Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello people
    I'm currently a 1st year medic at plovdiv uni
    if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me as I have registered and I have been through the whole process which was a headache, I don't want anyone to make the same mistakes I made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halal kebab5)
    plovdiv is probably the best IMO, and you should have just started med 1st year you will regret it next year cuz its so easy, nothing compared to a levels and youre gonna enjoy the studying here
    you being a medicine student could you advice any books textbooks i should read through preferable textbooks used in year1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OG bulgaria)
    hello people
    I'm currently a 1st year medic at plovdiv uni
    if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me as I have registered and I have been through the whole process which was a headache, I don't want anyone to make the same mistakes I made
    Did you use an agency? Why the headache?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink01pink)
    Yeah I thought I was really late also, deffo feel at ease knowing there's people applying late too. Yeah my agency said you come in couple of days before to sort accom out and stuff? So maybe like the 10th or even before. Seems really rushed but I'm hella excited!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definately super exciting Have you ever been Sofia before? Going to be a first for me and not really sure what to expect .

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I thought I was really late also, deffo feel at ease knowing there's people applying late too. Yeah my agency said you come in couple of days before to sort accom out and stuff? So maybe like the 10th or even before. Seems really rushed but I'm hella excited!!!

Heya guys, I've just made the daunting call to SME and they've said the only place they have left is at Sofia!
    Anyone else going there?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobjenson)
    Definately super exciting Have you ever been Sofia before? Going to be a first for me and not really sure what to expect .

I've never been. First time for me also I've heard it's better than what you expect I really hope it is. Hopefully we will be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Plz PM me also the details

ReputationRep:
    Did you manage to apply through Study Medicine Europe? I really wanted to go there but got rejected. I saw an announcement that Sofia don't deal with Study Medicine Europe so I'm curious to how you managed because I wanted to apply with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abz1901)
    Did you manage to apply through Study Medicine Europe? I really wanted to go there but got rejected. I saw an announcement that Sofia don't deal with Study Medicine Europe so I'm curious to how you managed because I wanted to apply with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I was really shocked too.
    I've not applied yet but I've enquired and they've given me a quote of £3,500 just for processing my application.
    Deadline for Sofia is today and I'm still in two minds about all of this.
    They've told me that all the other universities that they work with are full apart from Sofia and Sofia do not do student loans as of yet.
    Study Medicine Europe is a huge money making scheme, everything is double or even triple the price but that's the price of getting into medicine.
    They will accept any qualification atm, give it a go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakeside)
    Yeah I was really shocked too.
    I've not applied yet but I've enquired and they've given me a quote of £3,500 just for processing my application.
    Deadline for Sofia is today and I'm still in two minds about all of this.
    They've told me that all the other universities that they work with are full apart from Sofia and Sofia do not do student loans as of yet.
    Study Medicine Europe is a huge money making scheme, everything is double or even triple the price but that's the price of getting into medicine.
    They will accept any qualification atm, give it a go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got rejected from Sofia when I applied so I made an application to Pleven for February instead as last resort. If you apply won't your application get rejected by Sofia? Because on their website they say that they won't take applications from Study Medicine Europe, im confused! I really wanted to go Sofia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected from Sofia when I applied so I made an application to Pleven for February instead as last resort. If you apply won't your application get rejected by Sofia? Because on their website they say that they won't take applications from Study Medicine Europe, im confused! I really wanted to go Sofia

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what's really concerning me, the fact that on the website they've stated that they have no agreements whatsoever with Study Medicine Europe.
    I've already got an application for Pleven and I'm on the waiting list. Like you said, last resort and it's a backup.

I've emailed SME about the website thing and awaiting a response (this should be good lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could still try Sofia with SME if you really wanted to go there, you do the English test over in Sofia. If you have all the documents, just send it over to them to be notorised. There may still be time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarz_a)
    You could still try Sofia with SME if you really wanted to go there, you do the English test over in Sofia. If you have all the documents, just send it over to them to be notorised. There may still be time!
    I'm happy with going to Pleven, I know a few others there already but thanks anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Basically i wanna apply but i have NO idea how to

FIRST: i got BBCC (bio, geo, chem, phys) for AS. I'm predicted AAB at A2 (in bio, geo, chem)

SECOND: I'm muslim - wear a headscarf - i don't wanna go to somewhere with low racial tolerance. do you know any women there with head coverings? also - where's the best area/ uni to go to for me, and cheapest too?

FinALLY : how do i apply? I have no idea where to start, who to talk to. Everything is in a different language and i don't understand. People have been talking about agencies and idk what they are. I heard they are expensive and rip you off. I don't know what's the best one? can someone point me in a direction here?

thanks guys

EDIT: also information about student loans, tuition fees, costs of applying and accomodation etc will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhink)
    Hey guys

Basically i wanna apply but i have NO idea how to

FIRST: i got BBCC (bio, geo, chem, phys) for AS. I'm predicted AAB at A2 (in bio, geo, chem)

SECOND: I'm muslim - wear a headscarf - i don't wanna go to somewhere with low racial tolerance. do you know any women there with head coverings? also - where's the best area/ uni to go to for me, and cheapest too?

FinALLY : how do i apply? I have no idea where to start, who to talk to. Everything is in a different language and i don't understand. People have been talking about agencies and idk what they are. I heard they are expensive and rip you off. I don't know what's the best one? can someone point me in a direction here?

thanks guys

EDIT: also information about student loans, tuition fees, costs of applying and accomodation etc will be appreciated

Do you want to apply this year?
    Ah just read again you're an AS student.

Okay so, first of all your grades will be fine for entry to Medicine in Bulgaria and about your religion well there's plenty of Muslim girls coming from the uk to study in Bulgaria so do not worry at all! You will find someone.

Application procedures/entry to the university is unfortunately not straight forward so therefore there's agencies out there to help you with the whole complicated process, as you have a lot of time ahead still you can shop around and find the cheapest price I think if you go through outreach or eunicas it's something it's like £300/400 which is not a lot considering there's some agencies charging you £2,500 like SME(Study Medicine Europe) but they do get the job done! Also help you in getting a accom and sort out all your notarisation/translation of all your documents which you need to do for a place to study medicine abroad.

Tuition fees are roughly about £6000 a year.

I would recommend you look into Plovdiv as they allow you to take a loan out with the bank and Sofia university as of yet does not, also I've heard accom/living costs there is cheaper than Sofia.

Good luck in your application X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wanna apply after i get my results so august 2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhink)
    i wanna apply after i get my results so august 2016
    Hi I've edited the post above to your questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah just read again you're an AS student.

Okay so, first of all your grades will be fine for entry to Medicine in Bulgaria and about your religion well there's plenty of Muslim girls coming from the uk to study in Bulgaria so do not worry at all! You will find someone.

Application procedures/entry to the university is unfortunately not straight forward so therefore there's agencies out there to help you with the whole complicated process, as you have a lot of time ahead still you can shop around and find the cheapest price I think if you go through outreach or eunicas it's something it's like £300/400 which is not a lot considering there's some agencies charging you £2,500 like SME(Study Medicine Europe) but they do get the job done! Also help you in getting a accom and sort out all your notarisation/translation of all your documents which you need to do for a place to study medicine abroad.

Tuition fees are roughly about £6000 a year.

I would recommend you look into Plovdiv as they allow you to take a loan out with the bank and Sofia university as of yet does not, also I've heard accom/living costs there is cheaper than Sofia.

Good luck in your application X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    okay thank you! i'm an A2 student actually haha, but i wanna see if i get A's at the end so i can apply to uk unis because i wanna keep going abroad as a last resort. And thank you i'll be shopping around for agencies, someone recommended one to me and i'll check that out.

And thanks i'll check plovdiv out! thanks again for the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhink)
    okay thank you! i'm an A2 student actually haha, but i wanna see if i get A's at the end so i can apply to uk unis because i wanna keep going abroad as a last resort. And thank you i'll be shopping around for agencies, someone recommended one to me and i'll check that out.

And thanks i'll check plovdiv out! thanks again for the help!

There's also Interhecs and I think they charge about a £1000 for their service and have connections with universities, like I said you have a lot of time and it's not last min like it was for me sadly. Good luck in getting into UK med school competition is tough, good to keep studying abroad as the last option is all doesn't work out X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There's also Interhecs and I think they charge about a £1000 for their service and have connections with universities, like I said you have a lot of time and it's not last min like it was for me sadly. Good luck in getting into UK med school competition is tough, good to keep studying abroad as the last option is all doesn't work out X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah it's super difficult to get into uk med schools as i'm sure you know but it's more convenient. It's not fair that only like 5 years ago, tuition fees were £3000 per year (nothing) and entry requirements were AAB. No ukcat, no bmat nonsense

now it's all these rules and impossible entry requirements and work experience and entrance exams and money... ugh

but idc i WILL be a doctor, and i'm willing to do what it takes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.