Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    English Lit, Film Studies and Geography at AS. Have started doing light revision but nothing major just bits here and there. I would love to achieve 3 B's (or higher!) Anyone who has done any of these have any suggestions on how many hours and when I should be starting to do them? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr who11)
    how many hours on a school day and holiday do you do ? and what are you hoping for?
    Urm roughly 4 hours a day I guess on school nights and 7 - 9 hrs on weekends. I notch this up though in the holidays! And I am hoping to get ABB so hopefully I get there How about you?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know the best websites to revise the core subject, also heard mygcsescience was good and FREE but not any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadznahid)
    does anyone know the best websites to revise the core subject, also heard mygcsescience was good and FREE but not any more.
    A level thread, gtfo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick2810)
    A level thread, gtfo
    relax mate, I'm new here

ReputationRep:
    relax mate, I'm new here
    MYGCSEscience gd tho might want to buy them, got A*in all sciences and 397ums in phys

ReputationRep:
    Kinda the wrong thread, but my-gcsescience videos are also on YouTube for free so watch them there

ReputationRep:
    Only unit 1 now..

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing kind of general work up until now but today I made a revision timetable so I can start properly revising. A2. Fun.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we only have 6 and a half weeks of 'school' left till our first exams.

I freaked out.

And omg, had my last proper history lesson today as we're doing controlled assessment after half-term. Have had the same teacher since year 7 too. It'll feel so weird next year.

EDIT: My bad. Wrong thread. I'll leave now....

ReputationRep:
    Just finishing the work on my final A2 unit this weekend. Then I'll take a week off (coincidentally the same week as school half-term ) before I get into my revision. I have the exams for both AS and A2 Philosophy this year, and then it's off to university!!!

ReputationRep:
    Starting Revision Tomorrow for Finals in May/June. God Bless..

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my mocks on Thursday. Honestly im not sure i'm gonna do at all well in them. I'm doing Lit,Business and Econ. I've just gotten my half term and I'm starting consistent revision on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Started 2 days ago, got my mocks back last week.
    ABBC not great but i did no revision. Never do homework and on 'behaviour monitoring' atm.
    I always get myself into this mess then revise consistently and shock my teachers.
    Planning to do 4 hours a day in holidays then 1 on a school day.

Doing maths,economics,chem,bio
    hoping for AAAB minimum with 90% in maths, il take a B in biology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whydoidothis?)
    Started 2 days ago, got my mocks back last week.
    ABBC not great but i did no revision. Never do homework and on 'behaviour monitoring' atm.
    I always get myself into this mess then revise consistently and shock my teachers.
    Planning to do 4 hours a day in holidays then 1 on a school day.

Doing maths,economics,chem,bio
    hoping for AAAB minimum with 90% in maths, il take a B in biology.
    Mate..ABBC without revision is excellent. I can barely manage C's WITH revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tim_kingwizard)
    Mate..ABBC without revision is excellent. I can barely manage C's WITH revision.
    thanks, what subjects do you do?

ReputationRep:
    thanks, what subjects do you do?
    English Lit,Business Studies and Economics.

ReputationRep:
    English Lit,Business Studies and Economics.
    ah, i'm not in any position to help but for economics if your doing aqa don't make notes.

Learn ALL defenitions. Make mindmaps of all main diagrams, learn how to draw etc. Then do past papers, you don't learn from making notes.

Just my two cents might help.

ReputationRep:
    ah, i'm not in any position to help but for economics if your doing aqa don't make notes.

Learn ALL defenitions. Make mindmaps of all main diagrams, learn how to draw etc. Then do past papers, you don't learn from making notes.

Just my two cents might help.
    Well i'm doing CIE but what you've said is relevant. Thanks man. I've always found making notes a bit passive yet i've always used it and it has helped to a certain extent but i'll definitely utilize mind maps from now on.

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm doing CIE but what you've said is relevant. Thanks man. I've always found making notes a bit passive yet i've always used it and it has helped to a certain extent but i'll definitely utilize mind maps from now on.
    I say ignore the advice given to you by that guy, or at least ignore part of it. You can learn from making notes. I made notes on the different explanations e.g. supply side policies. I would write what they are, examples, implications, strengths and weaknesses etc. All in a good amount of detail. Then I would condense it into a mind map. So essentially, I'd write it twice and this would help it stick it my mind. Also remember to practice illustrating and explaining your diagrams; be very comfortable with this as well. Past papers are also a very good resource to use but ensure that you have a good knowledge base then you past papers to test and develop your application, analytical and evaluative skills.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.