Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloom77)
    When would be start hearing back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you'll receive acknowledgement after the deadline when they receive all applications..
    But after acknowledgement you won't really hear anything till feb/march according to previous yr threads

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritless98)
    I think you'll receive acknowledgement after the deadline when they receive all applications..
    But after acknowledgement you won't really hear anything till feb/march according to previous yr threads

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol
    I guess we're playing the waiting game...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    This year there were 550 applicants to BM6 wih 120 interviews and 45 offers just for your info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    This year there were 550 applicants to BM6 wih 120 interviews and 45 offers just for your info!
    Are GCSEs weighted for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got a hospital shadowing placement finalised - after trying everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got a hospital shadowing placement finalised - after trying everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are GCSEs weighted for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd like to know this too as I've heard you should have a good set of GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to know this too as I've heard you should have a good set of GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine meet the minimum but they're by no means good...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevi14)
    Hey guys, I'm also going for the BM6 program! I just scraped in with grades instead of going to the BM5. I got AAAc and meet all the eligible criteria things! Tips for applying here are just make sure u have a stellar Personal statement and good references! They usaully send out unconditionals as the offers are quite low anyway! I did a lot of research so I though I would help spew it all out....they give a £1000 bursary for the first year and 2 years on campus guaranteed accomadation. Timetable for year 0 is relaxed, 3 days a week lectures tues and thursday 9-5pm and wednesday 9-12pm! They will send out an eligibility form where u need to submit some details and documents around November! Good luck guys and hopefully will see some of u there next year!! Might need to create a fb page too like previous years
    Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm also going for the BM6 program! I just scraped in with grades instead of going to the BM5. I got AAAc and meet all the eligible criteria things! Tips for applying here are just make sure u have a stellar Personal statement and good references! They usaully send out unconditionals as the offers are quite low anyway! I did a lot of research so I though I would help spew it all out....they give a £1000 bursary for the first year and 2 years on campus guaranteed accomadation. Timetable for year 0 is relaxed, 3 days a week lectures tues and thursday 9-5pm and wednesday 9-12pm! They will send out an eligibility form where u need to submit some details and documents around November! Good luck guys and hopefully will see some of u there next year!! Might need to create a fb page too like previous years
    Are you applying this year? Or are you starting bm6 already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    They don't usually send out unconditionals. If you have the grades, you might get an unconditional but it's not common as they like to have your a level certificates before making it 100%.

Good luck though!! Good information

ReputationRep:
    I got a score of 610 for my average
    If only I did well in VR
    But I'm happy coz I didn't even revise that much lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a score of 610 for my average
    If only I did well in VR
    But I'm happy coz I didn't even revise that much lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was the breakdown for each Q? And how did it compare to mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What was the breakdown for each Q? And how did it compare to mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In mocks, I got about 570 lool (I only did 2 mocks)

VR: 480 (I know, I'm generally really bad at this)

QR: 680

AR: 680

DA: 600 (whoops lol)

Band 2

I'm quite pleased for the lack of revision tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In mocks, I got about 570 lool (I only did 2 mocks)

VR: 480 (I know, I'm generally really bad at this)

QR: 680

AR: 680

DA: 600 (whoops lol)

Band 2

I'm quite pleased for the lack of revision tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's pretty good,
    Don't worry
    As long as the rest is fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty good,
    Don't worry
    As long as the rest is fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope we get offers aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope we get offers aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here!
    I have a feeling we will
    I honestly do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do Southampton really consider the UKCAT for the foundation course?? Does anyone know how they select students for interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I got 5A* 4A 1Bfor GCSE's. I got AABB for AS-levels and I will probably be predicted AAA/AAB. Done Work experience, Voluntary stuff, Duke of Edinburgh (Silver), NCS, Sports ect. If 550 people apply and there are only 30 places what are the chances for me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.