn't translate well online!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomov)
    Selfies
    Posting duck-faces online.

(Original post by Jmurp017)
    Cyclists on roads
    Cyclists on pavements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Dude you do realise this is some Hitler level ****...

1. What the hell is the point of forcing people to search for jobs that aren't there?

2. Well nobody sympathises with Islamists so you should be all right. But if you start destroying freedom of speech the terrorists have literally won.

3. Why do you want to control what people eat so much?

4. More curtailments of freedom

5. Just what? You're like some kind of authoritarian miscegenist?

Seriously scary stuff from you here, I thought I'd seen some quite reasonable posts from you in recent times
    Ha. I'm not calling for religious genocides so i expect that's a tad far. I simply decided to only put the extreme ideas in this thread (i suspect none of those would make it through parliament in the form i envisaged).

1) ~73% of the available work force is employed right now. More often than not you should be able to find at least a part time job paying more than JSA. If not then after 12 months you get conscripted on minimum wage. I actually think this one is not that unreasonable, a lot of countries have had conscription at 16 or 18 as the norm, i think Poland only just stopped.

2) Unfortunately there are pro-ISIS protests from time to time in London, not to mention various Iman's. We don't even have freedom of speech now (i could be arrested for saying a mirade of things) and actually if i were in power free speech would be much freerer than today however there are a few issues where this cannot and should not be tolerated.

3) We're talking about a hypothetical situation where i had the means to solve some of the nations woes. Letting people do what they want is one of those lovely hippy dippy ideas which would only work if people are rational. I could be wrong but i believe studies have suggested that the nation as a whole was healthiest when rationing was in place and for the majority i'm not even planning to bring that back.

4) Again point 4 but if we tax the crap out of stuff then so be it too.

5) Which is why i added the latter bit.

Probably a good thing i never added my number 6.

I am very reasonable. When i post in the politics section (well, most of the time) you see the real me which takes practicality as well as principal into account (so in principal i believe rapists and murderers deserve to die for example but practicality dictates that there's always the chance they are wrong and as such i don't support it) however being in the 'chat' section i decided to simply post on principal without any regard for the fact that parliament would never vote for most of these. And to be fair i don't see anything wrong with just the principal of believing there's no excuse for 'young' unemployment, no excuse to support terrorism, no excuse for the state to support your stupidity and no excuse to support Britain not being ethnically similar to today in 100 years.

ReputationRep:
    cold callers and door to door salesman
    shouting and being abusive in the street
    politicians who went to eton
    politicians who lie
    gobbing in the street

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, then your kids are the ones who have to collect everyone's bins, that's very smart
    Au contraire. With morons not being able to breed I believe the population would diminish by around 90%, therefore there would be a huge reduction in rubbish and we could develop a system of robotic bin collection for those left on the planet.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Screaming kids on public transport. I don't even use public transport much anymore, but my car was in for repairs last week and I had to take the bus and **** me, the screams... If a kid starts crying and/or screaming, the parent should be forced to get off at the next stop and be allowed to use their ticket to get on the next bus if they've managed to pacify the child. Don't want to be late? Get a child minder.
    Not just public transport - public places.

Text speak. There's seriously no need for it. I have better ways to spend my time than trying (and failing) to work out what the hell you're trying to tell me. Either that, or you seriously need a dictionary.

Premium rate numbers. Especially to call Government departments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Hollyoaks
    Glam Rock
    KISS
    Public Smoking
    Wonga and all it's counterparts
    Citroen Saxo's
    Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls etc.
    Piers Morgan
    All talent shows
    Hackers on Call of Duty
    Robbie Savage
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    People having more than 4 kids if they don't fit a certain income bracket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieC130)
    People having more than 4 kids if they don't fit a certain income bracket.

Well I think it should be like this

Majority of lower class benefit claimants should not be allowed to have kids
    Working class to middle class=1-3
    Upper class=1-5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Public smoking
    Loud exhausts
    Rough sleepers and beggers
    Certain religious attire
    Human charity stands
    Provocative clothing
    Cheap alcohol
    Never thought id find Nick Griffins account on TSR so quickly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    Well I think it should be like this

Majority of lower class benefit claimants should not be allowed to have kids
    Working class to middle class=1-3
    Upper class=1-5
    I find it just hilarious when elitist, middle-class people say this sort of thing. Recipe for plummeting wages and downward social mobility. Upstairs downstairs society and make no mistake you'd be the downstairs.

ReputationRep:
    We should make vigilante justice legal so all the *******s in the world get their legs broken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toda)
    Never thought id find Nick Griffins account on TSR so quickly!
    I find it odd to be compared to that expelled gentleman.

I find it just hilarious when elitist, middle-class people say this sort of thing. Recipe for plummeting wages and downward social mobility. Upstairs downstairs society and make no mistake you'd be the downstairs.

We have already hit that direction.
    I simply come up with solutions for ongoing societal problems but end up getting purely scorned with disdain by my fellow tsr users.
    In my society we would have less single mothers,less unemployed,less homeless,less dropouts,less debts,less pollution and the list continues

ReputationRep:
    I come from a working class family yet I agree with the statements made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balloon Baboon)
    Terry Wogan.
    On the roof of your shed at 4am.

ReputationRep:
    Interest.

ReputationRep:
    People on the street ranting about religion, with sandwich boards and the like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    People on the street ranting about religion, with sandwich boards and the like.
    People banging on people's doors selling religion.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Simes)
    People banging on people's doors selling religion.
    People giving me leaftlets in the streets about religion.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.