Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous 😡

ReputationRep:
    Technically, we can still hope we'll get them today until the end of working hours (5-ish). So let's cross our fingers and if it doesn't happen, see y'all tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applying2skool)
    Technically, we can still hope we'll get them today until the end of working hours (5-ish). So let's cross our fingers and if it doesn't happen, see y'all tomorrow
    Doubt it

ReputationRep:
    Did they come at 4 pm exact last year?

ReputationRep:
    £50 for pre-historic computer software and a 4-month wait with no specified results date

Almost wish I didn't value getting into a good university so that I could make a stand and not hand over my money

ReputationRep:
    Not even sure why I'm getting so worked up, finding out the result wont change anything

ReputationRep:
    pretty much yeah

ReputationRep:
    dont fret too much guys, it could still come at ~5 today, it was 1pm today in 2013 (and was on the 2nd in 2012)

ReputationRep:
    Why can't they tell us an exact date?? So much money and what we have?? Predict it yourselves -_-

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why we're all so frustrated though.. I mean getting these results means nothing as our universities already have them and we still wouldn't know the significance of our essay in terms of the admission tutors' minds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reaperx)
    Not sure why we're all so frustrated though.. I mean getting these results means nothing as our universities already have them and we still wouldn't know the significance of our essay in terms of the admission tutors' minds
    You're right, knowing our results won't change anything. But it will bring us peace of mind. And speaking as someone who is prone to stress, that's something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applying2skool)
    You're right, knowing our results won't change anything. But it will bring us peace of mind. And speaking as someone who is prone to stress, that's something.
    I understand that. It's just that I thought that the MCQ results served simply as a cut-off tool so I'd assume that whilst some people haven't received offers / reply yet the fact that they haven't been rejected, if that is the case means that they did relatively well - although I've never seemed to hear that a high MCQ score got people offers. Then again I understand that scores do mean quite a lot to people, good or bad, so I hope that the results do come soon to give you peace of mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reaperx)
    The thing is that its been a long while since most of us gave our test... "Even if it's confirm you are going to get a good salary, you still would want to know the numbers"

ReputationRep:
    nothing!!!!!!! why hasn't it come yet

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a conditional for Aberdeen??

ReputationRep:
    The result won't change anything but ultimately its a 135 minute test that costs £50 and requires a decent level of dedication to agree to. At a time of year when people are waiting on various results or decisions, ranging from January A level exams to Access assignments or UCAS updates, it would be nice if this particular issue could be dealt with quickly. The tools are there for them to do it which makes it really frustrating to still be waiting. Even if they just sent an email saying it will be dealt with by the end of the week, because I guess technically 'early February' classes as anything prior to half way, so could include all of next week as well.

It's just annoying, it's not going to change anything and it's not make or break at this stage but I'd like to know, and the lack of communication regarding it is starting to get old now very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmurp017)
    The result won't change anything but ultimately its a 135 minute test that costs £50 and requires a decent level of dedication to agree to. At a time of year when people are waiting on various results or decisions, ranging from January A level exams to Access assignments or UCAS updates, it would be nice if this particular issue could be dealt with quickly. The tools are there for them to do it which makes it really frustrating to still be waiting. Even if they just sent an email saying it will be dealt with by the end of the week, because I guess technically 'early February' classes as anything prior to half way, so could include all of next week as well.

It's just annoying, it's not going to change anything and it's not make or break at this stage but I'd like to know, and the lack of communication regarding it is starting to get old now very quickly.
    Here here!! You couldn't have put that any better...totally sums up how I am feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Nice email from UCAS there about student accommodation to get us all on the edge of our seats... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigorain)
    Nice email from UCAS there about student accommodation to get us all on the edge of our seats... :mad:
    I suggest unsubscribing from their spam mail, it definitely has made me less stressed about each e-mail I get

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! Almost regret not doing the LNAT but oh well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.