Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpopcuino)
    Hey guys im preparing essay plans for all the 12 markers that may come up and its a really good idea IMO as it helps you prepare effectively, just wanna check I havent missed any though so far I got (this is only unit 1 btw):
    Memory:
    -Describe+evaluate research into age on EWT
    -D+E research into effects of anxiety on EWT
    -D+E research into misleading information
    -D+E the multi store memory model
    -D+E the working memory model
    -D+E evaluate the cognitive interview
    -D+E memory improvement stratergies/research into mnemonics

Attachment:
    -D+E the learning theory of attachment
    -D+E Bowlbys theory of attachment
    -D+E research into attachment types
    -D+E research into cultural variations in attachmemt
    -D+E research into privation
    -D+E research into institutionalisation
    -D+E into disruption of attachment
    -D+E research into the effects of day care (could be either peer relations or aggression)

I think thats all of them covered^ but if you can think of anymore that could come up please tell me thanks
    I thought there isn't enough detail for a 12 marker to come up on the cognitive interview or memory improvement stratergies/research into mnemonics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    I thought there isn't enough detail for a 12 marker to come up on the cognitive interview or memory improvement stratergies/research into mnemonics?
    Yeah, that is very rare and harsh for AQA to ask those questions. I highly doubt there's even enough content to outline and evaluate the Cognitive Interview. A 12-Marker on Memory Improvement Strategies is possible but it is a lot to ask for.

I'm assuming that Memory Improvement Strategies will come up as a 4 marker like it did last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberuniverse)
    I thinks its unlikely but im trying to prepare for all possibilities and it only takes 5 minutes to do an essay plan so its worth it imo

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got good evaluation points for zimbardo's prison experiment? Mine are all ethical issues so I could use some variety

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elzprosser)
    Has anyone got good evaluation points for zimbardo's prison experiment? Mine are all ethical issues so I could use some variety

Posted from TSR Mobile
    we dont do it but i think i can help

low pop validity

low ecological validity/mundane realism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elzprosser)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never heard if this or learned this in cognitive or developmental is it important?

ReputationRep:
    Guys I understand cognitive and developmental psychology however I really need help with research methods is they anywhere where I can find a booklet on research methods?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    Never heard if this or learned this in cognitive or developmental is it important?
    It's in social, it's a demonstration of conformity. I don't think it's named on the spec but I'd say its one of the more interesting studies. There is a lot of YouTube footage about it that might be worth a watch.

ReputationRep:
    Guys is they any chance of a 12 mark question on encoding, capacity and duration for STM and ltm?

ReputationRep:
    Who else is freaking that its less than 2 weeks until the Psy1 paper?!

ReputationRep:
    Long term effects of institutionalisation?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys
    I was doing old past papers for unit 2 (june 2010 and jan 09) and a question on the emotion focused approach keeps coming up ( even as an 8 marker!!) the problem is this isnt even on the spec. do we need to know this or is it part of the old spec cause i have never come across it???

thnaks guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    hey guys
    I was doing old past papers for unit 2 (june 2010 and jan 09) and a question on the emotion focused approach keeps coming up ( even as an 8 marker!!) the problem is this isnt even on the spec. do we need to know this or is it part of the old spec cause i have never come across it???

thnaks guys
    You shouldn't need to know that as it's in the old spec. For any clarification, you can check the up-to-date spec on the AQA Website.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have last years Unit 1 Paper, or the questions that came up?

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about defense mechanisms for Freud's psychodynamic approach to abnormality?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got links to the June 2015 psya1 paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldiers)
    You shouldn't need to know that as it's in the old spec. For any clarification, you can check the up-to-date spec on the AQA Website.
    Okay great thanks 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly2947)
    Has anyone got links to the June 2015 psya1 paper?
    Are you having a laugh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah4262)
    Do we need to know about defense mechanisms for Freud's psychodynamic approach to abnormality?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saran12)
    Are you having a laugh?
    May 2014*****!!!! Lol major typo!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.